Chapter 3

Strung Apart by Fate

Soobin curled up into a ball on the couch, wrapped up in blankets as he sneezed into a tissue. Kai was across the room on the loveseat enjoying his cup of matcha latte as he rambled on about his summer spent with his sisters and parents.

"But yeah, Lea wasn't there the whole time because she got to hang out with her soulmate and Bahiyyih was annoyed that her timer went down to at least 30 seconds and then went up again so she scrambled to look for her soulmate," rambled Kai, with Soobin nodding along the whole time.

"And after that, we got lost and her timer went back up," finished Kai as the front door opened. "That ," hummed Soobin as he took a sip of the tea Kai had gotten from the cafe.

"I'm home!" Called Taehyun as he walked into the livingroom after taking off his shoes, Heeseung close behind him.

"You didn't miss much, just Kai talking my ear off," commented Soobin as he took a tissue and sneezed into it, throwing it into a nearby trash can. "You were invested into the story, don't lie," whined Kai. "Of course," Soobin replied, nodding as he took a sip of his tea.

"Soobin needs to rest you know," reminded Heeseung as he sat down beside Kai. "Of course, but Soobin wanted his tea," mumbled Kai as he shrugged, taking a sip of his latte. "I didn't want to stay in bed all day," grumbled Soobin. "At least don't do too much today okay?" Asked Taehyun as he sat beside Soobin. "I'm fine, really, you don't need to dote on me," grumbled Soobin.

"We're just worried okay? Last time you said that you ended up in the hospital," sighed Taehyun. "I get it, I get it," Soobin said quickly. "I feel fine, okay?" He asked. "Just let us know if you start feeling worse," demanded Taehyun. "I will, I will," reassured Soobin as he nodded.

"Tomorrow is the first day of classes, do you think you'll be okay to go in?" Asked Taehyun. "Probably," replied Soobin as he shrugged. "I have a morning class though, so you guys are gonna either have to wake up early or walk," he added.

"Did Yeonjun ever say when he was coming back?" Asked Kai. Soobin shook his head no. "Not that I'm aware of," he replied with a shrug. "Hm," hummed Kai.

 

~



Beomgyu sighed as he got up from his bed, going into the bathroom to take a shower and wake himself up some. It was the first day of classes and he had an early morning class so Beomgyu didn't want to try and wake up his dormmate.

After taking a shower and getting dressed Beomgyu went to grab his bag and put on his shoes before leaving the dorms with his keys in hand.

Beomgyu wasn't sure why they had him do a class at 8 in the morning, but he wasn't going to complain if he met his soulmate again. He just hoped that Soobin wasn't accident prone this life unlike his last life.

 

~



Soobin walked into his early morning class, grumbling about waking up early as he found a seat near the back of the classroom. He had noticed that there was someone there already, though they looked like they were sleeping still. Soobin took his spot near the person and sat down, laying his head down on the desk and waiting on class to start.

Beomgyu peeked out from under his arms as he heard someone enter the room, finding Soobin entering and going to sit down near him. He huffed out a sigh as he sat up, looking around the room as it started to fill with other students, including Jake and Jungwon who were sitting a few seats away from them. He turned his head slightly to look at Soobin who was sitting up and now paying attention to class before turning back to look at the teacher as she started class.

 

~



Soobin met up with Jake and Jungwon after class, walking with them to the cafeteria to get breakfast. Beomgyu was left to slowly follow behind them, with the excuse of learning where things were on campus being used to be able to walk with them. Beomgyu's real excuse was to get closer to his soulmate, though he didn't get too close in case the curse decided to pop up from nowhere and Soobin would be taken from him this soon after meeting him again.

They were joined by Heeseung and Taehyun who were just arriving to eat breakfast before they had to go to their first classes.

"How was the first class?" Asked Taehyun as they sat around a table. "It was honestly boring, then again it was at 8 in the morning," replied Jungwon as he shrugged. "I'm surprised you were awake for the whole class," remarked Jake as he turned to Jungwon. "I have nothing better to do, it's not like I can see the colors on the board," grumbled Jungwon. "Also this is a mandatory class," he added. "I have to pay attention," he explained.

"Computer science major too?" Asked Beomgyu. "I'm trying to get into the medical field, as an xray tech," explained Jungwon. "I'm minoring in computer science," chimed in Soobin as he shrugged. "I'm an engineering major, so this is a part of it," explained Jake as he shrugged. "Am I the only computer science major?" Asked Beomgyu. "No, I am but I took the class last semester," replied Taehyun as he shrugged. "We didn't have this class at my other school," hummed Beomgyu as he looked thoughtful.

"Well, I need to go," hummed Heeseung as he got up, slinging the strap of his bag over his shoulder. "I'll see you guys around lunch time yeah?" He asked. "Be careful," said Taehyun as he waved off Heeseung. "I'll try," sighed Heeseung as he turned and walked away, heading to his class.

"Heeseung seems to be in quite the hurry," remarked Soobin as he tilted his head to the side. "Did you two get into another fight?" He asked, turning to Taehyun. "No, no," Taehyun reassured quickly. "He's stressed already with his classes, and it's only the first day," he explained.

"Ah, right, the owner gave us the day off by the way," chimed in Jungwon. "Let us have a few days to adjust to the new semester anyway," he added. "Good," groaned Soobin. "The other crew is never there anymore, they need to take over more now," he added.

"The other crew?" Asked Beomgyu. "Ah, they're a bunch of upperclassmen from various parts of the school," replied Taehyun. "They're there on all of our days off," he explained. "I see," hummed Beomgyu. "They're mostly the morning crew, since apparently we all have morning classes," added Jungwon.

"I'm going to be leaving you guys soon for the morning crew," sighed Soobin. "Right, you're a junior now?" asked Taehyun. "You know how awkward it is to be in a class of freshman and sophmores?" Asked Soobin as he rubbed his face with his hands. "And I only have one morning class so I'll be able to join the morning crew after classes," he added.

"Ah, I never got to introduce my best friend!" Soobin said suddenly as he perked up. "Sorry, Beomgyu, this is Taehyun," he explained. "Taehyun, this is Beomgyu," he added. "You've met the others by now I'm sure?" He asked. "In Heeseung's dorm? Yeah," Beomgyu replied with a nod.

"Do you know what Jay's soulmate thingy is?" Asked Jake. "He's not very open about it," he added. "From what I could see? I don't know," hummed Jungwon. "It could be anything at this point," he added. "I have a theory, but it could be anything at this point," hummed Jake.

"What do you think Beomgyu?" Asked Jake as he turned to Beomgyu. "Truth be told? I don't know either," replied Beomgyu as he shrugged. "What's yours then?" Asked Taehyun as he looked curious. "Ah... Reincarnation," mumbled Beomgyu, causing Taehyun to flinch in understanding. "Oh, I know how that is," grumbled Taehyun.

"How many lives did you go through before finding your way here?" Asked Jungwon as he looked curious. "This will be the 4th," hummed Beomgyu. "Damn, 4 times?" Asked Jake. "What can I say, my soulmate was a klutz," Beomgyu stated with a shrug.