Chapter 14

Strung Apart by Fate

Beomgyu stood a few feet in front of Seoho, a look of concentration on his face as he stared down Seoho. Seoho was in a similar position as he eyed Beomgyu, the both of them not moving for a few minutes. They had sticks at their sides, held like a sword in a sheathe and were planning a spar. Their audience consisted of Soobin and the others, as they were curious as to how this would end.

"When are-" started Kai as Seoho was the first to move, drawing his stick and launching forward in an attack. Beomgyu quickly blocked him, meeting head on as Beomgyu held his stick in an unusual manner, "-they gonna start?" Finished Kai as he looked surprised at the speed.

"The old trick again?" Taunted Beomgyu as he shoved forward, using the momentum to swing his stick upwards to try and catch Seoho off guard.

Seoho moved away quickly, smirking as he his stick forward. "I've learned a few tricks since then," he returned as he lunged forward with the stick as he slammed his shoulder into Beomgyu's chest, sending him backwards a few feet.

Beomgyu grunted at the impact, standing his ground as he stuck his stick in the ground to steady himself before moving to do a low sweep with his feet, causing Seoho to jump backwards and away from Beomgyu who followed up with a lunge forward as he grabbed the stick and swung down, meeting Seoho halfway as Seoho blocked the blow with his stick.

"You giving up yet?" Taunted Seoho as they stood at a standstill, neither wanting to backdown.

"Nope," retorted Beomgyu as he jumped away, bracing himself on the stick as he stuck it into the ground to do a flip kicking out with his feet and catching Seoho by surprise.

Seoho had quick reflexes, at least enough to lean backwards and out of the range of the kick before he brought his stick up to hit Beomgyu in the legs to knock him away and onto the ground in a heap.

Beomgyu huffed as Seoho quickly stood and went to put the stick at his neck as Beomgyu did the same, bringing his stick up to Seoho's chest and ending their spar.

"That was frikin awesome!" Shouted Seongmin as he ran over with the others as Seoho helped Beomgyu up.

"Your sword fighting has improved over the years," remarked Beomgyu as he brushed himself off, turning and bowing at Seoho.

"I have been stuck with a sword master for centuries at this point, I need to keep my skills up to his standards," replied Seoho as he bowed in return, the both of them straightening and sharing a friendly grin.

"If you didn't, I wouldn't've kept you around as long as I did," came a new voice as Jahan walked over, causing Beomgyu and Seoho to turn to him and bow.

"Jahan," greeted Beomgyu as he straightened, smiling in greeting.

"Your highness," greeted Seoho as he straightened, shaking his head when Jahan waved him off.

"None of that, I haven't been a king in centuries," dismissed Jahan as he turned to Soobin and the others who bowed in greeting before straightening, Soobin looking almost awe struck as he got to meet another king.

"When did you return to Korea?" Asked Beomgyu.

"Ah, the same time Dann did," responded Jahan as he shrugged. "I just took my time coming back to the house due to outside factors," he added. "I hope you have been enjoying your stay here," he remarked, speaking to Soobin and the others.

"Oh, it's been fun!" Replied Seongmin. "Seoho is a generous host," he added. "I almost don't want to go back to Seoul tomorrow, but alas we have classes to get back to," he sighed.

"You're the only person who has to return to classes," remarked Kai. "Being a high schooler and all," he added. "But I'm sure everyone in Heeseung and Beomgyu's dorm is missing them right now," he teased, earning sighs from both Beomgyu and Heeseung.

"Jake says the cafe hasn't been the same since we left, even if we've only been gone for like 2 days," commented Taehyun as he shrugged. "It seems to be busier because we're gone," he remarked, shaking his head.

"Also, Yeonjun's back," piped up Beomgyu. "So you'll see him back at your place," he explained to Seoho who snorts. "That kid," grumbled Seoho as he shook his head.

"What's wrong with Yeonjun huh?" Asked Soobin. "He's not that bad," he added.

"Yeonjun and Ivan are still a touchy subject," explained Beomgyu. "But Yeonjun is making an effort to be more... Sociable," he explained. "Ivan is more humbled than he used to be," he sighed. "But reputation and things," he added.

"Hey," sighed Jahan. "Enough," he commanded. "Yeonjun helped him, and we're grateful for that, okay?" He asked.

 

~



After having dinner that Jahan and Seoho conjured up for their last day everyone decided to just go relax in their rooms and make sure to clean up what little mess they had. Beomgyu and Soobin were currently sitting in bed watching TV.

"I enjoyed our time here," commented Soobin as he looked at his phone when he got a message. "I didn't think it'd be this relaxing," he remarked.

"Sometimes you just need to step away from life," agreed Beomgyu as he turned to Soobin. "It was good that we went on this vacation, I didn't want to be stuck studying again," he sighed, earning an amused sounding scoff from Soobin.

"At least midterms are over and done with?" Asked Soobin.

"I guess," sighed Beomgyu as his tablet pinged, causing Beomgyu to reach over to grab it, tapping the screen to see who was messaging him. "Ah, Jay says hello," he commented, typing a reply back before checking the other chats he was in.

"How's he doing anyway?" Asked Soobin as he turned to Beomgyu.

"Better, the therapy is helping, and my friends found him," responded Beomgyu as he shrugged. "They will have to return to their kings at some point, but for now they're keeping an eye on Jay," he added.

"Who do they work for?" Asked Soobin as he blinked in surprise.

"One works for Mujin, and the other works for Arthur," hummed Beomgyu as he responded to the chats he was in. Soobin hummed, nodding as he turned back to the tv.

 

~



Soobin drove back, everyone back in their usual seats because it just seemed easier to do so. Everyone but Beomgyu and Soobin were sleeping, as Soobin had decided to leave early in the morning.

"By the way," started Soobin as he kept an eye on the road. "When were you gonna tell me we were soulmates?" He asked.