Kabanata 4

Paglaum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina's POV

 

"Rina! Warahel! I can't believe you're not listening." Giselle hissed. 

 

Galit na siya but I can't help it. Masyado ng madami ang iniisip ko, I don't even know what's going on with me.

 

Kakarating ko lang sa dorm at aalis na naman kami ti drink sa the palms. Every weekend I'm staying in our house and since I missed another "euphoric party" according to Giselle. She's now trying to chika about how it goes. 

 

Both of my parents are working abroad. So it's just me and Ate Irene who are staying in our house in Silay. Actually ate bought a condo beside a mall in Bacolod for easier access na rin sa school. But Giselle wants me to stay with her sa dorm na kinuha niya. She won't share her room with someone unless it's me. So I ended up in her dorm instead of ate's condominium. Wala namang problema as long as uuwi ako every weekend and araw-araw naman kami nagkikita sa school ni ate.

 

Giselle is trying to impress her parents and lolo. That is why she's trying to be independent, she's been staying in our dorm like it's already her home. Her life revolves around parties, if she wants to have a party everyday, I swear to God she will. She's an only child and apparently the only granddaughter ng may ari ng lakawon.  

 

If you asked her why she's renting a dorm instead of buying a condominium? 

 

She wants to experience the normal life of a college student, she wants to experience how students struggle academically and financially. 

 

Unbelievable right? But hindi siya nauubusan ng pera so I doubt na ma e-experience niya ang mag struggle financially. Di nga niya masurvive na hindi mag party for one week.

 

"G, I'm sorry I was too preoccupied for a while, but go on I'm listening." I shrugged whatever was bothering me and tried to be attentive to my friend. She looked at me suspiciously.

 

"Uh-huh… Care to tell what's going on with you? Last Friday I felt like something's off. I have an idea, but I want to hear it directly from you." She grinned at me.

 

Oh my god I hate it already. 

 

"This isn't what you think it is." 

 

"Ano ba ang thoughts ko?" She's now looking innocently.  

 

It's been three days since that heated debate happened with Winter. Those last words she said… God it's been in my mind and it . 

 

Why do I see it as a big deal? For real though? I mean I'm used to that kind of compliment like I hear it a lot, but damn, her words still linger around my head and that annoying smirk she wears when she looks at me. 

 

Damn her. 

 

If she hates admitting it then don't admit it. Hindi yung parang labag pa sa loob niya na parang pinilit siya na sabihin ang mga words na yun. 

 

Our argument ended when she sat and I stood there looking at her dumbfounded. I should have said more, but her words left me speechless. 

 

I didn't get her at first. She disagrees with our classmates about me being pretty and I don't know if she's still messing around or what. 

 

Naiisip ko pa lang ang Monday parang… ang overwhelming for me. Our classmates will continue teasing us tomorrow. But why do I feel so excited about that? 

 

Gosh this is stressing me.

 

"G… a-about what Winter said–" .

 

"GOTCHA!" Giselle shouted.

 

"Girl, I swear to god she's ing attractive when she said her closing remarks. Ang cute niyo palagi pagnagbabayangan and the fact na ikaw palagi ang panalo… girl that day was remarkable because you were speechless.  My gosh so you like her now?" 

 

It’s true naman never pa ako natalo sa arguments namin when it comes sa mga discussion sa class. Usually she’ll accept my argument and agree with it because I’m confident that I’m always right. 

 

"NO! it's just that naiisip ko pa rin ang sinabi niya." 

 

Bakit ganito si G makatingin like patay malisya niya akong tinitingnan.

 

"Rina, If ako din naman ang sasabihan ng ganun, maglulupasay ako sa sahig."

 

"You are overreacting again, are you sure you're straight? Anyways, that's a genuine question."

 

"May straight pa ba ngayon?" 

 

I raise my eyebrow. I'm straight, G. My god.


 

She nodded as if she understood something. "Oh, I can see that you'll eventually admit na you're not straight. Trust the process…” She winked at me.  

 

"Not too soon I guess? Because apparently Winter has a girlfriend."  She added.

 

"What the , G? I don't like her, okay? I guess ang G sa Giselle stands for gay? And I doubt she's in a relationship… Everytime we see her she's hanging out with different people."

 

Let's say na meron nga, but I still find her immature and she loves messing around with people. 

 

"Yup that's how it works, I'm gay. And anong wala… you remember our cute neighbor?"

 

"Uh-huh what about Ning?" 

 

I know her. Nagkakilala kami… as far as I remember second week ng classes yun. Kumatok kasi ang dorm mate niya sa door namin and I thought that was Giselle dahil she's outside partying din. 

 

I was surprised when I saw their unfamiliar faces and I ended up helping Ning na ipasok si Yuna sa dorm nila dahil lasing. Since that encounter, palagi na kaming nagpapansinan when we run with each other. She's nice though, I'm planning to make her my friend if hindi na ako masyadong intimidating tignan, but that's impossible. 

 

"Oh so you know her name pala. Girlfriend yan ni Winter." 

 

What? 

 

"Basis? I'm sorry if I still find it ridiculous mej di ako naniniwala na si Ning ang girlfriend. That girl is too soft para magka jowa ng ewan ko if anong nilalang si Winter."

 

Giselle chuckled. She's enjoying talaga na mag spill ng chismis to me.  

 

"Ryujin and I talked. She thought din na walang jowa si Winter. Ako pa lang pala ang first na naka know. Nag taka din kasi siya dahil early siyang umalis sa training nila nung friday kahit may mga girls from other school na nanonood sa training nila. And then here's the fun part…" 

 

Yeah naalala ko din na may mga outsiders sa bleachers ng basketball court that time. Knowing Ryujin and Winter mahilig talaga sila makipag socialize kahit kanino. 

 

Bored kong tinignan si G dahil parang binibitin niya pa ako sa chika niya. Bakit di niya na lang sabihin my god.

 

"I was on my way that time papunta sa dorm natin. I walked slowly lang dahil I'm texting someone and the hallway is dark din then I saw Winter knocking. At first nga I thought sa door natin siya nag knock, but when that girl open the door doon lang ako nagulat. Nag-away ata sila dahil ang sama ng tingin ni girl sa kanya and she just stood there eventually niyakap din siya ni girl at pinapasok." 

 

Wow. I thought I'm listening to some stories in a book. Ang rupok naman ni Ning when it comes to her lover. I hope I'm not like some marupok girl when I found my special someone. 

 

"Just because nagyakapan, nag conclude kana na girlfriend?" 

 

What if they're just friends. I mean that's possible naman.

 

"Rina, are you in denial? Di matanggap na may jowa na si Winter? Kahit nga si Ryujin na convince ko, kaya nga she's not entertaining someone and may instances din na she's rejecting other girls daw whenever they go outside para mag party. Trivia din ha walang social media accounts si Winter." 

 

"My god, you don't like Winter naman diba? Invested kana masyado sa buhay niya." I hissed at her. 

 

Walang social media accounts? Bro that's insane. I feel like I'm dying nga if hindi ako mag makapag online.

 

"I'm doing this for your sake, Rina. As much as I want to ship you with Winter, hindi ko na magawa like our classmates do because she already has someone. I'm also saving your heart from a sudden heartbreak cause I can feel na nadala ka ng slight sa words niya." 

 

"Okay, I'll buy your excuses, thank you for serving me some good tea. I think we deserve to have fun right now. So where's your new found friends?" I asked, trying to roam my eyes inside the restobar. 

 

All the lights are dim and the DJ is already hyping up the people inside.   

 

“THERE THEY ARE.” I heard Giselle shout despite the noise around.

 

“Hi sis! I’m glad you came.” 

 

Tumabi muna ako sa gilid dahil nag beso pa ang dalawang babae na kararating lang. Base on their looks mukhang kanina pa sila nag start uminom. 

 

Giselle grabbed my hands. “By the way, this is my bestie Karina. Karina, Minju and Somi from La Salle.” I smiled at them. I was taken aback dahil bigla ako hinila ni Minju para mag beso at ganun din ang ginawa ni Somi. 

 

Wow. I think I like them na.

 

“Sis, even though ngayon ka pa lang namin na meet. I already feel like you’re my bestie na.” Somi said at hinawakan ako sa braso. 

 

Nag simula na kaming maglakad papuntang table namin where other girls were also there. 

 

“Rina, don’t go near her mamaya kung ayaw mo syang iligpit.” Giselle warned me. I saw Somi rolling her eyes. 

 

“Chakaek mo talaga makipag friend, Somi.”

 

“Uhm… What's chakaek? God I’m sorry, is it a millennial thing ba?” 

 

Ngayon ko lang narinig ang word nato. This is hilarious as it sounds. 

 

“Chakaek means panget. Actually gay linggwa kasi ‘yan.”

 

My gosh. This is great, I get to learn new things na naman. I nodded as a signed that I got what she said.

 

“Sis, ayusin mo linggwa mo di sina Ning kasama natin.”

 

“GIRLS MEET KARINA YU ANG MAGIGING VISUAL NG GROUP NATIN.” Minju shouted in front of the girls. 

 

I just shake my head in response. “You guys are way prettier than me so the visual spot isn't taken.” 

 

“Pa humble ka pa mhie, eto bottoms up by the way I’m Yuqi.” 

 

Inabot sa akin ni Yuqi ang sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter