Prologue

The Stone of Aiden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once again, a peaceful night comes upon Hogwarts. It’s been years since The Battle of Hogwarts ended. Hogwarts is now filled with bliss and serenity despite the bustling of impassioned and ambitious students that roams throughout the school.

 

A young girl stares at the glowing moon as she her snake companion that was resting on her lap. The young Slytherin was preoccupied with her thoughts, pondering whether her decision to withdraw from the quidditch team was the right resolution. She loves quidditch. It’s been her dream to be recruited as the team seeker ever since she enrolled in Hogwarts. She did and have served her purpose in becoming a dexterous seeker for almost 3 years now but due to some complication, the 16-year-old witch decided to leave.

 

“What do I do, Fluffy?” She sighs and looks at her pet snake. “Everyone is awfully crossed at me for quitting.” She continues to confide in Fluffy.

 

“If only they knew…” She once again lets out a deep sigh and rests her head against the wall, eyes gazing at the night sky.

 

Karina was currently alone in her room. It was the time of the year where students were given a choice whether to go home for the Christmas holidays or in certain cases, stay back at the castle like Karina. Only a few students stayed back ergo it was very quiet around the castle. It has only been 2 days since the holiday started but Karina was starting to feel lonely. She did not have many friends within her own house to begin with, but she does have a few close friends whom she cherished. However, even those few friends were back in their hometown for the holidays leaving Karina cooped up in her room.

 

Karina continues to wander in her thoughts when she heard something peculiar.

 

“Do you hear that Fluffy?” She questioned her pink Cone snake that now slithered around her arm. Karina pressed up her hands against the mirror as her eyes roam the outside world, trying to identify where that weak mewl came from.

 

The sound of whimpering continued to echo outside the castle. She wondered if any of the other students or staff had heard it but knowing it was in the middle of the night, she hardly believed that anyone was awake at the moment. The whimpering sounded so painful that it somehow made Karina’s heartache. Her eyes continue to scan outside the castle until they landed in the forbidden forest. It seemed like the noises came from there. She swallows the lump in .

 

Did she dare? It was the forbidden forest. Karina is one for bravery and venturesome, but this is rather a perilous decision for her. To venture into the forbidden forest? She could get expelled, get cursed, or worst, killed.

 

“Should I? Should I not? I mean, it could be anything. For all I know, I shouldn’t be involved with such…” She paces back and forth in her room, mumbling to herself. This time, a pitiful cry snapped her back to her senses. And just with that, she wraps her robe around herself, lit up a lantern, and walks out from her room filled with determination.

 

“Hold on.” She whispers and hopes to find whatever it is that is making that pitying sound, in time.

 

The young Slytherin shivers as she pulls her robe around her tightly. The frosty air was making it difficult for her to focus on her tracks. God, she just hopes she will make it through the night. Her pace starts to slow down when she was getting closer to the forest.

 

The wide view of the forest was now in front of her. The tall trees were covered with snow. Karina had second thoughts now. But then, someone might need help. So, making sure that she had her wand close to her, she grips her lantern tightly and takes a deep breath before bravely taking a step into the forest. She slowly ventures deeper into the forest, keeping her ears open for anything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter