Y♡UNG L♡VE .1 - BornToSlap . Not You! Him!

Y♡UNG L♡VE

 

 

"Yana! Wait! Come back! I'll take you home!"

Yana ran through the heavy rain with a hand hovering her head.

People around them were looking with curious glances, but had no intention of interfering.

"Stop following me!" Yana shouted back.

"Yana! Stop right now! I'm sorry! I promise I won't touch you without your permission again!"

Yana ignored him and ran across the street, despite it being busy with cars coming towards her both ways. "I can't believe mom set me up with that Won Bin again! That erted !" She grumbled.

"Yana, please come back!" Won Bin shouted after her, but didn't dare cross the street. "I'm sorry! Please don't tell your mom! She's going to tell my mom!"

 

Down further the sidewalk, there were booths set out for the hot summer weather shade but due to an unexpected rainstorm, the umbrellas outside were used for shelter instead.

Yana quickly hid behind one of the store walls and readied her fists. Taking in deep breaths, Yana closed her eyes and nodded her head. "It's now or never." She says.

Hearing footsteps, she opened her eyes and breathed out. "Okay. Ready up." Yana turned around and slapped Won Bin on the face. "Haaaa! Leave me alone you ert! You-"

Except, it wasn't Won Bin. It was a younger guy.... Holding onto an umbrella with half a cookie in between his teeth. The other half in the puddle, slowly melting away... The younger guy was obviously startled by Yana's sneak attack. Poor him. She even calculated it and he just had to be the same height as him?! Super tall... Super cute too, but aside from that, how can she not look before throwing hands? Oops...

Yana gasped, covering with both her hands. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! You see, I- It was supposed to be for him!" Yana pointed at Won Bin, who was still across the street, waiting for the signal to cross light up.

"Uh...." Was all the younger guy said, half the cookie still hadn't been eaten.

Scared of being seen, Yana grabbed onto the younger guys' collar shirt and pulled him towards the booths with the umbrellas out. There were a few people taking shelter under there. Therefore, Yana, still holding onto the younger guys' collar and still pulling him, dragged him towards the perfectly covered tables. Poor younger guy had to crouch down, still holding onto the umbrella and the uneaten half of the cookie in between his teeth, just cluelessly following the petite lady.

Making sure that no one was paying attention to them, Yana pulled him down with her and crawled under the table. "Shut the umbrella!" She harshly whispered to him. And he did as told.

Both of them settled under the table. Yana quite comfortably, patting her dress down, while the younger guy on the other hand, the opposite. He had to crouch even more, leaning both hands on his crossed legs, finally finishing his half cookie.

Awkward... Both strangers under one table....

Yana did a very great job not looking him in the eyes. So much for pulling a mere stranger down under the table with her huh...

 

The stranger, on the other hand, used this time to actually observe the weird lady stranger in front of him. Since she only showed her side profiles, he had a good look on her face. Every time she bites her lips, her dimple will show. Just one on her right cheek. Cute. A mole on her jaw line. Small figure with long curly hair.

Without further ado, he offered her his bag of cookies. His brand new bag of cookies that he just purchased... Usually he's very stingy with his things, especially food, but for no reason, he wanted to share with the weirdo in front of him. "Cookie?" He asked.

Yana shot her eyes to look at the bag in front of her and usually she was told to not accept anything from strangers, she takes one anyway... So much for stranger danger...

"Thank you..."

The younger guy nodded his head. "No problem."

Rain was still falling down hard and none of them spoke a word after that. But about 5 minutes later, Yana spoke up. "I'm sorry."

The younger guy looked at her. "Huh?"

Yana took a deep breath. "I didn't mean to slap you... It was supposed to be for someone else..."

"Umm... That's okay?"

"Does it still hurt? I can get you an ice pack later..."

"I'm fine..." He looked at her sullen face. "Did your boyfriend harass you?" He asked her.

Yana rolled her eyes and scoffed. "He is NOT my boyfriend. He is a erted that my mother had set me on a blind date for, not twice but three times! Just because he is my mother's sister's son!" Yana frowned, arms crossed. "I can't believe she didn't believe me when I told her that he was behaving inappropriately towards me!"

The younger guy chewed on his cookie, listening to her intently. "I'm sorry to hear that. I'll report him for you, if you wish me to."

Yana sighed, looking down dejectedly. "I really want to, Cookie Man... If I did report him and it went public, it would 'tarnish' both our family names and worse, both my mother and aunt would make us get married... I don't want to marry a man like that."

"Cookie Man?" He asked.

"It's so hard, you know?" Yana continued, "Getting set up for blind dates... I did date once and I thought it was going great, but I guess not." Yana sighed. "Now my mother is back to setting me up again! Ahh! What am I going to do!?" She cried, covering her face.

"Well, I can't really give you advice because I'm not in your shoes, but I really hope that things will get better on your end..." Cookie Man said.

 

Yana let out a deep breath and nodded her head. "I hope so too." She then grabbed another cookie from the bag and munched on it. "You know, I once tried a front flip down hill and almost broke my neck."

Cookie Man stopped mid chewing and looked at her. "Huhh?"

"It was stupid, I know. But I wanted to be cool like my little brothers. They were teasing me so much because they said I couldn't roll downhill like them so instead of doing a roll, I tried a flip...."

"How old are your brothers?" He asked.

"6."

"And how old are you?"

"22."

".............."

Yana grabbed another cookie.

"How-... Uh... When did the attempt happen?" Stunned Cookie Man asked.

"Just yesterday..." Yana sighed. "I'm never doing that again." She shook her head slowly.

Unsure how to take this in, Cookie Man pursed his lips and tried so hard not to judge this lady in front of him. "Are- Are you okay...?"

"Huh?" Yana looked at him questionably.

Cookie Man pointed to his neck. "Your neck. Is it okay?"

"Oh," Yana chuckled lightly and waved him off. "After an ice pack sitting on it for a few minutes, it is much better."

Weirdo.

Cookie Man couldn't help but chuckle along with her.

"I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a weirdo." Yana apologized, looking down at the empty cookie bag. "I've been spouting weird stuff to you."

Cookie Man choked on his saliva and coughed. "Oh! N-no!" He patted his chest. "It's totally fine. As long as it keeps you busy thinking about other things! Plus, I l-like weird... It's boring to be not-weird.... Sometimes I spout nonsense too. My friends think I'm weird too..." He smiled shyly at her.

Yana smiled tightly, dimple showing, making Cookie Man smile even wider. "So, how's your day going?"

"Mmm, could be better. I wasn't expecting to get slapped then get dragged down under a table though."

Yana and Cookie Man spent their time under the table talking about random topics. Getting too immersed with their conversation, they didn't notice the heavy rain had stopped 2 hours ago.

Their conversation stopped midway when a booth worker lifted up the table cover, startling both of them as well as the worker. "Oh good lord almighty!" The worker shouted, patting her chest to calm her down.

The two under the table shielded their eyes as the sun shone brightly at them as if it never rained. "Hey, the rain stopped." Cookie Man said, then turned to crawl out from under the table.

Yana uncrossed her legs and followed suit. Cookie Man extended his hand and helped her up, dusting both their clothes from dirt. Both of them bowed down to the worker and walked away.

Once they're at the crosswalk, Yana turns to Cookie Man and smiles awkwardly. "Thank you... Cookie Man..."

"It's Jungkook."

"Huh?"

"My name. Although, I do like Cookie Man too. Just thought I'd let you know my name..." Jungkook smiled at her.

"Yana." She introduced herself. Yana nodded her head then turned to cross the street.

"Bye weirdo..." Jungkook said quietly, watching as she successfully crossed the street to the other end. They waved at each other then Yana walked away with a sigh.

 

"Sir." A voice called out to him.

"For the last time, Jong Suk. It's just Jungkook." The younger man pouted as he turned to his driver. "Calling me sir makes me sound old."

Jong Suk smiled. "Are you ready to go?"

Jungkook turned to look at Yana's disappearing figure and heaved a sigh. "Let's go."

-

Eheeeeheeeh. Let's see how this goes .... :D