CH 7

Wonder If You Feel The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy patiently waited at the school gate just as Irene instructed her. It's going dark and the girl was still nowhere to be seen.

Maybe she's not coming.

She looked at her watch. 

6:10 pm. *Sighs* I knew it. 

10 minutes passed and Wendy decided to walk to the bus stop.

"Buddy Son wait!", she turned and saw Irene running to her, drenched in sweat sporting a dirty shirt. The bruises and abbrations from her knuckles from her arms didn't go unnoticed. Wendy can't help but to feel concern for her all over again.

"Buddy Bae, what happened to you?", She asked immediately searching Irene all over for bruises.

"Just minor accidents from the extra exercise I did, sorry for taking too long", Irene said, quite ashamed that she made Wendy wait.

Extra exercise? But how come there's so many bruises?

"It's okay, do you mind if I treat your wounds? I know it's not my place but you look well, beat up",

"It's really okay Buddy, I can take care of myself besides---", Irene protested putting a poker face to hide the pain.

"Please? I even saw you limping slightly while running, it could be worse", 

Did someone hurt her? Did the seniors punished her?

It worried Wendy more because of the thought of how the seniors will punish Irene tomorrow and seeing her at this state can contribute to the possibility that she might not make it till the end.

"O-okay, thanks buddy", 

"It's alright, now where's your (hoe-infested) motorcycle? I'll be your driver for now",

Irene looked amusedly her.

"You can drive?",

"Of course I can! My parents just don't allow me to have a motorcycle yet, where's your key?"

"Here", Irene handed her the key, still not believing Wendy can drive.

They reached the parking lot with Irene sitted at the back and Wendy started the engine.

She drived carefully avoiding road lumps to make sure Irene don't wince in pain.

She felt big droplets of rain from her hands and noticed the continuous drops from the sky.

Oh boy, this is not a good sign.

They reached Wendy's house drenched with Wendy supporting Irene from the back.

"Finally you're home and wet!, and who is this pretty lady beside you? Omo?! What happened to her?!", Her mother who welcomed her turned worried upon seeing Irene's bruises and wounds.

"G-good evening Ma'am, I'm Irene Bae! uhm this is just from the extra training I did for tomorrow, I'm sorry for intruding you're home", Irene said while doing a 90° bow.

"Aigoo, don't apologize darling, any friends of Wendy is welcome in our home and feel free to come here anytime", Wendy's mother warmly smiled at her.

"You two must be hungry, go upstairs and clean yourselves will you?, why don't you Irene sleep over for a night? Wendy kindly lend her some spare clothes hmmm? See you here after 20 minutes, I'll just prepare the food", 

Wendy was stunned upon the situation. Irene ing Bae is about to have a sleep over with her in her room. Just the two of them. 

God please help me.

She glanced over Irene whose eyes were glued to the floor, maybe still processing what her mother had said. 

"Well don't just stand there! You two will get sick if you don't move now! Go!", Her mother scolded.

"O-okay Mom", she looked at Irene and gestured for her to follow upstairs.

She was quiet shy and embarrassed at the same time because of the way her room looked. There lies her queen sized bed with a number of stuff toy on heading of the bed with messy lights surrounding its sides, her The 1975 posters occupying the walls of her room, her dusty guitar resting from the sides, her sticker infested closet and messy study table. 

"Your room feels comfy, didn't know you're a hardcore fan of a band", Irene spoke, taking in her embarrassing room.

"Y-you think so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter