CHAPTER ONE

BABY BLUE ➣ JINMIN

The loud sound of an alarm blasts out from the phone on the bedside table, jolting Jimin awake.

He'd laid there momentarily, letting the alarm blare before groggily reaching over and turning the device off and then letting his head lazily drop back into his pillow. With squinted eyes, he sighed and got up, wandering over to his window, pulling up the blind letting his eyes adjust to the bright sun.

Waking up began to feel like a chore. All he wanted to do is crawl into his bed and stay there. It comforted him in ways no one could.

"Another day of bull," He muttered to himself before checking the time on his phone.

The time read two pm, and honestly, he didn't want to wake up this late. To be fair, he hadn't planned on waking up at all, but life had granted another day, so he kicked back into the swing of things.

He shuffled his way into his bathroom, kicking the door behind him closed as he stood in front of the mirror. The face looking back at him was almost unrecognizable. His smile was replaced with what seemed to be a permanent pout, and his once bright eyes were dead and cold with heavy bags underneath. He looked tired despite getting what should be enough rest to others. It never felt like enough for him.

He fixed up his hair and put on some makeup. He did anything that would make him appear fine. He rolled up his sleeves to reveal the bright red scars that had been cut into his skin the night before. He grabbed bandages, wrapping his wrist carefully. Usually, he wouldn't care, but the feeling of the fabric rubbing against his skin was uncomfortable and something he didn't feel like dealing with today.

He stared at himself in the mirror once more and let out a sigh before leaving the bathroom. He would never be satisfied with his appearance and didn't feel like picking apart all his insecurities. Grabbing his belongings, he walked out of his home and to the nearest cafe, not like he had anything better to do anyway.

Jimin had arrived inside and groaned internally. It was a busy day with people coming in out of the small cafe, tables were filled with people who were all smiling and talking happily everyone had someone, while he was alone. He envies them.

He managed to find an empty table towards the back threw his bag into the empty chair beside him, hoping people would think he was saving a seat for someone. He pulled out his phone and swiped back and forth between apps as if he'd actually have something to do or someone to talk to.

"Excuse me," A sweet voice had called out. Jimin whipped his head to see a man standing beside him.

The man was tall and lean with broad shoulders. His onyx locks looked as soft as silk. His eyes were round and kind, it made him appear innocent, and his lips were thick and light pink, just like his cheeks. He had a youthful glow and overall sweet aura to him.

The moment the man locked eyes with him, Jimin just knew he had to make the man his.

"Um, excuse me?" The man asked again, uncertain if the other had heard him, but he was sure the other had seen him.

Jimin shook himself of the deep trance the beautiful stranger put him in and mustered up a warm smile. "My apologies, I spaced out there."

The man chuckled, "It's fine! I get like that sometimes as well. Um, do you mind if I sit beside you?" He questioned, pointing over at the chair that Jimin had occupied by his bookbag.

"Oh, sure," Jimin said, muttering apologies as he lifted the bag from the seat onto the floor, letting the other sit next to him.

"Thank you," The man said with a smile before busying himself.

Jimin passed glances at the male once in a while, uncertain if he should make a move or not. The last thing he'd want to do is distract the man from his work, but this might be the last time he'd see the beauty again. He studied the man silently, looking for anything to spark up a conversation, and he finally found it as the man ped his sweater.

"Oh, we go to the same university," Jimin commented suddenly.

The man looked up at Jimin then back down at his shirt before smiling. "We do?"

"Yeah, I'm a first-year. My name is Jimin."

The man smiled, "I'm a third year. I'm Seokjin. You can call me Jin for short, but either is fine."

"Seokjin," Jimin muttered to himself, testing the name on his tongue, and as he thought, it slipped off beautifully.

"Hyung," The older corrected.

Jimin smiled bashfully and nodded, "Right, Seokjin hyung."

"So, freshman, been to any parties yet?" Seokjin asked.

Jimin shook his head and bit his lip, "Nope."

"No?" Seokjin questioned, almost surprised.

"I'm focused on studying."

The older hummed, nodding in understanding."That's important but having fun is important too. Don't stress yourself out too much," Seokjin advised, and Jimin smiled and nodded.

"I won't."

"Here, give me your phone." Seokjin grinned before snatching the device that was resting in the younger's hand.

"Huh?" Jimin eyes widened as he watched the older type something into the device.

"I'm giving you my number. My friend is hosting a party on Saturday, and I want to see you there." Seokjin answered before handing the phone back to Jimin with a wide grin.

Jimin looked down at the new contact in surprise. This is the first time he's been invited out by anyone.

"Oh, I'm not sure," He muttered.

A cute pout made its way onto the older's face, "Please? I'd really like to see you again." Seokjin confessed.

A grin twitched its way onto Jimin's face as he nodded. The older smiled and ruffled the boy's hair before gathering his things.

"I have to go, but I'll see you Friday," Seokjin said before leaving out the cafe doors leaving Jimin sitting there in awe with his heart racing.

He'd finally found something to live for.