A Ghost in Town

The Episode in Summer that Killed the Both of Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

On Monday, Natie awaits for Bella to arrive in the hallway. And it was odd not seeing Rafa on campus. She wasn't in the cafeteria either where she steals students’ morning snacks. She’s been doing that since she became a junior. 

 

“She hasn't been around since you were confined. Tera and Cassie seemed quiet for the past few days. I guess, they can’t function without their cringe bossy woozy.” Natie scoffs while Bella listens to her with all ears as she unpacks her lunchbox.

 

“She’s been absent for a week? How about her requirements?” Bella asks nonchalantly. 

 

Natie leans in a little, eyes widen. “Why are you even concerned about that douchebag? She has almost killed you for like who knows how many times already.”

 

Bella shrugs, “I don’t know. I’m just worried about her brother. Does he take the bus alone?”

 

“No, I don’t think so. I’ve seen his dad with him every day. He’s so ing hot as hell, like, he’s like a russian bad boy. They must have thrown Rafa away or perhaps abandoned her for being a rebel and a disappointment to their family, which is great news for me. You know she beats that poor boy as much as she does to you, right?”

 

Bella had a blank facade. It’s just one look that delivers ‘I 100% disagree with you and you must take that back’.

 

“It’s not a nice thing to say about her behind her back. We don’t know anything, Natie.”

 

Her nerd best friend groans in exasperation with a full mouth. “Don’t tell me you’re defending that evil spawn?! I swear to God, Bella. There’s nothing nice about that Rafaela.” 

 

“You ain’t sure about that.” Bella shrugs off and leans in to feed Natie a slice of dragonfruit from her lunchbox. “She got an A+ in Biology!”

 

Natie rolls her eyes. Of course, she remembers that. It was like the angels had a night parade, taking their turns stepping on her pride. “I still assume she cheated on that test.”

 

“She did not! And she plays on the track team.”

 

“Well, yeah? ‘Cause she did not have a choice. They were suspending her for physical abuse? And getting on track was the only way for that not to happen.” The thought of it causes muscle spasm on Natie’s face. She raises her brows to Bella, as if asking if there’s still more to spit out.

 

Bella presses her lips. “I think she’s pretty.” She says nervously and a series of nods follows after.


 

Natie’s glasses fall off her nose bridge with Bella’s offhand quip. The look she’s giving to Bella was pernicious and castigated. It was not surprising for her to say that because her friend is just basically modest and humble. And Bella does not have the same mouth as hers to say something like whatever Natie has in her sagacious and massive mind.

 

The latter nods along, pushing her glasses back with her middle finger. “Yeah.. pretty. Pretty hard and contumacious. You’re being a delulu again, Bella. You do not say that and you do not compliment your bully when in fact, she was the reason we almost held a funeral for you, yeah?”

 

“Come on, Nate. Can’t you sugarcoat your words even just a little?” Bella shuts her eyes in surrender, leaning back from her seat. Natie’s just too mean and Bella always thinks that Naties should be thankful for being patient with her. Bella never wins an argument regarding this. Well, simply becauseNatie is the best debater she knows to ever exist.


 

“She’s a terrible p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter