Chapter 1

Luqi One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lucas, my decision is final. You are to marry the princess of the Neverland Kingdom. No excuses." The king stated firmly and sternly.

"But Father-"

"Lucas, listen to your father. We have given you a lot of freedom to date whoever you wish, but now you must settle down and do your duty. This is for the future of our kingdom and our people." The queen advised, though she looked slightly sympathetic towards her son. 

Lucas stormed off without another word, furious. He had the right to choose who he wanted to marry, and it was certainly not some random girl he had never met before. 

"Lucas, you shouldn't have done that. Even if you are angry, you should never disrespect the king." Mark, Lucas's best friend and loyal bodyguard, informed him.

"I want to marry for love, not politics. Who are they to decide on my marriage for me?" Lucas demanded.

"They are your parents, and the king and queen of this country. Give this girl a chance, she may turn out to be very sweet." Mark replied, trying to calm Lucas down.

"Just that- never mind. They won't change their minds anyway." Lucas grumbled as he stormed off towards the stables.

"Where are you going?" Mark called after him.

"If I'm going to marry this stupid princess, I should at least see her face first right?"

Mark scrambled after Lucas, helping the young prince to mount his horse. Even if he disapproved of Lucas's actions, he still wanted to help him. After all, Lucas was his best friend.

"I'll come with you, you shouldn't go alone." Mark said, mounting one of the other horses.

Lucas gave Mark a grateful smile, he enjoyed Mark's company. Together, the two of them set off towards the kingdom of Neverland.

After a few hours, the two of them approached a large wall made out of stone. The gate to the world's most hidden kingdom. The kingdom of Neverland was a quiet one that never made itself known. One of the last surviving kingdoms in the "Cube", a circle of kingdoms that had formed an alliance, Neverland was a safe haven for many war survivors and "lost citizens". Lost citizens were people whose kingdoms had been destroyed or wiped out in the war, and they were usually hunted down and killed since they were deemed useless. Despite not belonging to the "Cube", Lucas's kingdom were good friends with Neverland. 

"Welcome your highness." The guards at the gate greeted Lucas.

Lucas nodded wearily, already regretting his decision to leave. He was tired and hungry, and it was getting late. He would probably only reach his kingdom the following day. 

Lucas and Mark entered the kingdom, but were rerouted by the guards straight to the palace. It was too dangerous for them to go through the city while unprotected. Once they arrived at the palace, some of the staff helped Lucas and Mark with their horses and items before bringing them into the throne room. The king and queen had already heard of their arrival and were waiting to greet them. Much unlike Lucas's own parents, the king and queen of Neverland were jolly and casual folk who greeted him like an old friend. Lucas hated to admit it, but he was impressed with their hospitality and openness towards him.

"Is the princess around? I wanted to greet her. She is my future bride after all." Lucas ventured.

"Oh yes, she is in the garden I think. We should leave you two to get acquainted." The king said, showing Lucas to the garden.

Lucas and Mark strolled along the splendid garden, full of beautiful flowers and adorable creatures. Neverland wasn't deemed the kingdom of paradise for nothing.

"Lucas, look over there." Mark whispered, pointing to two figures huddled over an animal.

Lucas and Mark slowly approached them, finally realising that it was two young women crouching over a baby giraffe. Lucas watched as a beautiful girl with light pink hair dressed in ordinary clothing pressed her hand over a wound in the giraffe's flank, healing it almost instantly. This must be the princess's lady in waiting.

"You're amazing." Lucas blurted, blushing when he realised he said that out loud.

The two women jumped, startled. They hadn't noticed Lucas and Mark.

"Who are you?" The other girl, a pretty young woman with dark brown hair and a delicately beautiful face asked.

Lucas noticed that there was no aggression or anger in her tone, only curiosity. Did they really not care about two strangers trespassing in their garden?

"How could you not know? He is Lucas Wong, the crown prince of the kingdom of NCT." The pink haired girl chided, lightly slapping her friend.

Lucas stifled a laugh, was a lady in waiting supposed to slap the princess? If Mark or any of his staff ever tried that with Lucas, his parents would have them thrown in jail. The pink haired girl interested him, and not just visually. Her entire aura radiated friendliness and fun, and she seemed to really enjoy her life. Lucas wished that he was half as carefree as she was.

"Oh, you are my future husband. It is nice to finally meet you in person." The other woman laughed with a sheepish grin, shaking Lucas's hand.

Whilst Lucas's attention was on the pink haired girl, Mark's was on the princess. Although he knew he had no hope of ever being with her, he was still allowed to appreciate her beauty. Her face was beautiful and delicate, like a ballet dancer. Her posture was that of a lady used to being seen, as she stood with ramrod straight posture while still oozing elegance and poise.

"What happened to the baby giraffe?" Lucas suddenly asked,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter