Four

The Last Waltz

The following days, the other girls noticed the rising tension between Sana and I. She would just say or do something for me randomly and I'd inevitably blush but try to convince others that it was entirely out of anger. But of course, the unnies would never buy that.

We went to a theme park one day. Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Nayeon locked Sana and I in a ferris wheel.

"Hey! I'll kill you guys when I get down!" I angrily exclaimed as the ride rise from the ground.

"Hey, why did they do that? They're crazy!" Sana couldn't stop laughing.

"Just shut up." I scolded, so done with her annoying smile.

"Unnie!!" Chaeyoung and Dahyun screamed out, greeting Sana happily from the ground.

"Satzu! Smile!!!" Jeongyeon took her big camera and snapped so many photos.

"Oh, they're over there!!! Hi!!! I love you guys!!" Sana started to hop up and down as she greet them back excitedly, causing the box to move too much.

"Hey!! Stop moving!" I scolded.

Jihyo couldn't stop laughing.

"She's crazy!"

Sana then did as I said and sat down, looking at me worriedly. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I said but I surely doesn't look like it.

"Are you scared, Tzu?" Sana began to tease me again as she watch my scared expression.

"No."

"It's okay, Tzuyu chan. I'm here." Sana suddenly took my hand.

No matter how many times I try to deny it, her touch would always calm my heart down. I always get this rare kind of peace everytime our skins touch. My brain tells me to move away but my body just melts and leans toward her. It's so crazy in my head that I just want to disappear right there.

 

I just gave in and decided to enjoy the rest of the day.

"Oh? Yoda stuffed toy! Look, he looks just like you." Sana exclaimed, looking at the big Yoda stuffed toy, seated at the center of the shooting booth.

"I already have one of those." I coldly said.

"Tzu chan, I want one too. Can you please get me one?" Sana cutely pouted and looked at me like a lost puppy which she knew would always work but this time, I decided to push her away.

"Why would I? Get it yourself!"

She didn't have a choice but to use reverse psychology on me. This crazy .

"Are you that afraid you can't get one?"

I scoffed. "Are you challenging me?"

"Yeah."

"Fine. I'll definitely get one of those." I gave in, accepting the challenge. "Move aside."

I grabbed the toy gun and aimed on the plastic toy bears that are lined up on the shelf. I was given 10 bullets. I only need to shot down 8 to get the prize but I only ended up taking down 2. Sana looked at me with disappointment. "Are you really an archery champion? Didn't you win medals for it?"

"Shut up!" I yelled. My cheeks were red from embarassment.

"Fine. I'll do it myself. Scoot over." Like the cool assassin in an action movie, she stood on the marked area and grabbed the gun from me. She aimed on the target and miraculously ended up taking down 9. The others gathered, witnessing the winning moment. They whooped the moment she took down the last one.

"Okay, but that was hot." Jihyo commented, complimenting her friend.

"How the hell did you know how to shoot that good?" Momo exclaimed in astonishment.

"I used to fire real guns back in Tokyo, scaring and mugging people." Sana proudly stated with a smiley face. But we all gave her a questioning stare. She laughed mockingly from the look on our faces. "I'm kidding!"

"Here's your prize." The attendant handed her the Yoda stuffed toy she badly wanted. "Congratulations!"

"Thank you. Woah! Yoda chan. I love you." She exclaimed as she hug the fluffy toy. I was just watching her with a flushed look on my face. Meanwhile, the girls were looking at me with teasing smiles.

"What?!" I regarded them sharply and walked to the direction of the bowling alley. The giggling girls followed close behind.

The crazy unnies decided to hold a competition, which was very chaotic in every way.

Dahyun stopped on her tracks when she spotted a familiar face from few steps away.

"Hey, is that Jennie?"

We turned our heads to the direction of where she's looking.

"Well, this has gotten a lot better." Jihyo commented with a mischevous grin while Jeongyeon looked incredibly tensed.

"Kim Jennie!" Nayeon shouted, getting the girl's attention who immediately walked up to us with her usual gummy smile.

"Hey, guys!"

"What are you doing here?" Momo asked.

"I was with my friends but I lost them. I already sent them a message where I am." She answered.

"It's okay. Why don't you just join us?" Nayeon invited.

"Uh no, I'm fine." She shyly declined.

"Come on, it's not like you're a stranger to us." Dahyun said, holding her hand. Jihyo wrapped her arms around hers and lead her to the bowling station.

"Hey, this is Sana by the way." Momo introduced.

"Hi." Jennie greeted politely.

"Hello. Woah! You're so pretty. Are you single?" There she does again with her silly antics.

"Yeah. Definitely. And thank you for the compliment. You're so pretty too."

Sana smiled from ear-to-ear.

"Thank you."

"You don't exactly look Korean." Jennie commented.

"Oh, yeah. I'm Japanese. I went to high school with these girls." Sana informed, pointing at Mina and I.

"Wait, you're that girl in Tzuyu's stories!" Jennie paused, looking at her with bewilderment.

"No! Not her." I quickly denied. But Jennie and the other girls just chuckled.

"Okay."

"Let's just enjoy this, shall we?" Jihyo stated and the others agreed.

"Hey, Jeong." Jennie greeted. "Thanks for your help the other day by the way."

Jeongyeon nervously laughed. "No problem. Glad to help!" Her eyes landed on Nayeon who doesn't look exactly amused.

"Hey, how are you?" Nayeon stood close to Jennie and greeted her.

"I'm good. You?"

"Same."

"Alright then." Nayeon sighed. "Why don't we just pretend it's the old days when we used to go here and play all day and I beat you with all these games?"

"Excuse me? You never won." Jennie mocked.

"Oh, so you wanna test me?"

"If that's what you like."

The two stood next to the ball station, looking like competitors in a bowling tournament, having a face-off.

"Okay, this is bad. I can't." Jeongyeon started to panic. She just gained Nayeon's forgiveness by having talent show in the living room in front of us. Nayeon made her dance to Bo Peep song and do some incredibly embarrassing aegyo which I personally enjoyed because it's once in a blue moon to see Jeongyeon that cute and pouty. But now, it seems to me that she's about to do it all over again.

Sana looked at her questioningly. "What's going on?"

"She's that girl Nayeon's always getting jealous of." Mina informed.

"Holy . Yeah, this is bad, Yoo Jeongyeon. Prepare for impact later." The others laughed when Jeongyeon looked at Sana angrily.

Nayeon's competitive side jumped out, pretending it's a real tournament. All she wants is to win against Jennie. Not because she hates her but obviously, to win Jeongyeon's heart. As her friends, we already understood the unspoken words. It's all over her game face anyway.

"My money's on Nayeon unnie. She'll win this." Sana started the betting.

Momo scoffed. "You can't be so sure. Jennie's really good."

Sana took out a bill from her jacket. "10 bucks?"

"Call." Momo challenged.

"Here. I'll go for Nayeon." Jihyo announced, handing her money to Sana. "This one's incredibly ambitious and dauntless, just like myself."

"10 bucks for Jennie." Chaeyoung joined in. "She can be really relentless sometimes." Mina gave her a look of disbelief for joining this madness.

"Awesome! This is so on." Sana excitedly exclaimed as if a bet collector in an underground boxing match. I just sighed, giving her a done look. She's not really gonna shut up until someone gets hurt, is she?

"Will you guys shut it?" Jeongyeon complained. "You're not helping. What do I do?"

Mina and met gazes, conversing in silence. We knew she's being serious.

"You don't have to do anything. Just wait who would win and that's who you choose." Mina teased, making me laugh from Jeongyeon's really cute, pouty reaction.

"Mina!"

"Okay, I'm kidding. Geez! What are you so cute for?" Mina chuckled. She put an arm around Jeongyeon's shoulder.

"Listen, I'm serious though. You don't have to do anything. Just go over there and enjoy this moment with them."

"She's right." I finally joined the conversation. "Don't be a and just face your girls."

"Hey, I have a question though." Sana stated. "Is Jennie your ex girlfriend?"

"No."

"Is Nayeon your girlfriend?"

"No."

"Then, what the hell are you so nervous for?" Sana scolded.

"N-nothing. I guess." She stuttered, finally realizing that she have nothing to worry about, honestly.

"That's what I'm talking about. Just go." Mina pushed. Jeongyeon nodded in understanding. We cheered for her quietly as she nervously approached Jennie and Nayeon.

"H-hey guys." she stuttered.

"Hey, wanna join?" Jennie invited.

"No, I'm not good at bowling, actually." She shyly said.

"It's okay. Come on, I'll show you." Jennie grabbed her hand made her stand in position.

"Uh I don't really..." Jeongyeon tried to refuse but the girl insisted. Nayeon was just quietly watching in her spot.

"It's okay. Come here." Jennie insisted, showing her how it's done. "All you have to do is hold it this way, relax your shoulders and release."

"Like this?" Jeongyeon held the ball in starting position.

"Yeah."

She began to release. Everyone's watching as the ball travel from the foul line down to the lane and finally, knocking down most of the pins. All of us whooped in celebration.

"See? You did great!" Jennie complimented.

"Impressive." Nayeon stated, looking so proud. "Aren't you a good teacher?" she turned to Jennie.

"Thanks?"

The girls high-fived with satiscaftion on their faces. While the others complimaneted Jeongyeon.

A few minutes later, Jennie's friends went back and she decided to leave with them.

While we decided to get dinner and had some drinks. We can't help talking about the turn of events earlier with Jennie.

"So, nobody won that bet, huh?" I stated, looking at their loser faces. Everyone agreed to add the money Sana collected for the dinner bill.

"You guys are crazy!" Nayeon scolded. "Why would you bet on us? Jennie and I are friends, okay?"

"I put my money on you though." Jihyo bragged.

"Really? That's flattering. My ambitious sister, betting on me."

"Of course, I believe in you." Jihyo stated, making the unnie blush from the unexpected compliment. "Thank you."

Jeongyeon cleared from nervousness, catching Nayeon's attention.

"How about you, Jeongyeon? Who did you put your money on?" she asked in a dangerous, deadly-wife like tone. The others paused from their own conversations and looked at Jeongyeon expectantly.

"I-I didn't...join." she stuttered. She really has this scared husband vibe that made everyone laugh their off. These two have always been playing the parents role in our house. It's fascinating how they have this love-hate relationship but whenever one needs the other, they never hesitate to stay.

I looked at Sana's direction, only to catch her staring at me. I don't exactly know what's in her head but I have an idea what could it be. We used to have the same kind of relationship. She was the Nayeon to my Jeongyeon. The Mina to my Chaeyoung. And it was perfect. We were perfect together.

 

Nayeon has been ignoring Jeongyeon the whole dinner, just sharing a conversation with Dahyun.

Jihyo and Momo have been yelling on each other's faces about who really owns the panda stuffed toy they got from the claw machine earlier. Mina was the one who's trying to shut them up. Chaeyoung and Sana in sometimes, provoking them even more and making things messier in their table. While I was just at the corner, sighing and already planning my escape route.

--

I barely heard the door creek open. I thought it was just part of my half asleep dream. Until I felt my blanket being pulled and somebody slipped in my bed.

"Hmm, Tzuyu." I heard Sana's sleepy voice right on my ear. I was about to tell her to off when I felt her body pressed against mine.

My back against her s. My against her crouch.

"Get the hell out of my bed!" I whispered yelled, trying not to wake up Dahyun who's on the top bunk. I tried to pull away but Sana instictivly put me in place.

"Just one more minute. I need just one more minute. Please?" She begged. I could feel her breath, touching the back of my neck. I don't know what got into her this time but I felt like she just badly and desperately needed someone to hold on to even for a minute.

But it didn't go as planned because she ended up spending the whole night in my bed instead. When we woke up in the morning, you can just imagine her amused and happy face. Luckily, Dahyun was still asleep in her bed. Maybe she got too tired of the activities yesterday.

 

--

"Hey, Chou Tzuyu! Are you crazy?!" My archery coach yelled on my face when I went to the practice late again. "You slack off and you're very distracted during practice. I've been warning you about this! How many times do I have to do it? Better tell me, so I can just record everything I say and just play it everytime you're late!"

"I'm really sorry coach. It won't happen again."

"It better not. If you keep this up, I won't let you join the qualifiers. I swear to God."

"Yes, coach!"

After all the distractions brought by Sana, plus, the research papers and other academic difficulties, this is the result. I couldn't focus during archery practice and now, I have to double my effort and practice on my own.

I went to my usual practice spot at the backyard of our house. Jeongyeon let me use the old woodstock and turned it into a small archery practice spot. The girls helped me build it.

I started to practice but missed a lot of points.

"Hey." I suddenly heard a voice, taking me by surprise that I pointed the bow on her. Rather than getting scared, Sana just laughed from my stupid surprised face. This . She should be thankful I didn't release the arrow by accident.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, taking the weapon down.

"Jeongyeon told me that you're here." She answered. "I just wanted to check if you're okay."

Mina and Momo saw what happened at the archery practice yesterday. I had no choice but to tell the others about it so they won't worry.

"Remember what we did before to help you practice?" Sana asked. Just now I realized, she's sctually been holding a paper bag of apples. She used to volunteer herself to stand as a post with an apple at the top of her head as she hold another two on both her hands for me to aim. I must admit, it helped me a lot to be this good in archery.

"Wha~, no. We're not doing it now!" I declined.

"Come on. It's effective and it really did help your aim and shooting." She tried to convince me. I stopped on my tracks, just staring down her eyes, searching for the truth.

"Do you really trust me right now?"

"I do. I never stopped trusting you, Tzuyu." she answered in a serious tone. As I look deeper down her eyes, I see that she's not lying nor playing at all. "So! Let's do this!"

I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Fine. If you insists." I said, finally giving in to her stupid convincing stares.

"Try me." she walked in front of the target. I walked up to her and carefully placed an apple on top of her head. As I do so, our gazes never disconnected, still trying to contemplate on what's gonna happen. I placed the other two on her hands. I walked back to the foul line and got ready by placing an arrow on my bow.

"Are you ready?"

"I'm born ready." she smiled. I lifted the bow and aimed on the apple on the top of her head.

"Woah! Woah! What the hell is going on here?!" I heard Nayeon's annoying high pitched voice from the back door. The others followed close behind. I put down my bow and looked at their worried and shocked faces.

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" Jihyo yelled.

"What? She's practicing." Sana responded.

"Practicing what? Killing you?" Nayeon scolded.

"Don't you realize how dangerous that is?!" Jeongyeon scolded too.

"Come on, you guys. I trust Tzuyu with my life. I have no doubts. So, please just relax." Sana convinced the unnies.

"Are you insane?!" Chaeyoung accused. Mina chuckled from her adorable angry face.

"Guys, guys come on. They did this before. Let's just enjoy the show." Mina told them.

"Yeah, I agree. This is gonna be fun." Momo added.

"Okay, these foreign line is absolutely, terrifyingly out of their minds." Dahyun commented, looking at us as if we're the most insane people she's ever seen.

Momo walked up to Sana and placed the apples again.

"Relax. She can do this. Right, Tzuyu?" she inquired.

"Of course." I addressed.

"Okay, may I remind you, Tzuyu has some vendetta against Sana. And if this..." Nayeon tried to oppose but Mina held her tight.

"Shh, it's happening."

The Korean girls couldn't do anything but watch while my Japanese friends enjoy the show with excitement on their faces. I did the starting position again, aiming for the apple on her head. Sana wasn't moving an inch. The Korean girls look like they're reciting their prayers in five different languages. Nayeon was hiding her face in the crook of Jeongyeon's neck. Mina was holding on Chaeyoung's hand tightly. Dahyun and Jihyo were hiding behind Momo.

I inhaled, filling my lungs and exhaled, carefully thinking about my next move. And then I released the first arrow, quickly grabbing the second one and aiming for the apple on her right hand and finally, grabbing the third arrow and aiming on the last apple on her other hand. Miraculously, hitting all the apples and leaving Sana fine, still with her head and arms attached. The girls couldn't believe it, they celebrated as if I just won an Olympic medal. Nayeon and Jihyo cried from so much fear and anxiety.

"You, freaking idiots!" Jihyo scolded as tears fall down her big eyes.

Nayeon hit my arm out of annoyance. "You scared me!"

I chuckled and just enclosed her in a hug. I grabbed Jihyo unnie too and embraced her.

"Are you okay, unnie? Are you hurt somewhere?" Dahyun asked Sana worriedly who just laughed uncontrollably. "I'm perfectly fine. I told you, she can do it."

"You guys are absolutely insane." Chaeyoung commented.

"We told you, they often do this before." Mina stated. She turned to Sana and smiled. "It's just like the old times, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Momo and Sana agreed in unison.

"It's fun." I added.

The Korean girls were still looking at us with disbelief. They decided to go back inside and cook some food to make up for their wasted energy out of worrying too much.

"Did you, for a second, think of aiming on my brain instead?" Sana approached me and asked. I met her gaze for a good second, thinking if I should tell her the truth.

"No. I can never do that." I decided to answer truthfully. A satisfied smile immediately formed on her face.

--

Since it's Friday, the girls decided to grab some alcohol and celebrate the weekend.

The crazy unnies came up with a drinking game which lead to chaos and a lot of drama which I could never stand on normal days but since I'm a little drunk, I let it slide for now.

I don't know how it happened but Nayeon ended up having a tutorial on how to properly initiate a kiss.

"You grab a handful of the hair, just a little inch from the nape." She stated, demostrating it with Jeongyeon who looked so stiff and obviously forced. "Slowly pull while you lean in, looking directly to his lips. But don't kiss him just yet. Take a pause and try to feel if he really wants it. You're gonna see it in his eyes. He's hungry. That's when you finally close the gap and taste his damp, soft lips." She moved closer, just looking at Jeongyeon's shut eyes. "Take him for a ride. A sensation he will never forget all his life." Nayeon swallowed hard, just staring at Jeonyeon's lips as if she badly wanted to kiss her but she pulled away, snapping back to reality. "That's it, kids! So, do you have questions?"

Jeongyeon finally opened her eyes and calmed herself down after such a heels-over-her-head kind of situation.

"Ah, so that's how it goes." Chaeyeoung nodded as if she just took some notes in her head.

"Wait, you never had your first kiss?" Sana asked.

"No." she shyly replied.

"It's okay. You're still a baby. You can't kiss yet." Jeongyeon stated as if a protective father.

"If you're gonna have your first kiss, it must be with someone so special to you." Momo advised, looking directly at Mina as if sending signals.

But Sana laughed as if she just heard a really funny joke. Her cheeks turned redder than it already was even if she's not really drinking alcohol. "Bizarre that it's coming from you. Didn't you have your first kiss with Mina over a peppero game?"

"What?" Jihyo exclaimed.

"You guys shared your first kiss?" Nayeon questioned, looking at the girls on spotlight.

"Oh, wow. Thanks for telling me." Chaeyoung sarcastically told Mina who's just blushing hard in her seat.

"Hey, it's not what you think!" Mina tried to defend herself.

"Hey! Why do you sound like it's not your fault?" I scolded Sana. "You're the one who pushed their heads together and ran on my back, apologizing."

"Is it true?!" Jeongyeon asked.

"Of course. It's Sana's fault. We didn't know she's gonna do that." Mina confirmed while Sana was just giggling, perhaps remembering the looks on their faces when it happened.

"You, monster. Get out of here!" Momo playfully pushed her.

"How many times do I have to apologize for that? You already gave me a punishment. You made me pay for our karaoke night." Sana reminded. But her face lit up, remembering something else. "Hey, do you guys know how much they wanted revenge, they attempted to make Tzuyu and I kiss?"

I almost choked on my beer when I heard the sudden revelation.

"Really?" Dahyun exclaimed.

"Stop acting like you didn't want it! You loved it so bad!" I scolded, telling the truth.

"Of course. I just need to leave a little dignity for myself." She giggled, making her blush harder.

"Are you sure you really have it?" I accused.

"Yeah. And that little self dignity is the only thing that's stopping me from French kissing you right now to show them how it really goes." Sana stated without a paused, surprising everyone with her boldness. She's the only sobber in this circle, yet she's acting so drunk.

"Woahh!!" the girls cheered while I just sip up the rest of my beer.

"Some anaconda right here!" Nayeon commented, all smiley and proud.

"Has anyone else had their first kiss by the way?" Jihyo asked.

"Me!" Sana excitedly exclaimed, raising her lemonade. She stopped and looked at me questioningly. "Tzuyu, what are you doing? Raise your beer!" she grabbed my hand and raised it.

"I'm not playing this game with you." I said, pushing her hand away.

"Did you guys have your first kiss together too?" Nayeon accused, placing a hand over in disbelief. The others looked at us the same except Mina and Momo who knows the whole story.

"Do you want me to answer that?" Sana asked with her annoying stare.

"No. That's barely a real kiss. End of story." I stated, taking a sip of my newly opened can of beer.

"Okay, remember what Nayeon unnie just demonstrated earlier? It's exactly..." Sana tried to add gasoline to the fire.

"Nothing like that." I in, stopping the madness of her words. She did stop the moment I gave her the look. Whenever I just stare down her eyes, dead serious, she always get the message. She knew I wasn't in the mood to kid around anymore. And she'd stop.

"Alright. Alright. Enough with the kisses. How about first love?" Jihyo asked. "Take a shot if you already had your first love."

All of the girls took a shot except Jihyo. I hesitated at first but decided to do it too. How can I deny it anyway? Especially if that person is seated right next to me. I could see from corner of my eye, she's staring at me again.

 

They say, first love is like the first book you have ever read. The excitement is there. The butterflies in your stomach and the fun of discovering a lot of things about this person and also about yourself and the things you can do. You have this whole world in your head. All the beautiful things you want to do with this person. You have it all wrapped up in a nice, pretty gift wrap with a ribbon on top. Everything's just mesmerizing and perfect. And you have nothing more to wish for.

 

Flashback

 

Every Saturday morning, Sana goes to my house in her bike to bring flowers to my mom and I. She picks it out in her mom's garden. She also goes there with another propose, to fetch me to ride our bikes to the river bank where we will meet Momo and Mina. We would always swim at the river and try to catch some fish. Sana's always the one who would succeed and we would go to their little hide out at the big old tree house. Mina would cook the fish while the others grill some meat, corn and potatoes.

The three of us love to bond by horse back riding, tennis, archery and swimming but Sana is a little more adventurous. She would always push us to do more fun and risky things like playing baseball in the middle of an empty road at 2am and dancing to Sailor Moon theme song in the middle of the quad.

One look and we'd all crack up, laughing on a serious situation like when we were attending a funeral of one of our old teachers.

She did teach us a lot of things in the past such as catching mosquitos with our bear hands and doing the cute-y combo against men just to get what we want. Anyway, aside from that, she taught us how to give importance to our fiendship. She's like the glue who keeps us all together.

And I don't really know how my attraction towrads her started, I just caught myself one day, missing her even if we just parted ways a few minutes ago. I can't wait for the next day just to go to school and see her cute, angelic face. Whenever we talk over the phone before going to bed, it completes my day. But even so, I still stay up late at night, just staring at the starry ceiling, thinking about her. Every part of my body aches whenever she's sick and worn out. I'd take a bike and drive to her house even if her dad scares the hell out of me, just to check on her and bring food and medicine.

The moon and stars are my witnesses, I gave my everything just to make her feel my love. I have no regrets. I know I did my best.

Whenever I catch myself, reminiscing about the past, I laugh and cry at the same time. I must admit, it's the best years of my life.

 

End of Flashback

 

"Oh? Son Chaeyoung! Really? I wonder who is it!" Jihyo teased, making her blush harder, knowing very well it's Mina she have in mind.

"Why is it just me you're asking? Everyone took a shot!" Chaeyoung complained. "Well, except you."

"That's out of the question right now. Just answer this then, when did you have your first love?" Jihyo questioned. Everyone looked at her expectantly. She looked down her fingers as if inspecting her nails.

"Just this year." She admitted.

"How does it feel like? Seeing that person everyday." Jeongyeon asked this time, as if trying to confirm something. Perhaps, confirming if she have the same feelings towards Nayeon.

"It feels stupid." She answered without hesitation.

"Eh?" The others looked at her with confusion. Mina looked away with disappoinment on her face.

"I don't know. I feel like I lose control of myself whenever she's around."

Everyone gasped the moment she confirmed it's a she. Mina looked back at her as she continues.

"I just sit there and watch her do something she loves and I feel contended. All the while I realized, it's stupid. Smiling on my own, thinking about her is stupid. Caring for her, staying beside her is stupid and falling in love with her is stupid to begin with. I don't know how or when it happened. Maybe it's the way her eyes smiled while she was handing me the baby tiger stuffed toy she won at the claw machine after so many tries. Or maybe it's the way she made me feel like I was the one she always want to be with. When she looks at me every now and then just to check if I was doing okay and genuinely reacting on things around me. Sometimes I feel like everything about her is superficial. But then she stand next to me and I look deep into her eyes and all I see is a beautiful soul that's kind and flawless." Chaeyoung paused and took a deep breath, gathering all the strenght she could muster up. She turned to look at Mina who's beginning to have diamond tears, threatening to fall from her eyes.

"All my life, I always wondered what love feels like after everyone who's ever abandoned me in the past. And here she is, effortlessly making the butterflies in my stomach ramble like crazy and making my head spin. Every little touch and every little gummy smile she gives me, make me realize that I don't want to be with anyone else than her."

A long and endearing pause as they just shared gazes, as if trying to comprehend what to do next.

"It's a dance." Mina finally spoke, answering the question too. "First love is like freestyle dancing to a music you're hearing for the first time. You're just thoughtless. You couldn't comprehend what to do next, you just move to the rythm of the music. But it's perfectly fine to feel stupid and dumb. It's okay to stumble and fall. Because that's how it works. That's how you know it's real. When you just stand there and the madness of their stares consume you like a tornado, up everything in its path. That eternity within seconds feel like a chaos and a beautiful dream all at the same time." She took Chaeyoung's hand and intertwined their fingers. Still staring down each other's eyes. "I'd kill just to live in this moment forever."

We don't really have any idea how to properly react. I just heard Sana, sniffing quietly beside me. Nayeon and Jihyo are once again, tearing up, moved by the beautiful words given by these incredible lovers. I can't really blame them. That was actually touching though. Even my stone heart skipped a beat. Jeongyeon and Dahyun looked proud of them. In the contrary, Momo looked a bit sad. I caught her looking at Dahyun with those sad eyes which I totally don't understand.

"Woah! That's officially the most beautiful confession I've ever heard." Sana stated in awe, placing a hand above her chest. "I feel like my heart just skipped a beat."

"Me too." Jeongyeon did the same.

Nayeon smiled, showing her adorable bunny teeth. "Now, I remember how my first boyfriend confessed to me. He was absolutely insane."

"Why? What did he do?" Dahyun asked.

"He confessed to me in front of the whole school. He stood in the middle of the quad with his friends and performed a whole dance. He was part of the dance club back then. We were having our school fair. There were literally visitors from outside school and he just stood there, telling me how he fell in love with me for the first time. I've never been that mortified in my life ever."

"That's so sweet though." Sana commented, looking at Nayeon with heart eyes.

"Big gestures? Nah, I'm not really sure." Dahyun stated.

"What? It's cute! Someone professing their love in public. That's bravery at it's peak." Sana exclaimed with her usual big smile when she imagine things.

"Weak." Jeongyeon shook her head in disappointment. "He's a weak creature."

"What do you mean?" Momo asked.

"If he planned to confess in front of people, why didn't he just announce it on KBS live? Or even on Super Bowl halftime show? But he did it on school fair?" Jeongyeon sarcastically said, all red from annoyance. Nayeon just gave her a what-the- look.

"Are you sure you're not just jealous?" Jihyo accused.

"Jealous? Me? No!" She said in a high pitched voice. Everyone laughed from the obvious jealousy on her voice.

"Hey, speaking of big gestures," Mina started to laugh uncontrollably. "all I remember was that last week of school when Sana literally went up the stage at the morning assembly."

"Holy ! That was epic!" Momo exclaimed, remembering that awful event.

"Right?! I've never been so embarrassed and proud at the same time." Mina stated, leaning her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder as she laugh harder.

"Why? What did she do?" Chaeyoung asked. Sana and Momo were hitting each other as they laugh like idiots while I was just on my seat, hiding my flushed face out of embarassment.

 

Flashback

"Excuse me!" The morning assembly was rudely interrupted by Sana's voice from up the stage. The student president who was currently delivering her final remarks to the student body was just as surprised as everyone else when Sana walked up to her, grabbing the microphone and everyone's attention.

"Minatozaki san? What are you doing?" The student president questioned, giving her a warning look. This one's her number one headache since she gained presidency. So much so that the president practically passed a school rule because of her which is, any student would be sunctioned accordingly when they're caught running and shouting at the corridors. As expected, Sana was the first one to get punished.

"Good morning, my dear schoolmates! Especially to this very special girl. Chou Tzuyu." She greeted, gesturing her hand on my direction. The students began to whisper among themselves.

"I just want to apologize for everything I've done. It's all my fault. Please, forgive me. I promise not to do it again. Okay, it sounds extremely clichè and I shouldn't be giving a promise that I can't fulfill but hear me out, I will do anything for you to forgive me. Just tell me how to make it up to you. That's all I ask. Another chance. Because of one reason, chances don't really run out when it comes to people who deserves to stay in your life." She smiled directly at me. I could truly see sincerity in her eyes. But her idiotic approach to gaining sympathy is absolutely out of this world. The events leading to this moment is just chaotic and dumb. She snuck out her house at 12am and went to a party with her other friends from school. When her parents caught her in the morning, sneaking back to her room, she told them she was with me the whole night. But they searched her things and found a pack of cigarettes. She decided to lie and said I gave it to her.

"That's all. Now, go on with your regular program Ms. President. I'm sorry for the little interruption. I love you all. And I love you more, my dear best friend. Chou Tzuyu! Momo chan, Mina chan! I love you guys too!"

The students cheered and applaud loudly. While I was frozen on my spot, just having a nightmare in the middle of the gymnasium. My classmates couldn't stop teasing and pushing me to forgive her already. They even commented how we look good together. Sana always had this trashy reputation in school for breaking all the rules. She'd always invade someone's personal space even if they're not really that close. She'd annoy people, even the teachers. She was the school . But when it come to us, her closest friends, she's just soft and caring. She's the opposite of the person she's showing everyone in school. I don't exactly know why she acts that way towards others but all I could see is desperation and hunger for attention from her parents. Her dad has always been strict, a control freak and her number one critic. Her mom has always been busy and sometimes acts like Sana doesn't exists. That's why I can't really blame Sana for being sad and angry towards life in general. It's because she doesn't receive the right amount of love she should have been having inside her own home. And that's why I've always have this urge to catch her and give her the love she needed.

End of Flashback

 

We ended up having a dance party at the basement.

The stereo was blowing up wild and fun music. At some point, Sana and Momo danced like strippers. They pulled Mina at the center and let her dance so y that Chaeyoung couldn't handle it.

I was just hiding at the corner with a beer in my hand, watching the incredible scene.

They were dancing to Gashina when the next song made them stop on their tracks. We all looked at Jeongyeon's direction who was the one tasked with the DJing. She gave us a huge smile while we look at her with disbelief.

 

Nothing by Bruno Major

 

Tracksuits and red wine, movies for two

We'll take off our phones and we'll turn off our shoes

 

Chaeyoung cleared and walked up to Mina.

"My princess Myoui chan, may I have this dance?" She asked, offering her hand to Mina who's cheeks immediately blushed.

"Of course." She responded, placing her hand on Chaeyoung's.

"Ohhh!!" The others cheered. They couldn't hide their love for this pair anymore. They're just too cute and sweet. And I believe they're really meant for each other.

Mina and Chaeyoung started to sway in the rythm of the music as if the queens of a prom night.

 

We'll play Nintendo though I always lose

Cos you watch the TV while I'm watching you

There's not many people I'd honestly say I don't mind losing to

But there's nothing like doing nothing with you

 

Momo cleared and walked up to Dahyun who I noticed was looking at Sana.

"Shall we?"

Dahyun looked at Momo's hand and smiled, taking it.

"Sure." She placed her arms on either of Momo's shoulders and began to dance slowly.

 

"Jeongyeonie." Nayeon pouted like a baby, looking at Jeongyeon with puppy eyes.

"What?!" She yelled in annoyance. Nayeon began to produce pouty baby noises that's too annoying and disgusting to be honest.

"Just take her to the dance floor, Jeong. Please!" Jihyo scolded and pushed her a little.

"Ugh. Fine." Jeongyeon groaned and pulled her arm.

"Aren't you gonna ask me?" Nayeon asked. Jeongyeon gave her a fake smile.

"Would you like to have this dance with me, Im Nayeon?"

Nayeon finally let out a cute, happy smile. "Oh, sure. Why not?"

They walked to the dancefloor and joined the others.

 

Dumb conversation, we lose track of time

Have I told you lately I'm grateful you're mine

We watch "The Notebook" for the 17th time

I'll say it's stupid, then you catch me crying

We're not making out on a boat in the rain or in a house I painted blue

But there's nothing like doing nothing with you

 

"Would it be okay if I take you dancing?" Sana stood next to me at the corner.

"No." I quickly declined, folding my arms above my chest. She just chuckled as if expecting my answer.

"It's okay." She broke away my folded arms and pulled me. "I'll take you anyway."

"What are you doing?!" I tried to complain but there's nothing I can do when she's suddenly stronger than me. I don't know how it happened. I can usually push her around with one kick or slap but now, she's incredibly forceful. She pulled me to the dancefloor and placed both my hands on her waist while she put her arms above my shoulders. It suddenly felt like the last waltz we danced to during that winter ball. I can't help just staring down her eyes and all I see was Sana in high school who I fell in love with for the first time.

 

So shut all the windows and lock all the doors

We're not looking for no one, don't need nothing more

You'll bite my lip and I'll want you more

Until we end up in a heap on the floor

 

I could hear Jihyo as she let out a little sigh. Somehow jealous that everyone seems to have found their partners but her.

The girls looked at each other, seems to be conversing silently. I took the initiative and stopped dancing to approach her.

"Jihyo unnie, can I have this dance with you?" I asked, offering my hand to her. She looked up, meeting my gaze with a surprised look. She nodded with a smile and began to dance with me.

The girls lined up and as I spin her around, she dances with Sana next. She ended up dancing with all of us.

 

You could be dancing on table tops wearing high heels

Drinking until the world spins like a wheel

But tonight your apartment has so much appeal

Who needs stars, we've got a roof

And there's nothing like doing nothing with you

No, there's nothing like doing nothing with you

 

~~