no but really, do you turn into bats?

do you guys turn into bats?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mon rushes out of the airport and quickly rides a taxi, telling the driver the destination as she basically throws her luggage in the vehicle’s trunk. She growls lowly, just a bit like a rottweiler, as she enters the back seat with just her and her phone in her coat.

2 weeks. She just had to leave her human girlfriend with her 4 supernatural friends for 14 days, 336 hours, 20,160 minutes, just a few days, yet she’s not even nearing a day and she already needs to come back.

She gives herself a mental facepalm when she recalls how most of them just jokingly dismissed her fair share of warnings, burying it with their own shares of ‘you worry about nothing Mon, Sam will be fine!’ ‘Sam will be holing herself in her room reading through her papers anyway, what even can happen to her?’. She grabs her phone from her coat’s pocket, dialing Yuki’s number.

“Mon! Why the sudden call? And why call when we can just talk to eac---” Mon’s blood boils at Yuki’s audacity to ask why she called.

“First, don’t ask why I’m calling as if you’re so oblivious about why I’m calling, and second, I’m outside, I just can’t suddenly go into focus mode and scream at you through my head in the middle of the street.” Mon says while her eyes focuses on her wristwatch, and basing on her tone of voice, Yuki concludes that she’s pissed.

Really pissed.

Yuki snorts, not even mildly affected by it. “So you know, huh?”

“I can literally not hear her heart pounding in my ears, Yuki. AND IT STOPPED HOURS AGO!” Mon shouts at the phone and she doesn’t pay any attention to the human she shares the vehicle with when the taxi driver gives her a combined look of confusion and concern.

“Okay, okay, I know you’re mad, but just to let you know,” Yuki stops talking and makes her dramatic pause, just adding up to Mon’s frustration. If Mon can just throw her phone out of the window and it would for sure hit Yuki right in the face from all the distance between them, she would. She definitely would do it. “it wasn’t me.”

“I don’t really care who it was,” Mon pinches her nose, not really in the mood to find out who’s the culprit of doing whatever it was that happened to Sam, but since she’s still hours away from them and she doesn’t want to lose herself with dark thoughts, she amuses her best friend. “but tell me.”

“It wa---”

“DON’T LISTEN TO TATTLETALE!” Mon drops her phone as she has to hold her head with both her hands after the intruding voice explodes in her mind, causing a very painful headache to her. After ensuring that her phone isn’t broken and there aren’t any echoes in her mind anymore, Mon picks up her phone and puts it right beside her ear again.

“Please tell Kenlong to quiet it down and just talk calmly on the phone.” Mon says quietly to the phone after letting her headache pass, her eyes still closed due to the wavering headache her Kenlong just caused to her.

“She’s just using her mind link cause she knows she can disrupt me because she can hear me from the next room.” Yuki laughs. “And she’s disrupting me because it----”

“I SAID DON’T LISTEN TO TATTLETALE!” Mon has had enough of the screaming voice in her head, and her worried just wants to be beside her beloved.

“STOP ING SCREAMING IN MY HEAD!” Mon returns with as much voice, her tone angrier and firmer that makes Kenlong stop laughing.

“I think she just realized that you’re not ing with her.” Yuki chuckles as she relays the news to her friend, and Mon just hangs up, completely done with Kenlong and Yuki.

She should’ve known that she couldn’t rely on Yuki and Kenlong if it comes to serious talks, so she dials another number, her forefinger snaking around her middle one as she hopes that the woman picks up.

“Hello? Mon?”

“Oh thank you you picked up, Tee.” Mon says as her shoulders sag in relief.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“W-What do you mean what’s wrong? Are you not home?”

“No, I’m currently in the market alone, getting some food for the girls since Eng seemed to have emptied her whole refrigerator.” Just after that, Mon hears the sound of something being dropped somewhere in the background.

Mon considers jumping out of the vehicle and just fly back home at this point. “So you mean, you didn’t know what happened?”

Tee makes a noise that sounds much of confusion. “Why, what happened?”

“Oh, God.” Mon can’t stop herself from facepalming this time. “Please, can you just, go home? Like after shopping? I’m on my way.”

“Okay, be safe on the way home Mon.”

“Okay, you all have fifteen minutes to tell me what the happened before I turn this place into a warzone between me and you three.” Mon glares at Yuki, Kenlong, and Eng as they all stand in the middle of their home’s foyer, just in front of the grand staircase.

“Wait, how come you’re leaving Tee ou---”

“I already talked to Tee ON THE PHONE and she doesn’t have the faintest clue that something happened to Sam,” Glares are thrown at a certain woman when Mon emphasizes the ‘on the ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter