I - Parking Lot: Café

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Friday and end of work week for Sunggyu. He decided to get a coffee and something to eat before going home. He wanted to try one of the cafés he hasn't been before which is almost 20minutes away from SNUH. His car was unavailable every Friday since he is voluntarily participating in 'No-Driving Day' program in Seoul. He really didn't mind; it's just one day per week. He opted to walk towards the said café to stretch his legs from prolonged standing in the operating room. He had just performed an emergency 5-hour surgery after cutting his clinic hours for the day because of it.

 

It was already 5:00pm when he reached the café. He observed the whole place while waiting for his turn. It's a cozy place. The café was giving a restaurant vibe with its dim light and soft ballad music in the background. The smell coffee bean soothes his nose and there were different coffee beans on the display at the front of the counter. There were only few unoccupied tables & chairs for those who want to dine-in and spend a couple of hours of their lives. He guessed, because it's the start of weekend, the place is quite full of people. There were few students who have their laptops open and seems like they're studying or working on something. There were also couples who were on a date. And, there were also some who are spending time with themselves alone with their coffee and dessert.

 

"Hi. Good Afternoon! Can I take your order please?" He heard the staff at the counter asking. He hadn't realized that it's his turn now.

 

"Hi. One Iced Americano and one strawberry shortcake for take-away please. Thank you."

 

It has always been Sunggyu’s staple order in any café. He's a er of strawberries and chocolates but it will always be the red-dotted fruit that will come first. He paid for his order and got the buzzer from the staff and went towards the unoccupied chair.

 

His eyes wandered around the cafe; admiring its ambience that suits the mood of the day when he catches a glimpse of a familiar man he has known for almost 3 years. His gaze fixed towards the person. The man is sitting in one of the couches at the far corner of the café where couples usually sit. He then saw that he was with an unfamiliar woman who he knew and certainly sure isn’t part of the man’s family or circle of friends. They were talking and giggling and he saw a blush appeared on the woman’s cheeks. He started to suspect something. He felt that something isn’t right with the situation he’s looking at. The cogs in his brain started working and making scenarios. Scenarios that he never wanted to be true.

 

Sunggyu couldn’t hear them due to his distance from their table. He continued to study their actions and it appears like that the two of them were in their own world; not even aware of their surroundings. His heart started constricting and his hands began clenching while watching them on the sidelines. He reached out for his phone and starts sending a message to the man who he knows he was engaged for more than a year now.

 

To: Fiancé

I'm already off work. Where are you? Can you pick me up? It’s Friday. I have no car with me.

 

After sending the message, he saw his fiancé read it and began to type something on his phone as well. His phone beeped signaling an incoming message. And the message solidifies what he’s feeling.

 

From: Fiancé

I'm still at work honey. Got to work overtime today. Sorry, can't pick you up. Love you.

 

Sunggyu's eyes began to moist and cloud. Little tears were forming and at the same time, anger started rising inside him. He just caught his fiancé lying and cheating. They are about to get married after being together since the last year of his medical residency. He proposed after a year of dating and their wedding is already scheduled in 4 months; but now, he doesn't know if it will happen anymore. He felt betrayed. The man who he wants to spend his life with just crushed his heart into pieces and he felt like he wasted those more than 2 years of his life again to someone who doesn't deserve him.

 

The waiting buzzer vibrated signaling his orders are ready to be picked-up. He composed himself and wiped the few tears that fell from his eyes then walked towards the bar area to get his order. He really doesn't feel like eating now.

 

After picking-up his take-away. He gathered himself and marched to the table where his boyfriend is whispering whatever sweet-bull things to the woman with him. Sunggyu didn’t know how he mustered a courage to confront him.

 

"So, this is where you work now and doing your overtime. I never knew that you changed your worksite to this cafe honey." Sunggyu said sarcastically.

 

"Gyu!" His boyfriend uttered with shocked face.

 

Sunggyu faced the woman who was more stunned than his boyfriend.

 

"Hi. Sorry to disturb your date. I'm Sunggyu, his boyfriend by the way. And oh, I'm also his fiancé. Nice to meet you." He then faced his boyfriend shooting daggers with his eyes.

 

"Gyu, let me explain!" His boyfriend said with slightly loud voice alerting other customers to look their way.

 

"I don't think there is more to explain. We're over." He then faced the woman again. "You can have him and marry him for all I care."

 

Sunggyu walks out the cafe as fast as he could. His heart is beating in a fast pace due to anger, hurt and disappointment. He saunters toward the cab-hailing area and as he is reaching the parking lot, his left arm was pulled by his ex-boyfriend who followed after him.

 

"What?! What do you want?!" He shouted.

 

"Gyu, I'm sorry. Let me explain please. Can we talk?"

 

"No. What is there to talk about? You lied to me and cheated on me. Do you think I would still want to be with you? You are a lying bastard." He said with venom on his voice.

 

"Honey, please. Let's talk. I'll bring you home so we can talk." His ex begged.

 

"No! I'd rather hitch-hike on a stranger's car th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter