Episode 1

Love Trigger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon Sammiel Klier pov.

*Riiiiiiiinnngggggg* *Riiiiiinnnnnggggggg*

I struggle to open my eyes not wanting to wake up but I need to, to pick up my phone and see who dares to interupt my sleep. I blink twice and finally get my phone on my bedside table. I answer the call and put it up my ear, waiting for the caller to speak.

 

"Dadala ka car?" Oh! I know who it is just by hearing her calm voice.

 

"Ang aga mo naman mambulabog!" I said irritated.
 

"Gaga ka anong oras na! Bumangon ka na pag ako tinamad ah!" Ayan hindi na calm.

 

I instantly look at the wall clock in front of my bed and curse at myself. ! Bakit ang dilim parin ng kwarto ko parang di naman 8:00AM. Kailangan ko na yata mag palit ng kurtina o mag palit ng condo? Alin dapat? pangit yata pwesto ng condo na to.

 

I was lost in my own thoughts thinking of anything that came up on my mind for a few minutes and then interrupted when the other line of the call speak again. Anjan pa pala si Hyewon

 

"Huuuuyy! Ano dadala kaba car?" Hyewon ask.

 

"No. Tinatamad ako car mo nalang, ikaw nalang drive" I said getting up to prepared.

 

We agreed to fetch our friend at the airport since she'll finally come back after two years gone. I'm excited to finally see her of course, napasarap lang talaga ang tulog ko.

 

"Be there before 9, baba na kayo ha! Wag niyo ko pag hintayin pls lang! Gisingin mo na rin yung isa kantulog pa naman yon" Hyewon. I nodded at her.

 

Although she will not see it alam na niya yon at pinatay na niya ang call. I get out of my bedroom and scan the living room, a deafening silence welcomed me. 'Hindi pa siguro gising si Yujin. I go to the fridge direction to get something to eat. When I got what I want, I knock at Yujins bedroom door to wake her up.

 

"Hooy! Gising na may konting oras ka nalang" I said knocking at the door but no reply.

 

Hinayaan ko nalang muna siya at dumeretso na sa cr after I finish what I got from the fridge. I took a shower and brush my teeth. When I'm done, I walk to open my closet to choose what to wear at bumungad sakin ang sandamakmak na hoodie. I'll definitely choose one if summer is already done but no, because its still summer and I don't want to suffer from the heat. I close it and pull the drawer beside where my shirts placed. I pick the black one and turn to another drawer to pick pants. I scan it and made up my mind to wear the denim one.

 

It's already 9:00AM when I finish all the things I need to do. I get out of my bedroom hoping Yujin's already wake but still no one in the living room.

 

"Tangina neto hindi talaga gumising!" I said as I march to her bedroom door. "Yuuujiiiinnnn!!" I shouted from the other side of her bedroom door with a couple of hard knocks, trying to wake her up.

 

Hindi kami mag kaano-ano ni Yujin but Yujin's living with me for I don't know how many months now. I was living alone in a condo unit that can fit 5 person. It's a gift from our parents for me and my twin sister when we turned 18, but my twin sister decided to move out not too long ago. The reason is that she want a place that is near to the venue because she do band and performing in bars or something, plus, she said she don't want to disturb me when she's practicing her instrument. Pero ang totoo siya ang ayaw maistorbo, knowing her ayaw niya ng may naririnig na iba pag tumutugtug na siya, that's why she choose an apartment near her venue and live her life quietly with her instrument.

 

My twin sister is the original friend of Yujin, they were friends since high school and I'm not close to Yujin that time. Before she moved out, Yujin is already staying with us because something happened to her and my twin sister insisted that Yujin 'must stay with us for a while kaya pumayag ako since malaki naman tong condo. But then, she decided to move out after a month of Yujin's staying with us and threatened me that if I throw Yujin out she'll come to me with all her rage in life. She allow Yujin to use her bedroom and all her stuff but Yujin refused and preferred to stay in the guest room.

 

As the days goes by, kami nalang palagi ni Yujin ang nasa condo and I have no other choice but to talk to her and get along, since I can't throw her out. How can I throw someone like her? She's so precious yet she doesn't know how precious she is. 

 

The days become weeks then months and more months. Yujin and I eventually get close to each other. I introduced her to my friends and they just accepted her like a puppy, we get so fond of her presence. She's likeable, funny, goofball, and hard working. Ever since she started staying with me, I keep saying that she don't need to work and all the things in this condo are also hers but she refused. I'm not bragging or something but my family is one of the richest in the country, and I can provide it on my own but she always refused and give her share. I only agreed with the foods as her share, because my parents will pay automatically the expenses in this condo unit. I treat Yujin as my sister and a friend. Not by the blood yes, but she will always in my heart.

 

"Yujin! Isang tawag ko pa at di ka parin gumising wala kana uuwian!" I shouted. We agreed to fetch Yena at the airport at exactly 10AM and it's already 9AM at..tangina baka traffic pa.

 

"Ano ba yun? wala pa ngang tulog yung tao" Yujin. Popping her head out of her door, eyes still closed and messy hair.

 

"Gaga susunduin nga natin si Yena! Lagot ka kay Hyewon ang tagal mong gumising kanina pa nag hihintay sa parking!" I said slightly irritated cuz she's cute.

 

"Ngayon naba yon?! Diba bukas pa?" Yujin immediately looking for her phone.

 

"Dami mo pang sinasabi bilisan mo nalang! wag kana maligo mag lens ka tas bumaba kana ha!"

 

"Yuck! wag mo nga ako tutulad sayo di naliligo" Yujin.

 

I glare at her. "Meron ka lang 5mins pag wala kapa iiwan ka namin" I said and turn my back at her. Before I get out of the apartment door I look at her and glare for the last time.

 

Pagbaba ko ng elevator dumeretso agad ako kung saan naka park si Hyewon. Papalapit palang halatang naiinip na yung itsura niya. When she recognize my presence she look at me with a tired expression.

 

"Hala! Simula palang araw pagod kana agad" I said and get into the passenger seat.

 

"Hindi pa ako nasanay sa inyong dalawa, sa susunod ayoko na talaga! Hindi na ako mag dadrive!" Hyewon said irritably. "Kanina pa ako dito oh!" She said pointing at her watch.

 

"Ganyan talaga di ka kasi marunong maghintay" I said looking at the rear view mirror of her car to fix my hair. I can see her glaring at me in my peripheral view. "hehehehehe peace?" I put up a peace sign I heard her hiss.

 

Hyewon is one of the best persons I have in my life. We were friends since kindergarten because of our parents. As those old geezer keep pushing us to be friends for business purposes, she eventually became my first partner in crime. Hyewon doesn't really care about family affair and just do what she want. That's what I observe during our time together. I kinda envied her when we were in elementary. Hyewon don't need to get high grades, get in the top, reach number 1 to be acknowlegde by her parents. She does what she want to do, sometimes she fail sometimes she aced it. No pressure. That's when I realized how smart she is. She don't listen in class, sleeping and eating all the time, but if she want to aced it she'll ace it and if she's not in the mood she just don't answer exam and fail. It's all in what mood she's into.

 

When we're in high school we started to cut classes and do stupid things, when I get caught she'll cover for me. I always tell her that I wish I had parents like hers, my parents are not that strict but they don't want to ruin their reputation. They are respectable people and don't want any controversies put in their name. Although they are not strict with us in terms of money and everthing we need, we still need to behave according to them and not to cause any problem. So our freedom is still limited. When we graduated in elementary she ranked 2nd, although I'm 1st that time compared to her I was so tress with my life to get that position.

 

My parents doesn't directly says to us that we need to be good in academic they just give us a words with other meanings and its frustrating. We know they are dissapointed in us according to their reaction when we failed because they still need to brag something. It doesn't affect my twin sister that much and do what she want to do but  she still follow our parents condition. As for me, I stop being in the top in 8th grade and just follow Hyewons way of living.

 

We enter the same high school then, the same senior high school where we get close to other people than us. She got her own friends and so do I. We're not afraid of knowing someone else and let them enter in our circle because we know that no matter what happens, the hamster is always a prey for the cheetah. I will always come to her, chase her even if it cost her life and as for her she'll never get tired of being chased by me. We banter, we argue, we knock each others off but that's what friends are, in the end of the day she still got my back and so do I. That's permanent no matter what happened.

 

3minutes had past and I can clearly see the word 'patience is getting out of Hyewons body. She's running her fingers on the steering wheel and biting her lower lip, one of the sign that she's really getting bored. I stayed quiet and didn't bother her while we still waiting for the dog to come.

 

"Wala pa ba?! Tagal ah!" Hyewon, looking at her watch. "9:05 na baka matraffic pa tayo" She look at her side to see if Yujin is coming out of the elevator.

 

"Last 2minutes pag wala pa alis na tayo" I calmly said.

 

"Tawagan mo na kaya? Baka natulog ulit yon" Hyewon, looking at me knitted brows.

 

I was about to call the dog when-

 

"D'nyeeeeeeeeelll!!"

 

Finally, Hyewon and I smile knowing who's the owner of that loud voice. Hyewon didn't waste any second and turn on the engine of her car and stamp on the accelerator to tease Yujin.

 

"Hooooyy! D'nyel my loveeeesss!" Yujin said and run to follow Hyewons car. Then a sudden stop of Hyewons car to wait for Yujin.

 

When Yujin's already inside the back of the car Hyewon turned to her and glare.

 

"Tangina ang tagal ha!" Hyewon.

 

"Si Sammiel kasi di ako ginising" Yujin, pointing at me. I scoffed.

 

"Aba! Edi kasalanan ko pala? Tagal tagal kita ginigising di ka nagigising! Kulang nalang nga sirain ko yung pinto para magising ka!"

 

"Edi dapat sinira mo!" Yujin. I glare at her and about to say more words when Hyewon interrupted me.

 

"Huli na to kala niyo! Ano kala niyo sakin personal driver niyo?! Lagi nalang akong nag-" Yujin shush Hyewon the car is already noisy at kulang pa kami ng isa.

 

"Surri surri okay?" Yujin. signaling Hyewon to accelerate already. "Sorry na okay? Andar na tayo lalo tayong di makakausad niyan"

 

Hyewon let out a final sigh and stamp on the accelerator shaking her head na may sama ng loob.

 

Minutes had past and we're already in the highway, luckily di masyadong heavy ang traffic. The drive was silent, we're saving our energy because we all know na once she's with us ubos ubos ang energy simot walang tira, but then Yujin break the ice.

 

"Anong oras daw arrival?" Yujin.

 

"10AM daw. 9:45 na aabot pa tayo di naman masyadong traffic lapit na rin" I answered.

 

"Pa imports talaga tong si Maqqari palagi eh" Yujin.

 

"Ikaw ba naman mambasag ng ulo di ka magiging bida" Hyewon said and we all laugh.

 

Yena was sent to america by her parents for 2years to stay low 'daw from the publics eyes, since her parents are in the government field. Their image are the most precious thing to them to get peoples trust. Her family don't tolerate misbehaviour as they said, but in our last semester of high school some thugs from North High the no.1 enemy of our school plan to gang up one of our classmate. Yena is well known for being the leader of a gang in South High and we are her sabordinate but that's merely a rumor since there's no gang in South High and we're just a bunch of crack heads na tambay sa principal office. Pero sa totoo lang si Yena lang lagi na ooffice pinagtatakpan lang namin Hyewon since member kami ng student council that time. Knowing Yena, she'll definitely help our classmate kasi basag ulo siya at syempre dahil kind hearted siya. Ayaw niya ng may nabubully lalo na daw sa mga kabaryo niya.

 

So, she got into the scene and some of the north high students are already beating one of ours. She got heat up and confronted them to stop because there's so many of them at nag iisa lang yung binubugbog nila. But then, when she was just about to speak someone punches her in the face. When we heard where Yena is, Hyewon and I immediately go the scene para maki sapak. As bad as it is, one of the north high student take a video of us and uploaded it in the internet. Yeah, the daughter of the mayor, the daughter of the richest family, and the daughter of the biggest law firm beating the students of north high. That's the headline.

 

Hyewon introduced Yena to me when we're in 8th grade. I already know her, all of the students of south high know her. At first I was so hesitant to be friends with her since ahe always cause trouble but after a couple of times that we bond I appreciate her. She's not bad at all and she's fun to be with, super fun to be exact. She's very introverted and friends with anyone. Habang tumatagal kaming tatlo na magkakasama, she always makes us laugh kaya naman gumaan na loob ko sa kanya. 8th grade, I started to rebel because of Yena. We get into fight with north highs most of the time. All of my time with her is a happy time kaya nung nangyare yung bago kami grumaduate ng high school nag stay low narin ako nung nag simula na ang senior high.

 

We arrive at the airport at exactly 10AM.

 

"Chaewon! Call mo nga para di na tayo mag hanap" Hyewon.

 

I followed Hyewon and get my phone from my back pocket and dial Yena.

 

"Saan na kaya yon, baka dinodogshow lang tayo nun ni Maqqari" Yujin.

 

I waited for the call to be answer when-

 

"OY GAGO!" Yujin. Someone jump on her back.

 

We look in Yujin to know what happened and as I expected there's a dumb person clinging on her back.

 

"Anong dogshow dogshow! Ikaw lang dodogshowin ko pup! hihihihi" Yena. She's messing up Yujins hair.

 

"Tangina pa importante ka ha! BABA NA!" Yujin, in irritable tone but you can see her smile from ear to ear.

 

"Ang taas mo na di kana pup dog kana dog!" Yena said happily still messing Yujins hair.

 

Hyewon and I just stand and stare at them. It's undeniable that in the three of us Yujin treasures Yena the most and vice versa. Yena never leave her side in her darkest days, even though the only thing that come to Yenas mouth that time is 'Yujin's a bother' 'Yujin's a burden'  but we all know that it's her way of loving us.

 

"Bakit di mo sinagot tawag ko?" I ask.

 

"Ooohh! miss mo ko noh?" Yena looking suspiciously at me. I just shrug it off and shake my head. We all know the answer. Edi wala sana kami dito kung hindi di ba

 

"Tara na gutom na gutom na ako. Pinag drive na nga ako di pa ako pinakain" Hyewon hissed.

 

"Halaaa! kawawa namaaaaannnn" Yena, teasing Hyewon who's glaring at her. "Saan tayo kain?" Yena said tapping Yujins shoulder to to put her down but Yujin didn't budge.

 

"Yung driver na mag decide baka mag reklamo pinapahirapan siya" I said.

 

"Talaga! pinag hintay na ginutom pa!" Hyewon.

 

"Baba mo na ako pup para makakain na to kawawa naman" Yena.

 

"Ayoko nga!" Yujin firmly said and dash off.

 

"TANGINA MO DEUUUUSSS!!!!" Yena shouting in the airport is not new to us.

 

Yena crossed her arms around Yujins neck like her life depends on it. As they reach where Hyewons car park, Yujins having difficulty in breathing bringing Yena slowly down and almost collapse near Hyewons car while laughing her off.

 

When Yena is finally on the ground with her deep breaths and a stress face holding her heart that is beating rapidly. I smile. This two ang kumukumpleto ng araw ko. I look at Hyewon who's also smiling.

 

"Magulo nanaman buhay natin" I said and she laugh.

 

"Ayos lang magulo basta masaya" Hyewon said smiling widely at me. She enter her car and start the engine. Yeah, ayos lang magulo basta masaya at kumpleto kami.

 

We eat in a buffet nearby kasi ayaw ni Hyewon lumayo at gutom na gutom na siya. Buffet naman dahil namiss daw ni Yena ang mga pag kain at gusto niya tikman lahat. After we eat, we agree to go to the nearest arcade and play. Yena insist not to go for today because she's tired from the flight but we refused. Wala kam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter