three

Love me, love me not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol was flabbergasted. Has Baekhyun finally lost his mind? Or did he actually kick the ball a little too hard? He was just hanging out with his friends from the football team like any other day when he saw Baekhyun just standing by the field. Something itched inside of him to bother the other but it was nothing out of the ordinary either. You can't blame him because that's what their relationship was; they bother each other . Baekhyun and Chanyeol are not friends, and calling them acquaintances would be a little far-fetched since they almost never have a proper conversation with each other. But you have to trust Chanyeol when he says that he genuinely did not mean to hurt the other boy.

 

After racking his brain the whole day, Chanyeol came to a conclusion. He will make a serious attempt at talking to Baekhyun and maybe, just maybe, apologize for kicking the ball in the face.

 

So when the next day came, Chanyeol walked out of his class ready to confront Baekhyun, feeling a strange sense of Deja vu as he made his way to the other’s lecture hall with the help of Jongin. He had thought about it all night, he could simply not let this pass as easily like other times. Baekhyun seemed way more angerier than he had ever witnessed him, even more angry than the day Chanyeol had accidentally dumped his coffee on his pink head. Chanyeol saw him walking out of his class, and decided to follow him.

 

"Byun!" He called out. Well, this was definitely weird. Multiple heads turned around just to see what nuisance Park was going to pull on Byun Baekhyun this time. At this point, everyone was pretty much aware about their situation; Baekhyun and Chanyeol hated each other.

 

Despite getting everyone's unwanted attention on him, Chanyeol still didn't manage to get the attention of the person he wanted. He kept following him in order to catch up with him. Was the flamingo head ignoring him on purpose?

 

"Byun Baek, we need to talk." Chanyeol spoke as soon as he got near the smaller who was, weirdly, wearing a hoodie in the middle of summer. When Baekhyun made no movement to slow down or even look in his direction, Chanyeol had no choice but to grab Baekhyun by his wrist and drag him along. Surprisingly, Baekhyun did not even attempt to fight him, he just quietly followed the taller to the empty stairway and stood silently.

 

"What was that yesterday?" Chanyeol questioned but he received no response, "Byun, why were you crying?"

 

"Why do you care?" Baekhyun asked when he finally looked up in his eyes. Chanyeol knew something was really wrong when their eyes met because he had never seen Baekhyun act so seriously. Whenever they argued, Baekhyun would at least have a hint of a smile on his face because he enjoyed annoying Chanyeol. He loved to ruin his days even though he gets the payback for his behavior.

 

"Answer my question first." Still, Chanyeol went on.

 

" Why do YOU care? !" Baekhyun's voice echoed in the empty space and his stare hardened.

 

"Look..." Chanyeol sighed, he did not want to pick a fight right now, "I just wanted to know if it was because of me, I- I wanted to-"

 

"Yes," Came Baekhyun's immediate reply.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Yes, it was because of you. I was crying because of you. What are you going to do about it? Brag about it to everyone? Do you feel happy coming here to laugh in my face, Park?" He spit, Chanyeol was taken aback by Baekhyun's words. What did he even mean by all of this? To say that he was left confused would be an understatement.

 

"Why would I do any of those things? Listen, whatever we have, or do, I never mean to actually hurt you." He tried to explain, starting to feel guilty but Baekhyun looked like he was absolutely done with him, "You have to trust me on that. I promise, I just wanted to apologize about kicking the ball harder than-"

 

" The ball?! " The pink head let out a fake laugh, "You're shameless! You’re the reason why I have a broken heart now!"

 

"Baekhyun, I don't understand -" Chanyeol is left speechless and he’s starting to feel his face morphing to make grimaces.

 

"You have the audacity to-" He watched as Baekhyun's eyes widened mid sentence. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun looked past his shoulder and let out a shudder, "W-What...?"

 

"What's wrong now?" Chanyeol took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves.

 

"Park, don't turn around." Baekhyun suddenly gripped Chanyeol's shoulders, his eyes turning watery. Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun in surprise, unable to understand why the shorter was acting so strangely all of a sudden. Was he on drugs?

 

"What– Why?" Chanyeol still questioned when their eyes met for the umpteenth time that day. There was definitely something different in the air today because Chanyeol, strangely, did not find looking into Byun Baek's eyes as annoying as he did before. Baekhyun’s eyes were wide with revelation and Chanyeol was getting more confused with every second passing.

 

Maybe Chanyeol's fragile patience was evident on his face as Baekhyun continued, "Apparently we're both victims here." Baekhyun said in all his sincerity, but what the hell was he talking about? Chanyeol wanted to either put his head through the wall or Baekhyun’s, he could not decide. Did he miss something important? Had he out and missed a week of his own life or did he hit Baekhyun with that football a little too hard and messed up his brain?

 

That was enough for Chanyeol. He couldn't take it anymore. Despite Baekhyun telling him not to, he still turned his head to catch a glimpse of where the other had been looking. What are the odds that he found his best friend making out with none other than Jongin, himself. Since when were they together?! How could Kyungsoo not mention anything to Chanyeol! This must be the reason why Jongin easily agreed to come with Chanyeol.

 

"For God's sake, give me a break..." He groaned. When he looked back down, Baekhyun's face was turning red. The smaller seemed to be trying to hide behind Chanyeol's frame as he clutched the sides of his shirt. It added to Chanyeol’s confusion, "Now, what are you doing?"

 

Baekhyun had never once looked cute to Chanyeol after that one day that he had tried to confront him back then but right now, seeing him this way, looking so small contradicted the statement.

 

"Yeol, is that you?" Upon hearing Kyungsoo's voice, Chanyeol immediately turned around while Baekhyun continued to hide behind him. As far as he knew, Baekhyun had never interacted with Kyungsoo or Jongin so why was he blaming them for something while dragging Chanyeol with him?

 

"Yeah, um, hi." He just stood there awkwardly, trying to process what was going on but he was so close to just shaking Flamingo head and demanding answers from him.

 

"Did we just interrupt– Were you guys–?" Of course, they could see there was someone hiding behind him. And of course , they would think Chanyeol came here to make out with someone just like they did!

 

"What– No! What the hell? It's just Byun!" Chanyeol grabbed the smaller by both of his forearms and dragged him to stand in front of him.

 

"Hey, um..." Baekhyun smiled awkwardly in an attempt to be polite but he seemed too tense to make any eye contact with the others.

 

" Oh , hi, Baekhyun..." Jongin’s eyes widened when he looked at Baekhyun as he started, "Look, I'm really sorry about yesterday if-"

 

Baekhyun suddenly started laughing loudly, "What? Oh, that,” Chanyeol watched in astonishment as he swatted his hands in the air, “No it- haha! You don't need to worry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter