Pen & Cob

2 Swans 1 Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beomgyu POV

"Ahh, Yeonjunnie hyung, you're so annoying~!" I whine, blocking him from the camera. "Ya, ya! How could you talk to your hyung like that?? Huh? So disrespectful." He tsks and I giggle, loving our dynamic on screen. I scoff and roll my eyes, continuing to block him from the camera. He tickles my side and I squeal, finally moving away from the frame. "Yah, Beomgyu, sit down." Soobin instructs calmly, yet firmly. I quickly sit in between Taehyun and Huening Kai on the opposite side of the room, sticking my tongue out at Yeonjun. Yeonjun sticks his tongue out back at me and then gets back to making his origami. I watch him for a few more seconds before going back to my own.

I struggle to fold the paper a certain way and accidentally rip it, quickly looking up to the staff to see if anyone noticed and then glancing at the camera with a small smile, knowing the fans would've noticed. I smirk a little and set it down and grab a new paper, starting over. I finally get it and move onto the other origami figures we planned on making. "Hyung, don't forget to sign your origami animals so we know who's is who." Huening Kai reminds. "Ahh, thank you Huening. So cute." I coo, pinching his cheek. He whines and Soobin shoots me a small warning glare. I let Huening Kai's cheek go and get back to folding my origami.

 

"Yah, who's is this? It's so ugly." Yeonjun laughed, picking up my torn, unfinished oragami. "Ah, that's mine!" I snatched it from Yeonjun's hand. "His name is... uh.. Swani!!" I come up with a name on the spot. "Swani??" Taehyun laughs. "What kind of a name is that?" Yeonjun laughs. "His wing is broken!!" Soobin points out and everyone bursts into laughter. "Maybe you should've just sat this one out Beomgyu-ah.." Yeonjun giggles. That jabs at my pride and self-esteem and I fake laugh super loud. "Haha, so funny hyung!" I playfully smack his shoulder and sit back, watching everyone else continue laughing at my stupid excuse for an origami. 

"Ok, we're done filming. You guys can go 'n get something to eat and then we'll take you guys home." Our manager claps and hands his card to Soobin. The others rush to get up and leave but I stay behind. "Aren't you going to go eat with them Gyu?" Our manager asks. "Huh? Oh.. No, I wanna practice my origami actually. And I'm not hungry anyway." I shrug, going back to folding the paper to make a better swan. "So... I fold it like this..." I try and tear the paper again. "Ugh, another one." I groan, grabbing another paper and starting over.
 

I get a call from Soobin and answer it. "Hey, I noticed you aren't with us. Where did you go? Did you get lost? Do we need to ask the managers to find you?" Soobin asks worriedly. "Ahh, no. I'm still at the recording room. I'm not hungry so you guys don't have to get anything for me." I assure Soobin. "Oh... Did the managers have to talk to you about something? Did you do something again?" Soobin giggles. "No, I decided to stay back on my own accord. Wanna practice my origami." I explain. "Oh, is it because we were laughing at Swani?" I hear Yeonjun's laughter from the phone at the mention of Swani's name and my heart sinks. "No, no it wasn't you guys... It was.." I don't finish but Soobin seems to understand. "Oh... Was it because he made fun of your origami making skills?" He whispers. "Yeah. It was. But I'm practicing so I don't embarass myself again, especially on camera. And you don't have to tell him anything, it's ok hyung. I'll manage." I quickly hang up and go back to making origami.

 

"Dammit!" I yell when I rip the paper yet again. "Why can't I just get it right?!??" I growl. "Maybe you should've sat this one out Beomgyu-ah" I hear Yeonjun's voice in my head again and tears well up in my eyes. He just sees me as a bandmate, not even a friend with how he treats me off camera sometimes. It's stupid to have a crush on someone who doesn't even like you. I close my eyes and hold back my tears. "I'll.. I'll just start again.." I grab yet another paper and start to fold it gently. I accidentally rip it again and tears well in my eyes and my brain replays Yeonjun's laugh. I finally give in and sob on the table. "I'm s-so stupid!" I cry, slamming my fist on the table multiple times. "Of course I can't do origami! I'm just a stupid reckless kid! And Soobin hyung is a gentle leader, Taehyun is a mature man, Huening Kai is super sweet and can be gentle when he needs to. Yeonjun hyung is good at everything. I can only sing mediocre and can't even dance that well, even with the same training as the others. I don't even have a pretty enough face to be a visual!" I cry, rubbing my eyes aggressively. 

I get another call but it's Taehyun this time. I calm my sobs before I answer. "Hey, what's up?" I ask as calmly as possible. "Hyung, it's been 3 hours since we even got home, which means you've been at the recording studio for 4 hours... Soobin hyung is worried about you. Huening Kai is worried about you. I'm worried about you." Taehyun says softly. "And Yeonjun hyung isn't even worried about a friend either? No, he probably doesn't even see me as a friend, just a person he works and lives with." I spit sourly. I realize what I said and quickly open my mouth to apologize. "Hyung, I'm sure that's not true. We all care about each other." Taehyun interjects. "Right. Forget I even said anything. I'll walk to the dorms." I respond. "Are you sure you don't want a mana-" I hang up before Taehyun can finis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter