Changes

The little vampire

1827

 

A young woman ran through the streets. She was not even old enough yet her father decided he couldn't support her anymore and threw her in the streets. Sadly for her she was very beautiful even after having lived in the streets for a few weeks. Therefore she drew the attention of a well known group of thugs attempting to kidnap her and sell her to some creepy old man as a wife. She has spent days avoiding them the best she could. But at least today nothing seemed to work. "Little girl. You may as well give up now. We already own you it's just a matter of catching you little mouse." A big hairy man stood maybe fifty feet away. "Come on we'll make sure you're husband knows you came willingly." Nicha looked around she was backed into a dead end and had nowhere to go. 

 

She weighed her options in her mind before coming up with a plan. It wasn't the best but it was all she could do. She began to walk twords him as if she was giving up. Just as she got to him she attempted to run past him but she wasn't fast enough. He caught her wrapping his arm around her neck holding her in a headlock. "You stupid little . Did you think that would work? Now I'll have to wait til your healed up to sell you. He tightened his arm around cutting off her air. She struggled digging her nails into his forearm in an attempt to make him let go but before she knew it her vision was going blurry. As she passed out she heard footsteps running twords them and a woman speaking in an unknown language. And that's all she remembered. 

 

It could have been hours or maybe even days. Nicha would have no clue how much time had passed. Last she remembered she'd been choked out by a thug. So imagine her surprise when she awoke in a bed with a big warm blanket over her. She sat up looking and seeing she'd been changed into different clothes. "Where am I?" She felt a shiver run down her spine as she felt an intense thirst take over. She heard a voice suddenly noticing a woman sitting in the corner of the room. She stood and made her way to the bedside holding a cup to Nicha's lips. "Drink first I will explain everything once you've quenched your thirst." Nicha looked down at the thick red liquid in the cup. began to water as she brought it to her lips. She took the first sip her eyes closing as she savored the taste. It was like nothing she had ever tasted before and she couldn't stop til she drank every last drop. "What is this? Could I have more?" The woman sat on the edge of the bed with a small smile. "I will tell you but first there are some things we must talk about." 

 

As Nicha agreed the woman began to speak again. "My name is Kim Minji. I am not from around here but I happened to be passing by when that vile man attacked you." Nicha nodded showing she understood. Minji sighed softly. "I'm sorry I wasn't there in time. When I got there he'd... He already killed you." Nicha looked confused. "If he killed me then...?" Minji nodded. "I am a vampire and now so are you. Normally I'd ask permission before turning someone but these were extenuating circumstances." Nicha widened her eyes just now realizing she hasn't been breathing this whole time. "S-so that was blood?" Minji nodded. "Kindly provided by my niece who hasn't turned yet." Nicha pulled her legs up to her chest hugging them. "Can I have some time alone?" Minji nodded a bit. "When you're ready I'll be in my office with the door open down the hall to the right. I'm sorry for the circumstances but I hope you can grow to trust us." She stood and made her way out the door locking it from the inside before closing the door giving the girl at least a bit of privacy. 

 

After a bit of time thinking and silent mourning of her human life Nicha quietly made her way from the room. "Did she say left or right?" She mumbled to herself looking down to the left. "She said right." Nicha jumped turning to see a tall blonde woman holding a dog with a soft smile. "Pleasure to meet you I am Kim Yoohyeon. I was in my way to her office if you'd like to follow." She walked past her twords said office. Nicha followed behind her staring down at her own feet. "You should keep your eyes up it makes you look like a harder target." Yoohyeon spoke as she knocked on the office door even though it was open. Minji liked up from the papers she had been reading a wide smile gracing her face. "Darling! And our new friend. I'm happy to see you both. Come now have a seat." She gestured to an empty chair sitting opposite her. Yoohyeon however took her position sitting on the arm of the older woman's chair. 

 

"So may I ask your name so that I may address you accordingly?" Nicha ruined the back of her neck nervously before speaking up. "My name is Nicha Yontararok. My friends all called me Minnie..." She looked down sadly. "Well when I had friends before my father abandoned me." She looked up widening her eyes as she heard a low growl from one of the women. "How could someone raise a child for years and then suddenly forget they exist? Is there no love for his child? Men are vile." Yoohyeon ranted as Minji took her hand attempting to appease her rage. "My darling please be careful you're gonna scare Nicha." Yoohyeon sighed and squeezed her hand. "You're right I'm sorry my love. And I'm sorry to you too Nicha. From what Minji told me it seems you came from a similar situation to mine. But Minji saved me as well and I've never let her go since." Nicha nodded. "She's very kind I can see why you wouldn't want to leave..." Minji cleared a bit. "I know you're thinking you want out of here and I won't keep you here if that's what you want but I would like you to stay at least til you've learned to control yourself."

 

And so began a month long stay with the vampire family. Nicha got along with everyone pretty well they treated her well and were patient with her even through her mistakes. She had started to grow attached to them. Especially Yoohyeon and Minji who treated her like their own child. Everyone could tell that once her training was done and she was allowed out into the world on her own that they would miss her dearly. The day came she had packed up the little belongings she had as well as some money Minji insisted on her taking. She stood in the foyer as the seven women stood looking at her. Everyone looked sad especially little Gahyeon who had been unable to control her own emotions. "Well Minnie... You're ready to leave? Did you pack everything? Your money your blood and your clothes?" Minji fussed over her a bit as she looked to make sure she was prepared. "I'm ready I promise..." At first Minnie was sure she wanted to leave she wanted to go out into the world on her own and explore. But now seeing them all with tears in their eyes she thought twice. She hung her head low attempting not to cry. "I uhh... Can I stay? I don't want to leave y'all behind..." Yoohyeon immediately engulfed the woman in a hug squeezing her tightly. "Yes honey of course you can. You're part of our family now so you're always welcome." Minnie hugged the woman sniffling a bit. "Thank you... Mom..." The hug loosened just a bit as she had shocked Yoohyeon with the name but was quickly made tighter. "Yoo be careful you're gonna accidentally hurt her." Minji lightly nudged her wife's arm. Minnie simply pulled Minji into the hug as well. "It's okay Mama." 

 

Note: Sorry it took so long I was preoccupied with work but I was working on it!