Psychology

Psychology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An AU where enemies Joohyun and Seungwan were assigned to do a psychology project about liking someone.

-

Seungwan chews on her gum as she stood outside the classroom, she doesn't want to go inside yet because Joohyun is already inside alone while reading a book. She doesn't know when the beef between her and the lady inside started, she just knew about it when she heard from Joohyun's sister, Yerim who's one of Seungwan's students in her music class every weekend that she's annoyed with Seungwan.

Up to this day, she's very clueless why Joohyun is annoyed with her, that's why despite Yerim insisting on them being friends, she can't even bother saying Hi to Joohyun instead can only stare at her from afar. Seungwan's smile blossomed on her face when she saw her best friend Seulgi who was holding a subway sandwich in her hand and on her other hand was her coffee. "Son Seungwan what are you doing outside?" Seulgi asked before she reaches Seungwan, but a loud snort was heard from her when she saw the lady inside the almost empty classroom. "Are you that nervous with her that you can't even stay inside an empty classroom with her? Damn that ."  Seulgi ends up laughing before she opens the door of the classroom. She greets Irene with a good morning who just stared at the both of them. Her gaze was focused over Seungwan who was holding her iced americano in her hand.

Seungwan shrugged before she sat beside her friend and took out the cookies that she promised both Yerim and Seulgi. "Here's yours that's your favorite. Go with me to the tourism building, I need to give this to Yerimie."  Joohyun's gaze went over Seungwan when she heard her sister's name, she somehow forgot that Yerim and Seungwan are very close given that Yerim goes to Seungwan's home every weekend for her to get her voice and guitar lessons.

Joohyun shrugged as she closed her book and just started scrolling on her phone. She can hear Seungwan's singing making her gaze go on her, the girl was wearing her earphones while her head is learned on Seulgi's shoulders. Thoughts were running on her mind that were suddenly interrupted when she saw Seulgi's eyes meet hers. She immediately diverted her attention over somewhere else before she mentally curses herself. "What the hell are you even thinking Bae Joohyun?"  Joohyun mutters to herself as she diverted her attention over her SNS account again. She was shocked when she saw Yeri's Instagram update with Seungwan, making her grumpily close her phone, why does Seungwan keeps on getting into her thoughts and even on her nerves. 

"Bad day eh?" Joohyun's attention went over to the guy who stood in front of her table, Joohyun can only give the guy her cold stare but he didn't bung at all, but instead he leans closer to Joohyun who was left stunned by the sudden brave action from the guy. "Wanna be happy?" Joohyun remained a straight face despite the fear that she was feeling when Bogum was disrespecting her personal space. Joohyun was just about to respond when Bogum ends up yelping in pain. 

Joohyun's eyes meet Seungwan who just went to get her drawing tube that she threw a few seconds ago. "I told you this is a good weapon Seulgi!" Seungwan's laugh was heard before she glances over at Joohyun, she gave her a faint smile before she sat beside Seulgi again. "Sorry, Bogum! We were just testing the tube it was not my intention to throw it towards you."  the annoyance within her tone was visible, Seungwan just hates the sight of men taking advantage of women, given that Joohyun is Yeri's older sister, despite the so-called beef between them Seungwan still choose to protect her in any way she can. There was this fake smile that she flashed over Bogum before she opens her book. Seungwan saw Joohyun staring at her before she diverted her attention when the professor went inside the classroom. 

"Okay let's settle down! Good morning class!"  Joohyun's attention went over the professor as the whole class greets her. Joohyun hates this minor subject, personality development, the subject that she almost wanted to drop as soon as she knew that she shares it with Seungwan. "As an output, I'll be grouping you into pairs,  I want you to prepare a report about the psychology of liking someone."  Joohyun's gaze went over her professor who's currently holding her class record. She's internally praying that she will notice her once she raises a question, just when she's just about to raise her hand the professor meets her eyes and gave her a grin. "No miss Bae Joohyun, this is a task by pair you can't work alone." she heard a chuckle from her back and saw Seungwan giggling while staring at her, was she laughing because of what happened? "Miss Son Seungwan and Bae Joohyun you'll be the third pair."  Joohyun's eyes widen as she heard what the professor just said, Seulgi, on the other hand, was elbowing Seungwan who was now looking like she was panicking. "Prepare a well-written paper, outline the key points and prepare for a presentation accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation. Be creative." Joohyun just breathed out before she starts to think of ideas that they can use for the upcoming presentation. 

Seungwan on the other hand can only try to calm herself down, she will be doing group work with the person who hates her and now her best friend is even teasing her. She slowly dodged Seulgi with her elbows when she saw Joohyun's eyes on hers. Will she be able to survive with this group work with her rival, and most especially with the person who high key hates her, and yes Seungwan used the word high key even though she's not sure whether the word exists. Seungwan just breathed out and diverted her attention over what her professor was saying, maybe she will think about it later, or when the time Irene insists for them to start doing the group work, but for now, she needs to prepare herself for the battle. The battle of being with Miss Irene Bae, the coldest girl that she ever knew. 

After two long hours of Seungwan failing to focus and concentrate on the lecture, the professor finally went out of the room. The whole class became noisy as everyone made themselves busy with planning where to eat for lunch and such. The blonde can only lean her head on her table as she blinks her eyes, she saw that Joohyun was still not moving any muscle as well. Seulgi was also not around leaving the two of them alone inside the already empty classroom. She hesitantly stood up from her chair grabbing her drawing tube, and her backpack. She was just about to step out of the classroom when she heard Joohyun's voice. "Thank you."  she halts on walking before slowly looking back over the brunette who's staring at the whiteboard. Her eyes also went to meet Seungwan as if she were trying to read what is running into her mind. "Yes I'm talking to you, it would be weird for me to thank someone else when you know that the classroom is already empty and we are the only ones around right?" Seungwan felt the chills run into her senses when she heard how cold and intimidating Joohyun sounded. Her eyes were shaking as she tries to remain her gaze locked with the brunette. "Mind if you give me your number, I don't need your personal number, I just need to talk to you about this ty group activity." The architecture student immediately reaches for the phone and typed her number, she doesn't even know why she was shaking. "No messages about personal matters Miss Wendy." That were Irene's last words before she went out of the room leaving Seungwan alone there. She can only blink her eyes and breathe out. Hoping that this project will end soon. 

-

The brunette stopped walking right in front of her younger sister's building, she was waiting for her younger sister to have lunch with her. She was casually staring at her phone eyeing it as she starts composing a message for Wendy. 

[Monday 11:35 AM] Son Wendy: Hello this is Irene Bae, can you tell me your convenient time so we can set a schedule of when we can do this report. 

As soon as she sent those, she saw her sister grinning at her after glancing over her phone, Yerim got this wide teasing smile as she hits her sister's arm. "Why are you texting my Seungwanie!" the younger lady was even grinning and not scared over her cold and intimidating sister who seemed to be close to shoving the big law book of hers. "She's mine though! You don't even talk to her nor treat her well you're so bad eonnie! I told you she's..." Yeri was not able to finish her statement when her sister started dragging her out of the senior high school building. The younger Bae can only roll her eyes, indeed her sister hates it whenever someone talks about her feelings and emotion, her cold-hearted sister looks scary to a lot of people, but only Bae Yerim knows how to make her mad without even getting scared. "Why are you dragging me!? I'm calling mom!" Joohyun halted walking as she stares over her younger sister with her beast eyes. The brunette hates it when people about anything related to her feelings. Tsundere? Irene must be a tsundere, a very well-known one. "Eonnie even if you look at me like that I won't be scared of you." Joohyun's eyebrows arched as she stares over Yerim who looks unbothered. 

"Bae Yerim I'm warning you,"  Joohyun said before she started walking while dragging her little sister to the nearest restaurant. Yerim can only roll her eyes as she let her eonnie do what she wanted. They both settled down inside the steak restaurant. The younger Bae grinned over her older sister upon seeing her quietly sitting, just the usual Bae Joohyun.

"Why are you texting my crush eonnie!"  the older Bae stares over her younger sister whose eyebrows were crumpled as she was also staring at her. Crush? Does Yeri like Seungwan? Joohyun didn't even see that one coming, she just knew that the two shares a great bond, and Seungwan is teaching Yeri to learn how to play the guitar and even the flute. "Who wouldn't  like Seungwan eonnie, she's very nice, she's warm, she's very cute, her voice is good, she's smart, she's cute, what else..." Joohyun can only shrug as she took her phone out when it vibrated it was a message from Seungwan. 

[Monday 12:06 PM] Son Wendy: Hey, we can start tomorrow after class I guess? Mine ends at 6 PM please tell me your most convenient time.

Joohyun's soft smile blossomed into her lips but she immediately shrugs it before composing a reply.

[Monday 12:10 PM] Bae Irene: My class ends at 6:30 let's just meet at the cafe near the school. 

Joohyun can only shrug the thoughts as she diverts her attention over her younger sister who's currently busy on her phone. "Seungwan eonnie isn't replying to me, that's weird."  Yeri's soft voice was heard as she placed her phone down on the table to drink her red iced tea. Joohyun's eyebrows crumpled as she still can't understand the logic of why her eighteen-year-old sister likes a twenty-two-year-old architecture student. 

The brunette's phone vibrated and showed a notification it was a message from Wendy herself. 

[Monday 12:12 PM] Son Wendy:  Sure, mind if I know your favorite drink so I can order for you beforehand. 

Yeri's eyes went to her eonnie who got this soft smile present on her face as she stares over her phone, the curious girl leans her face closer to her older sister to see what she was reading, it is so unusual for Yerim to see her eonnie smiling while holding her phone. "Who are you talking to? Are you dating someone already!?" Joohyun's smile vanished on her face as she moves her phone away from the younger one. Her hands skillfully start to compose a reply to the blonde girl that she's texting. 

[Monday 12:15 PM] Bae Irene: No need to buy me anything, I'll buy it once I'm around. 

Joohyun can only internally smile as she somehow realizes how soft and warm-hearted Seungwan is. 

Seungwan glanced over her wristwatch, she was getting nervous to be alone with Joohyun in a bit. Seulgi chuckles as she uses her elbow to dodge the blonde. "Why are you sweating and looking so awkward."  Seulgi can only laugh as she reaches for her drawing tube, the class is finally ending and she's already rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter