Prologue : Budding Animosity.

Stuck With U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Twelve years old......

 

Twelve years old, that was when Kang Hiah met Byun Baekhyun for the first time - or at least that's what she remembered. Because according to her parents, the Byun family had been their family friends even when Baekhyun and Hiah weren't born, back when the Kang family used to live in Bucheon. Hiah's family moved to the capital city when she was one year old, that apparently meant Baekhyun was also one year old back then, since he was just a few months older than her. 

So that year, when school was just about to start back after the winter breaks, that's when her parents declared that the Byun family was also moving to Seoul. They claimed that Hiah would have her childhood friend back - it was way past Hiah's understanding how it was possible to make friends when she was just a a newborn back in Bucheon. But somewhere in the corner of her heart, Hiah had been excited, thinking that she'd finally have someone to call her friend. 

Being a core introvert, she had been unable to make friends - close friends whom she could claim as her best buddies without any hesitation. So, her twelve years old self thought maybe, just maybe this time she'd be lucky enough to have a best friend.

Her parents had even shown her the pictures of Baekhyun, sent by his parents. And to be frankly superiorly honest, she found him really cute. He had a mischievous grin etched on his face - that made his puffy cheeks even more puffy - in every single picture. He looked playful, he looked friendly. So, by the time it was the day when her parents had invited the Byun family over after they'd settled down in their new home, Hiah was genuinely excited - for the first time ever - to meet someone new. 

Though things went down the drain when Baekhyun turned out to be very very different from how she imagined him. He had this unfriendly aura radiating off him the moment they were introduced. 

Hiah was more of a first impression person. If the person on the other side wouldn't show her any sign of friendliness at their first meeting, she'd just shut herself down immediately and would never approach them again. And that's what she did. She didn't even talk to him when she got to know that Baekhyun was going to continue his studies in her school - ironically, in her class. 

In school, she acted like she didn't know him - not that he ever approached her or tried to initiate any conversation either; and during their family gatherings, she'd just stick to her younger sister in the pretence of taking care of her, so that no one would question her reluctance towards that Byun boy. 

 

Kang Hiah didn't like Byun Baekhyun, at all.

 

This continued until the results of their first midterms were out. And when it did, Hiah couldn't detest Baekhyun any more. He had snatched her place and scored the highest in every freaking subject. What was most infuriating to her, was that she never saw him study. He was a goofball most of the time, laughing around with different sets of boys and girls everyday. Also, it was annoyingly fascinating to her, as to how he managed to be friends with everyone - of course, aside from her. She knew she wouldn't be able to be like him in centuries. She hated how he had gained everything she desperately wanted to.

By then, it was also a fact that Kang Hiah was Jealous of Byun Baekhyun.

Back to the day the result came out, something started that day. Something between Byun Baekhyun and Kang Hiah stirred that day. And undoubtedly, that something could be named as a war.

She didn't know what was his problem, but he'd given h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter