Rosie Begins

Beullaegpingkeu's Little Family

Rosé woke up early in the morning due to the excitement of traveling back to LA after the last time she went there for Coachella as a member of Blackpink, but this time she was going as Roseanne Park maybe for work but also for enjoyment. Her excitement couldn’t be contained inside her, she was oozing energy, this showed in her step as she was skipping throughout the halls towards the bathroom while humming, filling the dorm with her energy while all the other members were still in Morpheus arms.

After having a shower and getting dressed, she made her way back to her room once again humming, on the way she passed Jennie’s room (her travel mate) and saw that the cat-eyed girl was still sleeping instead of getting ready for their flight. She ventured inside Jennie’s room with an objective in mind waking her up without getting hurt which wasn't an easy task.

She tiptoed thru the room towards the bed, once she reached her destination Rosé proceeded to try and ease Jennie out of her slumber by gently shaking her body, but this proved futile as Jen just turned her body to the other side to avoid the disturbance.

Seeing that being gentle wasn’t the answer Rosé took out the big guns and started poking Jennie all over her body and repeating over and over “Jen wake up. Jen it’s time to rise”, increasing the volume of her voice with each repetition.

After a couple of minutes of being poked, tickled, and having her ears bleeding by the volume, Jennie decided to wake up to stop the harassment being imparted to her being. “Ugh” moaned Jen “Stop the harassment Rosie, I’m already awake” mumbled while stretching to get rid of the sleep on her extremities.


By the time the clock marked 9 o’clock both girls were ready and just waiting for their manager to come and pick them up to take them to the airport, their other members were still presumed asleep oblivious to the ruckus caused by Rosé’s last-minute preparations for the trip.

The sound of steps kept getting louder coming from the direction of the rooms, soon after two sleepy bodies emerged from the hallway and took a seat beside them on the sofa immediately snuggling against their bodies before breaking the silence that had made its way into the room.

“Hey Jendeukie, Chaeng…” a yawn interrupted Jisoo’s sentence “when are you going to leave?”, but the question made Jennie shake her off her arm and put a pout on her face, “Are you telling me to leave already” shot back Jen with hurt clear on her words.

Jisoo was quick to reassure her that wasn’t the case and cuddle the cat-eyed girl, “It isn’t like that Jen, I just want to know how much time left I have to snuggle with the cutest girl before you have to go” she finishes her statement with a kiss on her forehead, action which bought a gummy smile on Jennie’s face.

“You’re such a sap Chu, but they’re picking us up around 9:45, so we have a bit more than half an hour's worth of cuddles left” replied Jennie snuggling closer to Jisoo’s body letting go a little hum of content but their moment of relaxation was interrupted by a gagging sound coming from their younger friends.

“Oh gosh, guys, there’s innocent eyes present and you are being so ” retorted Lisa and covered Chae’s eyes, the latter reacted by doing the same action to Lisa’s eyes, and after a couple of seconds of silence they erupted in laughter making Jennie irritated by their antics, but soon the four were laughing enjoying one of their last moments together for the foreseeable future.

The next 30 minutes flew by so quickly and the four had watery expressions, caused by the departure of half of their team. The younger ones were the most affected, not wanting to let the other go, they had to be pried from each other’s arms by Jensoo one pulling Lisa into the house and the other pulling Rosé towards the elevator.

The ride towards the airport was filled with quiet sobs coming from Rosé’s being, Jennie ended up cuddling the Aussie in an attempt to calm her down before arriving at the airport so as to not rise gossip from the fans or paparazzi that they would encounter. Fortunately, Rosé was able to calm down as they arrived at the airport, but as an extra measure for their security, the girls were escorted privately thru the facilities to avoid all the commotion.

After being checked in they were guided to a private waiting room to rest while the plane was ready for boarding, they decided to spend this time drinking some cold beverages from Starbucks and some light snacks for Chaeng since all the crying drained her energy.

Posterior to having boarded and the plane taking off, both girls proceeded to go back to Morpheus' arms due to the longevity of the flight they had just got into.


Three hours into the flight Jennie woke up thanks to the sound of crying coming from somewhere within the walls of the plane, she adjudicates it to the toddler she saw boarding after them prior because she couldn’t do anything she tried to fall back asleep, but her brain registered the cries more thoroughly, recognizing them as coming from the seat beside her more specifically Chaeyoung’s seat.

This realization made her get rid of all the slumber from her body and analyze the situation, getting concerned as her brain finally woke up fully, turning to assess the situation and stop Chaeyoung’s cries. “Chae, are you okay? What happened? Why the tears?” utter the Korean girl trying to see if Rosé had any visible injuries but the search was null, but this got the Aussie’s attention who still had crocodile tears pouring from her eyes.

Chaeyoung kept sobbing but tried to express the reason for her tears, “U-unnie ‘am sca-scared” said while rubbing at her eyes and plastering a frown on her face, this swamped Jennie’s heart with worry, so she questions as to the why of the fear, “P-panes sca-scady ‘nnie, no wanna be he-hewe”.

This information was new to the Korean since Rosé hadn't mentioned it before on their other flights, the only thing left to do was to comfort her due to her inability to get them off the plane at the moment, so she hugged the Aussie and started rocking both of their bodies side to side while muttering words of comfort “Everything’s going to be okay Chaeng, nothing bad is going to happen to you while I’m here”.

The only response coming from Chaeyoung was a muffled “Pwomise unnie?” followed by more force being put into their embrace as the plane hit some turbulence, “I promise Rosie” was muttered before a kiss was placed on Chaeyoung’s forehead, melting most of the worry that was suffocating her.

Jennie kept rocking both of them, but a thought kept plaguing her mind, why was Chaeng acting like this all of the sudden, she was quite childlike as much as Lisa but at the moment she resembled more a toddler than a carefree young adult.


Posterior to 40 minutes of reassurance Chaeyoung let go of Jennie and resituated on her seat once again but never letting go of her hold on her unnie’s hand, afraid she was going to disappear magically and leave her all alone on the scary plane where all the mean adults go throw mad expressions her way.

The only reason for Chaeyoung being seated on her own seat was that over the intercoms the crew had announced that it was mealtime, and of course, she can’t miss that important time of the trip, which also happened to be the only enjoyable moment of the whole flight so far as she could think of.

The food that was served by the crew appeared so yummy in Chaeyoung’s eyes, they were given bulgogi with rice, dongchimi noodles, and bibimbap, with their choice of drink that could range from imported wine, champagne, cola, water (plain and sparkling) to even some juice. When the kind stewardess came to give them their drinks, she was quick to make her doubts present, “Do you haf’ beew by ‘ny chance?” said Chaeng tilting her head.

“Yes Miss, we have different brands, such as Hite, Terra, Cass, Kloud. Which one would you like?”

Hearing this made Jennie turn her head quickly towards the stewardess and order the drinks for both of them, “Miss can we have some cola for me and a juice for her, please and thank you” told Jen with a smile as to not appear even ruder, but of course Chaeng made her discontent know to Jen, “But unnie I want beew fo’ da kimchi” whined the Aussie while crossing her arms. Trying to reason with Chaeng prove to be harder than imagined, Roseanne Park, you’ve got two choices either juice or cola. Choose one or you’ll be drinking water and not having dessert” she told her, but Chaeyoung wasn’t having it and whined again “Beew, I wan’ beew” wailed while kicking her legs and flailing her arms.

Park Chaeyoung that’s enough! This is your last chance, choose either the juice or cola. And apologize to the kind lady for your attitude” finished Jennie while providing a look that meant there wasn’t any room left for discussion. Sensing that Jennie was serious, she turned to the stewardess and asked for her drink “Can I haf’ a stawbedy juice pwease Miss, and sowwy fo’ making a ruckus” she finished with a small bow to better express her apology.

“It’s all forgiven yeobo, just listen to your Unnie next time, ok?” said sweetly the stewardess while giving them their respective drinks.

“Now behave Chaeng, I don’t want to have to scold you again,” told Jennie while starting to eat the food in front of her, from the corner of her eye she noticed that Chaeng wasn’t touching her food but decided to ignore it for the moment in order to eat. When she finished her food, she took notice that Rosé’s food was still intact and asked for the reason, “’am not hungwy unnie” answered with a wavering voice the younger girl. Knowing she was surely lying due to her never saying no to food Jen proceeded to scoop some food from Chaeng’s plate and offer it to the girl with a silly voice “The food train is coming! Next stop Chaengie’s mouth! Choo-choo”, that made the Aussie’s spirit to lift, so she allowed Jennie to continue feeding her between giggles on account of her unnie’s silliness.

With their food finished and their tummies filled both girls laid back in their seats to relax and digest their food better, the relaxing moment didn’t last for long as Chaeyoung’s long-forgotten fear resurfaced due to not having a distraction anymore, luckily her unnie was beside her to keep her grounded and prevent the bad thoughts away. But even if Jennie was beside her the fear was still present and they were barely entering the second third of their flight, many things could happen on the remaining 7 or so hours of the flight and those thoughts would just not leave her alone, fogging everything else.

Jennie sensing that Rosé would surely have another crying fit if she didn’t do something quick proceeded to grab her and move her into her own seat to have a better grip for a hug in order to calm down the already shaking girl who was just seconds away from letting the waterworks free, in the time that took for Rosé to calm down enough to have her full attention Jennie kept thinking in what could they do so she wouldn’t have her head on the plane and the scariness this carried with it. The solution she was able to come up with was for both of them to watch a movie together. They'd do this while cuddling on her seat so Chaeyoung could have her mind on the movie but at the same time be able to have contact with her body to reduce the stress and anxiety.

“Hey Chaeng” called Jennie in a soft voice, “would you like to watch a movie with unnie? You can choose it and we’ll even cuddle while watching it, how does that sound?” she asked while keeping rubbing circles on Rosé’s back, whose face and whole body was buried against Jennie’s chest trying to get all the possible contact and warm out of her unnie’s body. Her response came a few seconds later in the form of a tiny nod against her chest and a pair of curious eyes looking at her, she went ahead and reposition both of their bodies with Rosé between her legs and her back pressed against her chest. All this so they would be in a comfier position to start their movie watching, once both of them were comfy enough Jennie put play to Chaeng’s election, “Beauty and the Beast”.


In the last few minutes of the movie Chaeyoung finally lost her battle against sleep, Jennie noticed about halfway that the Aussie was nodding off but kept fighting against it in order to keep watching the movie, once she was sure Chaeng wouldn’t wake up if she moved her, she laid her down on the seat and situated herself next to the sleeping girl's body and cuddle her before she too joining her off to dreamland.

They slept throughout the rest of the flight only waking up to have their next meal before the landing of the plane. Once they had arrived at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) and gather all their things they were taken to their hotel where they proceeded to get cleaned up after the 12+ hour flight they had just experienced. With Rosé still acting ’toddlerish’ the ordeal proved to be quite hard for Jennie, who had to get Chaeyoung showered and with clean clothes, before she was able to do it for herself, once it was Jennie’s turn to take a shower Chaeng started acting out again.

“NO ‘NNIE, NO GO. ‘TAY WIF ROSIE” exclaimed the younger girl while tugging at Jennie’s arm towards the bed making her sit down, if it were any other instance she would’ve indulged Rosé, but she felt grimy, tired, and really needed the shower to help relieve the stress from the trip so she made a deal with Rosé “Hey Rosie, how about you choose a movie to watch while I take a shower?”, but the response wasn’t the one expected, “NO, no wanna see ‘nother movie. Wanna be wif unnie” whined the blonde while making puppy eyes and pouting.

The pouty face won’t work this time, Rosie. But how about this, you choose a place to go or activity to do together while I take a shower and the rest of the day, I’m all yours” after getting an exciting positive answer she went to finally take her shower.

When she got out, she found a Rosie jumping from excitement, literally jumping on the bed, who had the amazingest coolest funniest plan for the day, her words not Jennie’s. Apparently, her plan included going to Disneyland to meet all the princesses and eat so much ice cream; she persuaded her to drop the visit to Disneyland under the premise of Lisa and Jisoo, being sad and feeling left out, this amazingly make her agree right away, so they settle for going out for ice cream and a visit to the Disney store instead, as their plan for the day.


The rest of their trip overseas turned out amazing, doing so many different things and meeting lots of amazing people, with Rosie regressing (as Jennie later found out was the right word to describe it) when they were together and had a bit more privacy.

Soon it was already time to get back to Korea, this time with a fully adult Rosé due to the anxiety of going back home to Lisa and Jisoo with a new facet of her discovered. Jennie was feeling just like Rosé, anxious after what Lisoo could think about this new phase of her and Chaeyoung’s relationship.

The flight back home was both uneventful and smooth, the time seemed to be on double speed because after they knew they were back in Korea waiting to be picked up and taken back to the dorm. The ride back home was the most nerve-wracking of their lives as they were anxious to see their friends once again, once they arrived and got their respective luggage they went to their apartment at a snail's pace, trying to postpone their arrival as long as they could.

As soon as Jennie and Rosé put a foot on the threshold the anxiety melted away for the moment, being replaced by excitement at seeing their friends once again after 3 weeks of them being overseas.

“Mandu! Pasta! Welcome back to Korea” said Jisoo hugging them, but Rosé got out from the hug quickly as she felt Lego rub against her leg just as Lisa came forward too, “Welcome back Jen” said the Thai while giving her a quick hug.

Hearing Lisa speak Rosé turned her head quickly in the direction of the voice before yelling “LALISA!” and running towards Lisa, seeing this, Lisa yelled back “CHAEYOUNG!”, getting herself ready for the oncoming hug and posterior jumping from both parties emanating joy at getting their best friend back.

“It seems they both missed each other a lot don’t you think so Jendeuk?” said Jisoo throwing her arm around Jennie’s shoulders, “Yeah, there were times where I thought Rosie would die without her buddy. But she seemed to enjoy herself back in LA” answered Jennie snuggling herself further in Jisoo’s embrace.

“Now that you mention it, how was your time there? Did you have lots of fun? And more importantly, did you miss me lots?” smirked Jisoo at the last question, but the response made the anxiety resurface in Jisoo’s body, “It was awesome and well spent our time there, we sure had lots of fun, and of course, I missed you lots, who wouldn’t miss your cute snores… But I need to talk with you about something that happened at the time that we were there. We realized something about one of our younger members” expressed Jennie with worry in her voice.