Chapter 9: Accumulative Stress

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

Accumulative Stress

The Sun Corporation Chairman had been discharge from the hospital. In the same time Park Hae-ryun and Shin Yu Shin were in the same hospital for their own businesses. The professor was there to visit his friend while Yu Shin was for a medical meeting. Both men happened to meet each other in the lobby.

"Park-seongsaengnim, nice to see you here." Yu shin greeted.

"Sin-uisanim." They shakes hands and talked a little, "You were here for a patient?"

"Anio, I had a meeting with my good friends. We talked about some thungs about our field. How about you?"

"I visited a friend." Someone had caught the professor's eyes.

"Wae?" The doctor asked before following his gaze. "You know him?"

Park Hae-ryun nods, "Lee Si-eun's brother. Older brother."

"De? Don't you like to him?"

"No. I'm sure he already knew what happened." he then exhaled.

"You still not getting in touch with your ex-wife."

"She must be busy."

"Same with Pi-young." Not for long, they saw Seo Ban standing not too far in the lobby waiting for someone. "Oh, its Uram- eomma's husband."

"De?" Hae-ryun looked at the way Yushin was looking. He then saw a tall and handsome man standin with one hand in his pocket wearing black suit and hair stylishly made. Not too long, the man extended its hand in a direction where in a familiar hand appeared to take it. It was Lee Si-eun. She took the hand that was extended by Seo Ban and locked it tightly to each other before walking out of the hospital. He saw him opened the door for Lee Si-eun before going to the driver seat. They followed the Chairman's car. "As expected."

"What do you mean?"

"I expected this to happened."

Because of curiousity, Shin Yu Shin and Park Hae-ryun ended to have some meal in a nearby cafe to talk about what the professor was saying earlier.

"Mwo? Uram-eomma was a heiress of Sun?"

"De. She was until she naively decided to choose me over her wealthy family." the professor took a sip on his cofee. "He surely accepted him knowing he came from a wealthy family too."

"Some things really doesn't go our way when it is our time."

"Have you talk to your daughter?"

"No. She rarely answers my messages too."

"Same here. Our kids doesn't even care unless I call them twice or thrice."

"They were surely have their hands full since they also have babies to attend to now."

Seo Ban and Lee Si-eun made sure that Lee Seok-jin was already settle with a private nurse and the housekeeper in the house befpre they have gone to the office to start Lee Si-eun duty as the temporary chairwoman of the family.

"I will pick you up later. Call me when you're done." Seo Ban said as he was walking his wife to the building entrance with Choi Min-seok.

"Are you sure you going to find to drive me back and firth everyday?" Si-eun asked her husband.

"Its the lease I can do for my wife." He then turned to Choi Min-seok. "Please take care of my wife for me."

"I will. Thank you for letting us borrow her for sometime."

Ban nodded before looking at Lee Si-eun, "See you later, Si-eun-a."

Hearing her name being called like that by her husband was always a sweet tune into her ears, "Ye, Seo Ban-nim."

At the university, Hae-ryun toom the initiative to talk to his daughter Hyanggi. He saw her walking in the hallway. Hyanggi took her father's offer for coffee. They went into a nearby cafe. Park Hae-ryun serves Hyanggi their orders and sat down.

"How are you?" he asked awkwardly while his hand was playing at the table.

"I am doing fine. How about you?" Hyanggi replied starightly.

"I'm good. I saw your mother and step father earlier at the hospital."

"You were at the hospital earlier? Why?"

"I just visited a friend. This is the first time I saw him."

"De? Him? Ah, appa." the young lady nodded blatantly before sipping on her drink.

"Appa?" Hae-ryun smirked in annoyance. "I haven't heard you call me that yet you were calling that man appa."

"Are you still on that page?"

"De?" he was annoyed but he doesn't want to have any commotion or provoke his daughter so he just sighed and took a sip on his coffee, "Ani, its nothing. I just want to hear from you. I couldn't reach you or Uram since your mother got married."

"We are busy with studies. Uram have weekend lessons too. Recreational lesson with Jia. We were enrolled by Uncle Dong-ma in horse back riding. Harabeoji also trying to involve us into their business' activities."

"You guys are really busy."

"We are."

"By the way, I heard that your mother gave birth."

"Didn't you asked Uram about that?"

"De. I was just surprised when I hard the news. I thought your mother is-"

"She was rewarded another miracle."

"Ah, yes."

"Are you thinking that eomma couldn't bear another child anymore?"

"With her age, I have to be honest, yes." his voice shifted into low one, "We wouldn't be divorced if she showed me she still can."

"Eomma have a lot to think about now. If you have anything to say to us just message me. Don't bother eomma about things about us."

"Wae? Did she tell you that I am bothering her?"

"Ani, its just the logical thing to do. Its not good if you keep calling eomma. Besides, as I said she have a lot on her plate now."

"She doesn't answer even if I call her. Whats the difference?"

"The difference is that eomma is married now and happy. Don't do anything that can give her stress just like you did before."

"Am I just a stress maker to you?"

"I'm just saying that you shouldn't bother her."

Paek Hae-ryun's emotion can't be subside by time. He seemed to have lost again against Lee Si-eun. He knew that she wouldn't teach her children to ignore their father, but it was hurting him that they choose to forget about him and live their lives as the children of their step-father. But this is not remotely happening to the professor because Shin Yu-sin feels the same.

Shin Yu-sin also can't get a hold of Jia whenever he wanted to. He can't meet her too. Its not like Sa Pi-young was telling their daughter not to, but Jia just don't want to because she was busy just like Uram and Hyanggi. The 3 children were getting well with each other. The fact that the Seo household went from all silent and stern to lively and full of love, it was something that the Chairman Seo was hoping since he offered them to live with him.

One more time, Shin Yu-sin tried and sent a message to Jia. He just wanted to be involve with his daughter's life even just a small portion of it as she was growing up now. Despite waiting for hours, Jia still hasn't replying at all. The only last thing he can do is to call Sa Pi-young and asked. The doctor dialed his ex-wife's number. Few more rings and she answered.

"Ah, yobeoseyo?" Shin Yu-sin started, "Pi-young-ssi."

"De?" Pi-young answered. She just put the babies to sleep. She was looking over them at their respective crates.

"Are you busy?"

"I just put the babies to sleep. Why?"

"Ah, sorry for bothering you."

"What is it?"

"I just, ah, about Jia."

"What do you mean?"

"Can't we go out? The 3 of us. Even for a lunch."

"Why would I eat with you? I have a husband to eat dinner with."

"Its not like that. I just want to see Jia."

"Then call her."

"Thats the problem, she doesn't reply nor call me back. I can't get a hold of her at all."

"She was busy with schools. Both her and Uram were cramping their time. They are in their sensitive period. Don't push her too much."

"Pushing her too much? I just want to see or hear my daughter's voice and you are saying I'm pushing her too much? Is this even fair?"

"What are you whining about? Its not like I was the one who doesn't like to talk to you."

Yu-sin exhaled to calm himself down, "Can't you tell her to call me? I just really miss her."

"I will when she goes home."

"Gumawo."

"Okay." she quickly ended the call.

"She didn't even ask if I still have something to say." Yu-sin mumbled to himself.

In the other side of the city, two women were talking about their life after everything that has happened. A-mi and Nam Ga-bin were in their usual meet up place and talking about their lives and so as letting out some steam about it.

"You seemed so displeased." Nam Ga-bin said.

"I don't really know what I am feeling." A-mi answered. "At times he would be so sweet and a perfect husband, and then next he would be sulking like a kid. Its not like I am not doing my part as a wife."

"There must be something that's triggering him. I thought you two are going to try having a baby?"

"We do. Or maybe its just me and he was just saying he would."

"Wae? You said he is sweet too."

"De, but there's something about him that doesn't seemed right. Or maybe I am overthinking things."

"Maybe the latter."

"Eonni, sometimes I feel that i have to go and contest towards his work. It doesn't help that Jia was also not seeing him."

"Mwo? Waeyo?"

"I don't know. The kid was probably busy with school since they are already in middle school. But the worst is, she really doesn't give him a call."

"It must have been the reason of his mood swings."

"But should he take it out on me? Its not like I am the one who's not calling him."

Ga-bin chuckles, "Seeing you complain like this feels like you are getting your hands full."

"You tell me. I am cooking everyday, but he still complain about the foods."

"You are still learning."

"I know. How about you eonni? Do you still not going out?"

"I do enjoy times with friends and colleagues but I'm not going on a date. Besides, I am old enough to just go on a blind date."

"You can't too. You are a celebrity."

"De. That's why I am immersing my with work."

"You have new musical?"

"We are preparing for it while finishing the run of the previous one."

"You are really in demand."

"I wish I could sing too. I missed doing shoots."

"Does your husband doesn't want you too?"

"He doesn't say anything. By the way, have you seen Park-seongsaengnim lately?"

"I don't. There's no reason to."

"He looked he aged a lot. I saw him in a cafe last time."

"Does he? He might be stress with his children too."

"The children are too sensitive. They must have a hard time getting along with their new family."

"Or it could be not the case." 

Lee Si-eun's day started with a lot of papers on her new office. Greeting the board of directors and meetings were all on her schedule on her first day. Choi Min-seok was doing everything he can to support Lee Si-eun and guide her to works that her brother left undone before having a leave of absence.

"How are you holding up on your first day?" Seok-jin asked his sister thru phone call.

"I don't know. I am still trying to understand every paper in your table." Si-eun answered.

"Its your table now."

"Ani. I don't want to claim something that is not mine."

It is really Lee Si-eun he was talking to in Seok-jin's mind, "You haven't change. You want me to help you with papers?"

"No. You rest. Stop thinking about your office for now. Don't you trust me?"

"Anio. I trust you so much I am afraid the whole company will choose you over me when I come back."

"Don't be ridiculous."

"What I am saying is you have to be careful. I know that you have lost touch about the company, but I also know that you can't just trust anybody but Choi Min-seok right now."

"I know. By the way, is the seniors still here? I haven't seen Hong-ssi."

"His son will take over. He was already on his last walk."

"Ahh, thats why."

"Are you done for the day?"

"De. Min-seok-ssi said I can do the others tomorrow."

"Tell him to drive you home."

"No need. My husband is going to pick me up."

"Are you sure? Doesn't he have work?"

"Ani. When he said he's going to pick me up, he will. Besides, I already called him. He was probably on the way."

"Is Choi Min-seok still with you?"

"De. He is organizing my schedules and paperworks for tomorrow." Seo Ban has arrived to pick her up. "Seo Ban is here. I will call you later."

"Okay. You don't need too. I will just talk to Min-seok when he comes home."

"Okay. Bye." Si-eun looked at her husband and smiled before standing up and took her bag. Seo Ban extended his hand to take her bag. "You're going to carry it?"

"De."

Si-eun smiled sweetly before taking her husband's free hand, "Gumawo." she turned to Min-seok, "We'd be going now, Min-seok-a"

"De. I will go too after this. I will send you your schedule later."

"Gumapseumnida."

The couple walked out of the building without letting go of each other's hand. Back at home, Si-eun toom her shoes off first. Her heels were cramping and a bit sore. She sat down on the edge of their bed while Seo Ban was changing his clothes.

"Does it hurt?" The husband asked.

Lee Si-eun is massaging her heel lightly, "A bit. I wore the heels all day and walk most of it."

"You should stay here. I'll get you dinner."

"De? Ah, you don't need to do that. Let me chabge and I will come down to join dinner."

"Anio. You stay here. I will get our food. I will join you."

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki