Love

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

The members of WO eyed the members of MO critically. They wondered why the Knight had called them to a meeting all of a sudden, wondering if he was about to respond to the commercial that was aired the day before.

Mihye cocked her head to the side and looked at the Knight who was sitting beside her. "What is the agenda of today's meeting?" she asked.

L.Joe brushed his bangs away from his face and looked at her. "The commercial, yesterday."

Mihye bit her lip. *Oh no here it comes.* she thought fearfully. *They're going to say that they don't like us threatening the men, and they're going to cut off our partnership. I just know it. And they're going to-*

"What happened?" L.Joe disrupted her thoughts. Mihye blinked. "Excuse me?"

"I'm asking what happened." L.Joe repeated. "Obviously something has happened for you to use such drastic measures to threaten the men. It's not that I agree with threatening, because some men may not take it well. But something big must have happened right? What is it?" he demanded.

Mihye gulped. "Nothing happened."

L.Joe gave her a look. "Don't give me any of that." he growled. "Something must have happened and I know it. It isn't like you to do something as rash as this. What caused it?"

Mihye looked at her fellow members for support. Jiyeon immediately spoke up. "The Queen wasn't lying. Nothing happened." she clarified. "We just thought it was a good step to warn the men not to take us for granted that's all. Nothing happened."

L.Joe frowned at her. "I quote from your commercial, 'we are not playthings, men'. And am I that stupid to believe that you guys will use your precious resources on a silly advert like that? Come on, spill."

Jiyeon tried to support their point again. "Nothing happened, really, Knight sshi." she convinced. "We had planned this for a long time now and since we had gathered enough funds, we thought we might do it. As you know the media is a strong way of communication and we hope to send our message as clear as possible to the entire nation." she was babbling and she knew it, but she hoped they'd buy the story.

Chunji nodded. "I think we should believe Miss Dinosaur." he piped up. "I mean, they would tell us if something happened, right?"

Jiyeon nodded, thankful for Power Voice's help.

L.Joe decided to let it pass for the moment, but he didn't believe a word of it. He looked at Mihye again. "So how are the progress coming on? Have you gathered enough signatures to support the law of maternity leave?"

Mihye shook her head. "We're still in the progress of that one."

L.Joe raised his brows. This topic had been brought up over a month ago and the girls haven't gotten it done. From what he knew of these girls, and especially the Queen, they did everything with utmost efficiency. They don't delay anything, and they know the urgency of such matters.

Something must have cropped up to divert their attention.

All of a sudden, Hyomin's phone buzzed with a message. She read it and paled visibly, meeting the eyes of the other members. Mihye understood what happened and immediately stood up. "I'm afraid we have to go-"

"No." L.Joe stood up and towered above her. "You're not going anywhere."

"Excuse me?" Mihye gaped. "I just said that we have to go-"

"Yes I heard you. And no I'm not letting you go." L.Joe muttered. "Until you tell me what the hell is the problem has your organization has run into. You're leaving because the problem cropped up again right? I'm not letting you leave again like the last time."

"Knight. Please." Mihye pleaded.

L.Joe ignored her and strode towards Hyomin, snatching her phone away. "Hey!" Hyomin protested and tried to grab for her phone, but Niel held her back. L.Joe scrolled the message and read, a frown imprinting itself on his face.

"What does it mean by 'there's another one'?" he demanded. "Please come quick. She's emotionally unstable right now." he read. He slammed the phone on the table and glared at the girls.

"Spill. Now." he demanded.

The girls whimpered and Mihye sighed. She slowly met L.Joe's gaze as she began telling all that had happened. From the first case involving Eunjung to now Hwayoung, and now a new victim called Soyeon. She made the men swore not to reveal the girls' names, which they did and somehow, she trusted them.

L.Joe's frown grew deeper and deeper as Mihye spoke, and he massaged his temples rhythmically. When Mihye finished, he looked at her with an incredulous expression. "You mean to say this has been happening for such a long time and you don't bother to tell us?"

Mihye pinked. "Well, you're men-"

"On your side." L.Joe finished. "We're in this together. We want women to have equal rights too or we won't be doing this." he sighed and looked at Mihye. "I know you're called the Queen and all, but sometimes it's okay to depend on someone else you know? You're just going to tire yourself if you choose to carry all that burden without any help." he said pointedly.

Mihye took a sharp intake of breath.

She remembered the similar words someone else had told her.

 

"Wait let me finish." Mihye insisted.

Mihye and L.Joe were sitting on the bed in her room.

"I just want to thank you for bringing me back here. I missed my parents a lot. I'd be lying if I say I didn't think of them everyday. And I know you're really busy at work, but you took time off for me. Don't need to lie Byunghun oppa, I saw how you had thirty seven missed calls and more than a hundred messages, and how you had to off your phone to keep it from bothering you."

She smiled at him, meeting his eyes. "Thank you for doing this for me, Byunghun oppa."

L.Joe sighed and reached out to caress her cheek. "It's nothing. I'm sorry for not bringing you home earlier." he muttered. "And it's really okay if you need someone else to depend on. It's okay."

The familiar speech made Mihye's eyes water as she thought about her husband. At that moment, it seemed clearer to her than ever who she liked more between the two.

With the Knight, she was forever curious. The mask hid his face, his identity. She was forever guessing when she was with him, and the future they hold together was a huge question mark.

She had been infacuated with him at one point, but now that she looked back at it, she wondered if it was because she was plain curious. She had always been a curious person, and was that what had fueled her interest in the Knight?

But with her husband, she could really feel what it felt like to be happily married and living an ordinary life. She had woken up that one night when she was sick and L.Joe had hugged her to sleep. She had been shocked at first, but she remained silent.

Because now that she could think clearly, she knew. She liked to be in his arms. She liked to have him protect her, despite being the independent woman she was that refused all sort of help. She wanted to be kissed by him, which was why they would have very nearly did it that night in her room if he hadn't had that much self control.

The truth was plain and simple, but all the more magical.

She loved him, Lee Byunghun, her husband.

She gulped and forced herself to continue with the meeting as L.Joe discussed of ways to locate the Rain guy and how to nab the culprits.

There was nothing she wanted more at that moment but to go home.