Miss Apple

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

Mihye read the instructions on the booklet carefully. "So all I have to do is purchase the application on my phone. The password is my room number." she read.

She took her iphone and downloaded the application, tapping her fingers on her lap as patience got the better of her. Finally when the app was downloaded, she read the booklet again. "And I have to make an account,  fill in the country I'm from, and then I can have random conversations with guests staying in the hotel!" she clapped.

She bit her lip in thought for a while, before filling in her ID as Miss Apple, and submitting it. It was her family joke really, her father always called her Miss Apple when she was young because she had such an obsession with that red fruit. Her account was made and Mihye punched her fist in the air.

She looked at who's online at the moment, wondering how to start a conversation with someone whom she doesn't even know the same language as, when her phone vibrated.

You have a message from L.Joe

Mihye blinked. *L.Joe? What a stupid name.* she laughed, but feeling glad to have someone to talk to.

 


To: Miss Apple

Hi(:

From: L.Joe



To: L.Joe

Hi back

From: Miss Apple


 

 L.Joe brightened when he received the message. He didn't think any of the other guests in the hotel would be lame enough to reply to such messages in the middle of the night when they were in all so awesome Paris.

 


To: Miss Apple

Hey Apple, you're the only korean I can find in here. Why did you call yourself Miss Apple anyway? What a weird name. Shouldn't you at least try to get a cooler name like Katy Perry or Angelina Jolie?

From: L.Joe



To: L.Joe

I don't see the point of acting like someone else other than yourself, even though no one can see you on the virtual world. That's cheating yourself, isn't it?
And your id isn't that marvellous either, Mister L.Joe sshi.

From: Miss Apple


 

The corners of L.Joe's lips twitched up in a smile. *What an intriuging girl. I never met someone so direct before.* he thought, laughing lightly.

 


 To: Miss Apple

True. But isn't that the appeal of the virtual world. If you can't be that someone you desire to be in real life, you can at least fufil half your dreams by being him or her in the virtual world.
And hey, L.Joe's cool like that.

From: L.Joe


 

Mihye raised her brows. "Is he challenging me?" she muttered. She grinned as she typed a reply. She liked to have friends that questioned her beliefs, instead of just agreeing to what she said.

 


To: L.Joe

Isn't that person just a coward then? Not brave enough to be that someone in real life, and only doing it when no one knows it's him. What's the point then?
And Mister L.Joe sshi, are you challenging the Apple?

From: Miss Apple



To: Miss Apple

Why yes in fact I am challenging you, Miss Apple. And it seems you've won for now.
Let's battle it out again!

From: Amused L.Joe


 

Mihye laughed and typed a reply. Both of them forgot their tiredness and continued texting each other, wondering who the other party looked like, when in fact they were just in the next room.

 

 

 

L.Joe woke up the next day with his phone still in his hands. He realized that it was the first time he had ever talked to a girl for such a long time. Maybe it was because they communicated through the phone, but this was the first girl that didn't give him brainless replies nor did she squeal her head off at his face.

He smiled, marveling at the new friendship that could have been born. He got dressed and went out of his room to their suite's living room. He opened Mihye's door slightly and saw that she was still asleep. He vaguely wondered if he should bring her around Paris instead, since he had been there for a few times already. He shook his head. *Nah. She can manage.*

He went out without a care in the world.

Mihye on the other hand, was sleeping soundly until the vibration from her phone woke her up rudely. She frowned and squinted at the words.

 


To: Miss Apple

Morning Apple! I hope it's not inconvenient to text you now.
I was wondering if you could suggest any next breakfast locations here.

From: L.Joe


 

Mihye scowled briefly and sat up, tumbling out of bed, going to the washroom.

 


To: L.Joe

Dear Mister L.Joe sshi, if it didn't occur to you, yes I was still sleeping because SOMEONE apparently talked to me till 3am last night and it's only 8am in the morning, and YES it is inconvenient.
And why are you asking me when you're the one who's been to Paris before, not me. Well according to my research, pretty much any Boulangerie Patisserie would have some wonderful pastries. You can try that.

From: Miss Apple



To: Miss Apple

Well usage of sarcasm there, Miss Apple.
Did you forget? It's Paris! Don't need to thank me for waking you up on such a beautiful day.
Sounds like a great idea, I'm craving for pastries as well.
Hey I've got an idea, Apple. Why don't we give each other five places to visit or things to do and we have to take pictures of them as proof. We'll send to each other at the end of the day. How about that?

From: L.Joe



To: L.Joe

Sounds like a good idea. Call.

From: Miss Apple


 

L.Joe grinned, thinking of the most ridiculous things for her to do. That was, until he saw the list she sent him.

"Awww man!" he could only laugh bitterly to himself. "I got owned by Apple!"

 

1. Go to Cathédrale Saint-Maclou de Pontoise and take a picture of the priest drinking strawberry milk.

2. Take a video of a French babe saying "L.Joe is Jjang!"

3. Go to the Eiffel Towel and take a picture of it while doing a head stand in the middle of the crowd.

4. Go to The Louvre, an extensive art gallery, and draw a picture of the three pigs and the wolf. Put it beside a renowned painting and take a picture, noting the stark contrast.

5. Easiest: Find 5 Korean related things here in Paris and take a picture.

 

L.Joe shook his head and trudged to the nearest store to get strawberry milk. "This girl." he chuckled to himself, where smiling was the only thing he could do about his own dug grave.