Their Honeymoon

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

It was awkwardly quiet.

L.Joe peeked at Mihye from the corner of his eye and saw that she had plugged in her green earphones and was reading a book, not even bothering about him. He frowned, slightly put off at her cold behavior but only concluding that it must be the shock of the marriage.

He sighed, wondering how he was going to survive the twelve hour long flight.

He cleared his throat in an attempt to clear the one sided awkwardness he was feeling as well, when Mihye took off her earphones to look at him. "I realize I haven't gotten to know where we're going for our honey moon." she blinked.

L.Joe had to smile at her confused expression. "I hope you like France. We're going to Paris."

Mihye's eyes grew wide and L.Joe could see her trying to fight off the excitement in her expression. She bit her lips, but the smile was still evident on her face. "Oh. I always wanted to go there." she whispered in a awed voice.

L.Joe was amused how she could look cold when she was reading by herself, but suddenly change into an easily satisfied and curious child in a matter of seconds. "Yeah. You'll like it there. It's a beautiful place." he nodded.

Sensing that there wasn't any more things to say, Mihye gave him a final smile, turning back to her book and plucking her earphones back in her ear. L.Joe frowned slightly and pouted at the darned book that had stolen his wife's attention from him.

He raised his brows and turned away to hide his disgust when he saw the title of the book.

*What? Twillight?* he grimaced. *I thought she'd have better taste than read about Vampires that sparkle in the sun.* he rolled his eyes.

Mihye glanced at him and saw him making disgusted expressions by himself after peeking at her book. She smiled. She settled back to reading, making sure that the fake "Twillight" cover was sticking onto her soft cover book firmly, to hide the original title of the book she was reading.

Gender Inequality and it's Origin.

That's what she was reading. But she couldn't really show her husband that she had such interests, it would just scare him away. And her identity as the Queen of the Organization was a secret too.

It's best that she remained a foolish bimbo in L.Joe's eyes.

L.Joe on the other hand, after getting over the fact that his wife was actually reading Twillight, noted that a man that was sitting adjacent to them was sneaking peeks at his wife. Mihye was completely unaware that someone was looking at her, and was absorbed in the book.

L.Joe frowned, clearing his throat, showed fourth finger with that had the metal band curled around it proudly. The man immediately diverted his gaze and looked everywhere but at L.Joe and the latter celebrated his silent victory.

That was what L.Joe had THOUGHT of doing.

But he shrugged the idea off. *Who checks her out and who she wants to date is none of my business anyway.* he told himself. *She's a free woman and I'm a free man.* he settled back in his seat, closing his eyes for a moment before the air stewardess came with drinks and snacks.

Mihye's eyes opened slightly when she heard the air stewardess ask L.Joe if he wanted a drink. She noted how the air stewardess was constantly flicking her hair and bending down to show her cleavage, battling her eyelashes in an irritating manner.

Mihye frowned, displeased. She was suddenly aware of the side effects of having such a gorgeous husband.

She was greatly repulsed by the woman's behavior but was even more disgusted that L.Joe didn't do anything to reject her advances. He just didn't respond, that's all.

What she didn't know was that almost all women L.Joe came into contact with treated him like that, that's why he didn't think it was anything strange. He thought it was normal behavior for them and just acted normally like he always did.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head when L.Joe turned to ask her if she wanted anything to drink. She closed her eyes and put her book away, unable to read another word. *I hope this six months pass soon.*

 


Mihye's eyes were large when they arrived at the hotel they were staying at.

It was called Hotel Bristol Paris and it looked like what the past Queens and Kings of France would have resided in. It was ridiculously large and fancy looking, with incricate designs on the wall and large chandeliers on the ceiling.

Mihye followed L.Joe, pulling her luggage into the hotel, as he went straight to the reception to get their keys. She was particularly impressed when there were different receptions that served guests that came from different countries so there wouldn't be any language barrier.

L.Joe chuckled lightly when he saw her play with her fingers nervously and her legs crossed and uncrossed while she stood by him, clearly not used to such a grand setting.

"Yes. I would like two beds in the suite please." L.Joe nodded. "The royal suite if possible. And please do not tell my parents about the extra bed. I'll pay extra." he bargained with the receptionist.

Mihye just amused herself by looking at the various signboards and advertisement boards in the hotel lobby. Her eyes fell on the room rate chart and she blinked, pinching herself.

L.Joe heard her take a large intake of breath and gasp. "What?" she whispered, darting over to him, looking around. "A room per night costs a million and hundred seventy nine thousand won? That's insane!" She looked at the hotel receptionist seriously.

"We're not taking the rooms. Thank you." She bowed and was prepared to lug her luggage away when L.Joe grabbed the keys from the receptionist's hands and pulled Mihye with him. "I'm not used to any other bed except for beds in this hotel so just deal with it." he said with amusement in his voice.

Mihye found herself shaking her head until she reached the door of their suite, finding it an utter waste of money when this could be used as fund for the Women Organization's activities and plans. L.Joe opened the door and Mihye immediately threw all her complaints and grumbles about the use of the money away.

It was hella beautiful.

There were many ornaments and incricate decorations that lit the place, resulting in a very oriental feel. It looked lovely and cozy, like one's home instead of a hotel, but at the same time not losing it's feel of luxury.

"I'll take the room on the right and you can have the one on the left." he gestured. "Any questions?" Mihye shook her head. L.Joe nodded and took his luggage. "Alright. Then goodnight. See you again when we return back to Korea." he shut the door.

Mihye wrinkled her nose and stuck it high in the air. "Humph! I don't need you to bring me around. I can survive very well myself thank you very much." she went into her room and slammed the door.

 

 

"I'm bored."

Both L.Joe and Mihye muttered from their respective rooms.

It was ten at night, and both of them were already dressed in their pyjamas but sleep wasn't coming to them. Partly because of the time difference, and partly because they already slept their fill in the plane.

L.Joe sighed and threw the remote control on the couch, plopping himself on the couch dejectedly. "There isn't even anything I can understand on tv!" he grumbled. "What is this! I should have learned french!"

He took a pillow and hugged it. "Aiiish this is my honeymoon! I should be having a passionate night instead of a boring one like this!" he exclaimed. He rolled onto his stomach and buried his face in the soft mattress. "Too bad this is just a scam marriage. Ahhh! I'm dying of boredom!"

He kept rolling around on the bed like a school kid, making all female hearts swoon if they ever got to see the scene. Finally, he decided to read one of the magazines they provided in the hotel, or rather, stare at the pictures and not understand what they're writing, when he caught sight of the hotel room service booklet.

His eyes fell on one of the interesting services of the hotel. "Hey. I can try that." he muttered to himself.