Birthday Date Part 2

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

"Woahh. Did you prepare all this?" Mihye blinked in surprise.

They were at the local park, and L.Joe had made sure they had the best spot under the tree reserved for what he had in mind that day. He prepared a cute picnic not with expensive food but thing he thought she would like. Street food from Hongdae that she would be used to.

There were two bikes, in case they wanted to go riding any time soon. But what really made everything magical was the pink balloons that hung on the tree, and pink rose petals scattered all around the grass. Everything looked like it just popped out from a fairytale, so romantic and dreamlike.

"I would have liked to say that I made these food, but no." L.Joe reddened. "I phoned the stall owners in Hongdae to make me these last night. I'm sorry I only found out it was your birthday yesterday, Mihye. I'm your husband, I should have known."

"And you prepared all these in just these few hours?" Mihye gasped in surprise. "Did you even sleep?" it was then that she noticed the dark circles under his eyes.

"Yeah." L.Joe responded, but Mihye was highly doubtful about it. She smiled up at L.Joe and gave him a hug. "Gomawo Byunghun oppa. It's really nice of you." she whispered against his chest.

L.Joe wrapped his arms awkwardly around her and her hair. "It's what I have to do. We're married aren't we?"

"But not for real though." Mihye blinked at him.

It was the first time L.Joe felt a certain regret towards this topic. He shifted uneasily and looked at her. "But we're still married in the eyes of the law aren't we?" he smiled softly.

Mihye beamed at him and plopped herself down on the mat on the grass. She clapped happily. "I'm ready to eat Byunghun oppa!" L.Joe chuckled and shook his head in amusement.

 

 

"Woohoooo~" Mihye laughed and spread her hands out. L.Joe and her were sitting on one of the special traits of the park: the Couple Water Bicycle. Somehow, it didn't seem awkward that they were sitting on such a romantically intended ride. It just felt right.

L.Joe smiled when he saw Mihye beaming at him. The smile just came. He couldn't keep it away.

"Hey. You're making me do all the work!" L.Joe teased, pretending to be tired from pedaling them around the lake. Mihye wrinkled her nose and made a face. "Fine. Let me show you some girl power Byung hun oppa!"

Mihye made L.Joe stop pedaling and her skinny and pretty legs began working extra hard as she pedaled them around the lake. To L.Joe's surprise, she was rather strong, more strong than he would have given her credit for. She looked so skinny and petite sometimes.

"Girls are strong too Byunghun oppa!" Mihye huffed and puffed as she tried her best. The physical work was obviously getting to her as she panted and her face started growing increasingly red from the work out. L.Joe shook his head in amusement and pinched her cheek. "Arraso. You can stop now. Can't have the birthday girl faint from exhaustion." he grinned.

Mihye made a face and slumped back on her seat, fanning herself. She puffed her cheeks out as she took deep breaths, and the view just looked insanely cute.

L.Joe even noted some other guys that were together with their girlfriends on the water bicycles snuck peeks at Mihye when their girlfriends weren't looking. That annoyed L.Joe greatly and he sent all of them glares. *Just when I thought with the couple shirt, this wouldn't happen.* he scowled to himself.

He caught his expression when Mihye turned towards him, and he put on his best smile again. He began pedaling them both at a slower pace as the gentle breeze blew, sending cooling waves on their perspiration covered skin. *Is now the time?* he thought curiously. Mihye and him were just enjoying the ride like a pleasant old couple, and the feeling seemed just right.

L.Joe nodded to himself and he took out a rectangular box from his pocket. "Mihye ah." he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uhm. Happy Birthday." he shoved the box into her hands a little too roughly for his liking.

Mihye blinked at the box.  "Is this...a present for me?" a wide smile came onto her face as she looked at him. L.Joe reddened and he hoped she would think it was the effect from the sun. "Hn." he grunted in response.

Smiling, Mihye slowly unwrapped the blue packaging and opened the box. Inside, laid a beautifully crafted silver necklace, that was decorated with tiny diamonds that Mihye highly doubted was fake. The pendant was a letter "M" for Mihye, looking girly yet grand at the same time.

"This is...beautiful." Mihye gasped. She turned to look at him with wide eyes. "You shouldn't have!"

L.Joe bit his lip. "Someone told me that you don't really need to give expensive gifts to make someone happy. Just something sincere would do." he recalled what Miss Apple told him. "But I hope you'll accept this. I think it suits you really well and I'd like to see you doll yourself up too. You don't always have to think for me, and try to save money for me. It doesn't matter if you spend on clothes and bags and shoes. You can pamper yourself once in a while, Mihye."

"But this is too much." Mihye whispered in awe.

L.Joe shook his head. "No it isn't." he muttered. He took the necklace from her hands. "Let me put it on for you." he moved closer to her and looped the necklace round her slender neck. Mihye lifted her hair up so that it was easier for him, and L.Joe had a clear view of her fair and smooth skin.

He gulped and hooked the necklace, his fingers brushing against her skin and sending tingles down her spine. L.Joe caught a whiff of her smell and closed his eyes. *Damn. She smells good.* He shook his head to clear his thoughts and backed away, hoping that the strange feeling would pass soon.

Mihye turned to him and sent him a wide smile. "Thank you Byunghun oppa. I'm really happy you brought me out today even though you didn't need to." she confessed. "Thank you so much." Her fingers touched the necklace softly.

L.Joe nodded stiffly, entranced by the sight in front of him.

The clouds had roamed the sky and covered the originally bright glare of the sun. The light was gentle now and so was the wind. Mihye's hair flew gently in the breeze, and flapped around her face. Her eyes were large and grateful, bright and full of life. Her cheeks were tinted pink, mirroring L.Joe's own, making her look adorable.

Her lips... Oh man do I have to start on her lips?

They were pink and luscious and completely kissable as they curled into that pretty smile of hers.

L.Joe shook his head again. His heart was thumping fast in his chest which was utterly strange. It didn't even do that when he was with his dancing girl, the Queen. He hadn't felt anything like this before and it was completely foreign to him, not that it was a bad feeling. In fact, he liked it.

Flustered, L.Joe turned away and grunted a response which he couldn't remember making, trying to calm himself down. He was thrown off by the sudden surge of emotions that came suddenly from nowhere, and he couldn't identify them at all.

He was suddenly thrown off his thoughts. As in literally. Thrown into the water.

Another couple who were pedaling on their water bicycle suddenly crashed into theirs, and both Mihye and L.Joe were thrown into the lake. Luckily for them, the lake was rather shallow and there weren't any sharp rocks on the bottom of the lake.

L.Joe immediately scrambled up and held his hand out to Mihye. The other couple was apologizing furiously to them and he shook his head, telling them it was okay.

Mihye surfaced from the water, looking like she just took a bath, water droplets dripping down her face. She took L.Joe's hand gratefully as he hauled her up into a standing position, and pulled them both towards the land. He was about to look back at her to ask if she was okay, when he caught sight of her drenched look.

Damn. Did girls look so adorable when they were wet from head to toe too?

L.Joe immediately shifted his gaze and swallowed hard. *. Something is wrong with me today.*