as you have mine

moonlight

bodyguard/idol au.


 

“you almost broke his arm!”

 

“he was taking inappropriate pictures of you!”

 

inside the dressing room of wendy son lies a squabbling pair, neither willing to back down after the incident that happened just outside the building. the blonde singer is well known for her outstanding vocals alongside her kindhearted temperament — seeing her yell at her bodyguard, however, would make one eat their words. 

 

stubborn glares are exchanged between the two; her bodyguard is adamant that she merely did it to protect her and while the idol agrees, she doesn’t think that much violence was necessary.

 

“you could’ve seriously hurt him, joohyun!” she snarls, “you should’ve left it to security!”

 

joohyun folds her arms across her chest with a loud scoff, traces of anger are hinted in her voice as much as she tries to speak calmly. “i was doing my job, seungwan. wouldn’t want daddy’s little princess to get hurt, do we?”

 

the idol’s eyebrows stitch into a frown when the nickname pops up — she hates it, and joohyun knows that. grinding down on her teeth, seungwan jabs a finger towards the door.

 

out.

 

the bodyguard rolls her eyes, “i’m not going anywhere.”

 

“out, i don’t want to talk to you now.”

 

joohyun clicks her teeth sharply and crosses over to a couch in the corner of the dressing room — it’s her way of offering a compromise without letting seungwan leave her sight. the idol ignores her for the entirety of the day, which is something that joohyun was fine with at the start but not now, not when they’ve gotten so much closer.

 

seungwan being too kind for her own good is a known fact, though many people are reluctant to admit that it is a flaw. joohyun initially thought it was just an act that she puts up for the sake of her reputation but after spending days with her for months on end, she can confirm that the idol is as gentle as they say she is. still, it’s infuriating when things like these happen; fans overstepping boundaries is a pretty common occurrence and joohyun has no problem with putting them in their place, but seungwan is always adamant about her not being so thuggish , or so she says.

 

but the middle-aged man that stuck out in a sea of young women hardly seemed like a fan, even lesser when joohyun spotted his phone slipping under seungwan’s skirt, so what’s wrong with tackling him and giving him a well-deserved punch?

 

granted, it’s not the best image for an idol to have a violent bodyguard but if joohyun can do her job of protecting her then seungwan’s manager can do her job of handling the consequences. whatever it is, she has no doubt that seungwan’s kind-heartedness will sway the hearts of the public and there won’t be any severe damage to her reputation.

 


 

needless to say, the ride home is filled with a deadly silence and joohyun tries her best to ignore it. seungwan can be mad for all she cares, she did her job and that’s that.

 

ensuring that the idol is home safe and sound, joohyun promptly turns to leave but is quickly stopped by seungwan.

 

“you’re not even going to say goodnight?”

 

the bodyguard freezes in her step, not expecting her to adhere to their usual routine. with a slow exhale, she speaks just loud enough for seungwan to hear without turning. 

 

“goodnight.”

 

she waits for the door to close shut behind her, but the familiar beeping of the electronic lock doesn’t echo through the empty hallway like it always does.

 

swivelling around, she catches the idol staring longingly at her from the doorway. the only thing seungwan has to do is widen the door ever so slightly and joohyun knows what she wants instantly.

 

“you have an early morning tomorrow.”

 

seungwan nods but disregards her words, “i sleep better with you around.”

 

“thought you didn’t want to talk to me.” joohyun quips, “maybe it’s better if i go home tonight.”

 

the pout that appears on the blonde’s face is enough to melt away any trace of anger, joohyun feels her heart swaying the moment she speaks.

 

“i hate being upset at you, can you stay so we can talk?”

 

and that’s how joohyun finds herself in the bed of wendy son, limbs tangled and bodies pressed so tightly that there’s barely any space between them. seungwan is apologetic — that much joohyun can tell, but what she isn’t aware of is the real reason behind her outburst earlier.

 

“i’m sorry, i shouldn’t have yelled at you.” seungwan whispers, her croaked voice breaking the silence that they’ve settled into.

 

joohyun pulls her a little closer, running a soothing hand down the idol’s back as she speaks, “i’m sorry too, i went too far. i was pissed that he even tried to do that to you, let alone think that he could get away with it.”

 

with seungwan’s face pressed into the crook of her neck, it’s hard to make out her incoherent mumbling, but joohyun manages to catch a sentence — i was worried he would hurt you.

 

“yah… do you have that little faith in me?” joohyun softens her voice in an attempt to lighten the tension that has unconsciously built up in the air.

 

“i saw the pocket knife that he dropped, hyun. i was scared. ” 

 

hearing the crack in her voice makes her heart ache, joohyun presses a gentle kiss to the crown of her head. “while you were taking singing classes, i was disarming my brothers who were twice my size.” she reassures gently, “i know what i’m capable of, you don’t have to worry.”

 

the idol nods slowly, peeling herself away from joohyun’s hold to push herself up. the moonlight falls on her face perfectly and seungwan is allowed a good look at her protector. with a feathered touch, the idol traces her features with a gentleness that only joohyun is able to experience.

 

“promise me?” she pleads quietly while thumbing her cheek lightly, to which joohyun agrees with a firm nod.

 

“anything for you, princess.”

 

with a soft chuckle, seungwan sighs in defeat, “you know i hate that nickname.”

 

“like it or not, you’re my princess.”

 

“cheesy,” seungwan laughs, “i’m glad i get to see this side of you.”

 

a smile forms on her lips but joohyun shakes her head firmly, “i should be the one who’s glad, your fans would kill to be in my spot.”

 

“well, i can assure you that there’s no competition.” seungwan leans in close, merely inches away from her bodyguard’s, “you have my heart, bae joohyun.”

 

a quick yank of her collar leads seungwan to fall on joohyun, and the latter makes the most of the chance by pressing their lips together. they savour in the bliss of a brief kiss before parting with pleased smiles. seungwan returns to her warm little nest consisting of blankets and joohyun’s arms and almost falls into a slumber instantly.

 

just as she begins to drift off, she catches one last whisper leaving the lips of her lover.

 

“as you have mine, son seungwan.”