That Should Be Me (Gyulsun/Chaegyul)

Fromis_9 One Shot Collection

Gyuri was disappointed when he saw Jisun was with another guy. At first he did not believe it. It was only a rumour. He still remembers how his friend, Hayoung told him about it.

 


" I saw Jisun go out with another guy yesterday at the mall, I was with Jiwon, at first I don't believe it too but Jiwon greeted them and it was her,"

 

Gyuri was reviewing for his test that will be held tomorrow when Hayoung told him about it. He stop and look at Hayoung, with furrowed eyebrows.

 

" Did you broke up with her?" Hayoung asked.

 

Gyuri look away and continued his activity early then he shook his head without replying to Hayoung's question.

 


" Then who is that guy? They seem close," he asked again.

 

" I don't know, maybe her friend or -- I don't know Hayoung-ah," he tried to denied it. 

 


Hayoung was concerned about his friend. He looks fine outside but he was sure he is not fine inside.

 


" Let's have some fun after our test tomorrow," he said, trying to cheer him up. 

 


Gyuri just nodded. He has a lot of thought now. He knew he made a mistake but it's not a big mistake though. It's not like he cheated or something like that. The only mistake he made was neglecting Jisun for a month. But, it's not his intention. He was busy. Assignments and projects need to be done by him. He also does a part time work because becoming a college student means a lot of money needs to be used.

 

Also, it's not like he didn't tell her before about it. He has informed her. Then, after the month passed Gyuri gave his full attention to Jisun again but this is where their relationship started to crack. It's Jisun that is not giving him the attention. Gyuri just shrugged it off. Thinking that maybe Jisun is also busy like himself before, so he tries to understand her.

 

 

" We should go back to the class," Gyuri said as he was packing his thing. 

 

They both were at the library. Gyuri and Hayoung are trying to study for the test tomorrow.

 

" Right," Hayoung replied and did the same. 

 

They left the library and headed to their class.

 

 


However, it doesn't seem like that when Gyuri saw with his two own eyes that Jisun is holding hands with another guy that he never saw before. 

 


Gyuri was there alone because his girlfriend said she don't have a time for that day and it's seem like it was a lie. Gyuri leave that place after that.
.

.

.

.


Gyuri:
If you have some free time, let's talk.

 

Jisun:
Sure, I do have free time today, how about after class? 4pm? The park we always go to?

 

Gyuri:
Alright, see you there later.

.

.

.

.


Gyuri is waiting for Jisun to come. He sat at one of the benches at the park.

 

" Hey," 

 

Finally the person he is waiting for is there.


" Hey, take a seat," he said and patted the empty spot beside him.


Jisun sit. 

" So..," Gyuri started the conversation.

 

" So?" Jisun asked.


Gyuri gulped, trying to find the courage. He takes a deep breath and releases it.

 

" So, about our relationship, do you perhaps still want to keep it or?"

 


" Let's break up Gyuri," she stated clearly and loud enough for him to hear.

 


" Jisun ah, w-we can fix our relationship, please don't say that, I promise that I'll give my 100% attention to you, I'll do anything that you want me to, just please don't break up with me, I still love you," he pleaded.

 

 

But Jisun shook her head. 


" No, this won't work, I lost my feeling to you when you neglected me," 

 


" B-but it's not my intention Jisun, you know how busy I am right? I know it's my mistake, will you give me another chance?" 

 

 

" No Gyuri, you can't force me to be in a relationship with you when I already lost it, I love someone else now, so it's better for us to separate," she said.

 

Gyuri can't say anything now. His lips are glued together. 

 

 

" I need to go now," Jisun got up and about to leave but Gyuri said something.

 

" You know what? You're so selfish Jisun, you are seeing that guy before that thing happened, you only used that to make it seem like I'm the one that is at fault when in fact you already cheated on me way before," Gyuri said in a cold tone. 

 

 

" Do you think I haven't seen you with that guy before? I have Jisun, several times, you, holding hands with that guy when you're still in a relationship with me, it's breaking me Jisun, and what did you do? Break up with me without telling me any of that, good thing huh?" He continued.

 

Jisun's lips are sealed. Gyuri takes a last glance at her then he leaves.

 

 


" You're okay?" a soft voice asked.


Gyuri looks up and realises that it's a girl standing in front of him, with a worried face.

 

" Yeah," he said. 

 

" You seem like you need this," she said and handed a handkerchief.


He slowly took it from her and wiped his tears away. 
" Thanks," he said.

 

" Rough day huh? It's rare to see a guy crying,"


Yes, Gyuri cried after he left. He goes to his favourite hiding place and cries alone there. He doesn't expect that another person will come especially a girl. It kinda makes him feel embarrassed.


" Yeah, I got cheated," 

 

" Same here," she naturally sits beside him.


Gyuri turned his head to that girl. That girl just grinned at him.


" Well, by the way I'm Jang Gyuri and you?" 


" I'm Lee Chaeyoung," 


Gyuri smiled, " Nice to meet you,"

 

" Nice to meet you too,"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

5 years later~


" What are you thinking about?" 


" Nothing, just reminiscing about the time where we first meet,"

 


" Oh! The day where I caught you sobbing?" she teased.

 

The guy just rolled his eyes.

" But I'm glad that I met you, if I don't meet you maybe I'll become a sad boy forever," he said and pulled his girlfriend into a hug.

 

" Me too," she said.

 

They both smiled at each other. 
" I love you Lee Chaeyoung,"

 

" I love you too Jang Gyuri,"

 

Gyuri closed the gap between them.