The Ring

Please guide me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[[CONTENTID1] The Ring [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 17 [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

 

Taehyung woke up.

He felt Jungkook next to him and heard his steady breathing. He was still asleep.

Eyes not yet fully open, he d blindly for his cell phone on the small desk. He grabbed it.

He dialed a number.

It rang.

"Hello?"

"Is he better?" he asked his uncle. He felt Jungkook move.

"Yes, he's doing better. He will be discharged this afternoon. Can you pick him up, son?"

"Of course." Taehyung smiled. His uncle hung up the phone.

Jungkook mumbled something. Taehyung turned to him and wrapped him in the bed sheet again.

Carefully, he got up and grabbed his sweater. He walked out of the room.

He yawned as he walked down the stairs.

He went into the kitchen and got a cup of coffee. He sat down. Sipped it.

Taehyung was hungry. Just as he was about to get up to get something, an idea came to him. A stupid idea. Completely ridiculous.

He went into the living room and nervously sat down at the computer. His hands were shaking. His heartbeat was a little faster. He was excited.

Soobin had shown him how to log on to the Internet. When he came here, he hadn't known much about computers. He had never used one at the orphanage. Soobin had been very patient with him, and for that, he was grateful. Especially at this moment.

He googled something. When the cursor was over the button, he swallowed hard. He wasn't confident at all. He was sure it would fail. But he had the urge to do it. To try. To be brave.

He grabbed the small jar of money and took some.

He went to the door, got his jacket, and put on his shoes.

He took a deep breath and left the house.

 

 

Jungkook woke up. His arm wandered to his right side. It was empty. He opened his eyes. He was alone in bed. Taehyung was not there. He was worried.

A second later, he smiled. There was no need to worry. He had just gotten up before him. It was already 11 o'clock. He knew he wasn't the same sleepyhead as him. Taehyung didn't sleep much. He said that he had gotten used to it on the street.

There was a knock at the door.

Jungkook turned around. He saw Taehyung standing under the door frame. There he was again. The shy eyes flushed. He was sure he was playing with his fingers, but he held something in his hand.

Jungkook's jaw dropped.

 

An hour earlier

 

The urge to do it was gone. Only fear was left. And anger at himself. Because he was stupid.

He stared at the table. 

"I am an idiot!" he slapped his forehead. He took out the paper again and studied it for minutes with trembling fingers.

He turned around and opened the rice stove. He reread the paper, how much water he needed. And he needed to wash it. He went back to the computer. He searched for how to wash rice. A video popped up. He clicked on it.

"Damn... Is there such a thing?" he boasted, focusing on the video and the hands washing the rice. He tried to remember it. He watched it three times.

When he walked back to the kitchen, he looked for a bowl. He read that damn paper again. He put the rice in the bowl and added water. He washed it for ten minutes, afraid it would stay dirty if he didn't do it long enough. When he was sure it was clean, he put it in the rice stove. With another look, he filled the water, closed the pot, and pressed the start button.

He sighed in relief as the red light on the machine began to flash.

He turned to the table and began taking things out of the plastic bag. He had bought a salad, Hoseok had made it yesterday, and he remembered how to wash it. Eggs. He liked the little buns. Ketchup. He loved ketchup. He had bought bread. Jungkook had always toasted it and showed him how to make it. Finally, there were sausages.

He sat down again. He reread the paper.

He started on the salad. He washed it extensively, every single leaf. Added oil and herbs, as Hoseok had done. He mixed it. He smiled when he was done.

He turned and reached for the eggs. His confidence was shattered.

He went back to the computer and was happy to find another video of a person preparing egg rolls. He added salt and pepper and other seasonings. He watched it five times.

Back in the kitchen, he looked for a pan. He put it on the stove and heated it. He ran back to the living room and watched a sixth time. He grabbed another bowl and scrambled the eggs together. He added salt and pepper. When the stove was hot enough, he said it to the pan.

He watched the video a seventh time. With more confidence, he tried it, and it was a disaster, but somehow he made it. They looked funny. But they kind of like little buns. He put two pieces of bread in the toaster and pressed the button.

He waited. They popped out.

He looked for a knife and carefully sliced the sausages. Each time he cut a small piece, he compared the length of the links. Then he cut the next part. He placed it in another pan.

The rice stove began to beep. He opened it and stumbled back as the hot steam hit his face. It looked ... white. Like rice. Normal rice.

He looked for a large plate. Put the bread on it. And the spring rolls. On each roll, he squeezed a line of ketchup. His hands were shaking. He found a small bowl and filled it with the salad. Then he put the sausages next to the rolls. He looked at them. He put them on the other side.

That looked better. A large spoonful of rice filled the last space on the plate.

He reached for the cup and filled it with coffee.

As he was about to walk out of the kitchen, his legs began to shake. So he had to sit down. When the shaking got better, he tried again.

He grabbed the plate and the coffee and slowly walked up the stairs.

 

 

Jungkook stared at the plate in Taehyung's hand.

"I...wanted to make breakfast..." he heard him whisper. Jungkook saw that he was close to tears, his hands were shaking, and he looked like a puppy who had done something wrong and was now waiting for his scolding.

Jungkook was speechless. He had made breakfast for him.

"I did some research on the internet. And I used some money from the jar... wanted to buy something." he mumbled, his eyes fixed on the floor.

Jungkook jumped up.


 

Taehyung wanted to cry out in shame. His eyes searched the plate, and suddenly it looked like a complete mess of someone else's food.

He raised his head when he heard Jungkook stand up. He walked toward him. Sparkling eyes, a bright smile on his face.

"You made breakfast for me?" His voice was high-pitched.

Taehyung just nodded. "It's not good. I watched videos on how to make it. I probably messed up."
"Let's go downstairs. I want to eat it."

Taehyung was surprised. Jungkook ran across the room and grabbed his slippers and sweater. He looked happy.

Taehyung blushed.

Jungkook ran down the stairs. In the living room, he stopped.

"Hyung, I'm hungry. Let me eat, come down!" he called out to him. Taehyung went into the kitchen and put the food on the table. He saw Jungkook grab a chair and pick up his fork in a flash. Just as he was about to take the first bite, Taehyung grabbed his hand.

"This is ... not good. This is my first try. Maybe you want to eat something else...?" he whispered.

 

 

Jungkook just slapped his hand away.

He was EXTREMELY excited.

Taehyung had made breakfast. Not just a coffee.

He had taken money, walked out of the house, and bought something. He had come back and used the machines and pans. He had cooked in the kitchen, where he had not even dared to use the coffee maker four days ago. That was a big deal. 

He saw that Taehyung was all nervous. He was even sweating a little. He was terrified that he had messed up. Jungkook smiled. He had even decorated it. And smeared ketchup on the buns in little waves. It was so cute.

"Hyung, let me eat this!" he snapped at him; Taehyung flinched in shock.

Jungkook took the bun in his hand and bit into it. In the corner of his eye, he could see Taehyung turn pale. His hand held onto the table. As if he was afraid of falling off.

Jungkook chewed on it.

Took another piece. He heard Taehyung's breathing quicken. He muttered something.

Jungkook didn't give a at that moment. It was perfect. He closed his eyes and just enjoyed it. The taste of the first breakfast Taehyung had made for him. Because he wanted it, all by himself, he had tried something he had never done before. Doing something he didn't know if he had done right or wrong. He had been brave, even if he could be scolded for it.

"Jungkook-ah... Is it all right?" he heard him whisper.

He opened his eyes. "It's delicious, hyung. God, the spring rolls are even better than my uncle's." he smiled at him.

Taehyung let himself sink back in his chair with a sigh. Slowly his face regained color. He stopped shaking.

"Do you like it?" His eyes sparkled.

"Yes. You're an excellent cook." Jungkook could see Taehyung accepting his compliment.

 

 

Taehyung was happy.

Jungkook ate the food he had cooked. It was the first time he had cooked. And he said it was good. Taehyung was almost giddy with happiness.

Jungkook munched and didn't stop until there wasn't a single grain of rice left on his plate.

He sighed and looked at him.

"Hyung, I ate it very happily. Thank you for making food for me." he smiled at him.

His chocolate eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter