the third one.

A 'Lil Bit of Chaos

Since today is Minju's first day at Ahn Corp., Yujin suggested that they'd come together so she can give Minju a tour and introduce her to everyone else.

 

"But wouldn't it be weird if an employee is seen coming to work with the CEO of the company?" Minju asked, afraid that it's gonna be misunderstood by the others.

 

"Nonsense, you're my friend." Yujin reassured her.

 

They finished eating breakfast at Eunbi and Minju's apartment before saying goodbye to the others, ready to leave for work.

 

"Bye everyone, we better get going now."

 

"Enjoy on your first day at work, Minju."

 

"Thanks, guys."

 

"Oh wait, wait." Jisu stops them. "Can I come with you guys? I forgot I need to leave early for work today."

 

"Sure, we'll drop you off." Yujin nodded.

 

"Bye guys."

 

As soon as the other three left, Eunbi turned to face the other two who were lazily slumped on the couch, each had a bowl of cereal on one hand.

 

"Aren't you guys leaving?" the older asked.

 

"Later, we're watching the parade." Minjeong answered and pointed at the screen in front.

 

"Minjeong? Don't you have a meeting with the producers today?"

 

The youngers eyes widened and shot open, eating the cereal quickly and placing the bowl on the kitchen sink.

 

"Shoot I forgot about that."

 

Eunbi chuckled sarcastically and patted the younger's head. 

 

"Of course you did."

 

"I gotta go now unnie. Bye." she dashed out of the room and went to their apartment.

 

"And you, Kang Hyewon? Do you still even have a job?"

 

Hyewon walked towards the sink, also putting her now empty bowl in there.

 

"As a matter of fact I still do."

 

"Well then, get going!"

 

"Okay, geez." she scrunched her nose. "Oh yeah, I'm gonna ask that girl out today."

 

"Finally had the courage after a week huh?" she teased. Hyewon just sulked. "Well do let us know how that works out for you."

 

"You cruel, cruel, woman." 

 

"Yes, I am. Now leave, I need to start cleaning before leaving for work."

 

"While we're at it, can you bring home those homemade candy bars from your workplace? They're the best."

 

"Sure, sure, I'll try."

 

Hyewon nodded and went back to their own apartment as Eunbi started cleaning up theirs.

 

-

 

"Good morning, CEO Ahn." people can be heard greeting as Yujin made her way to the lift, Minju walking beside her.

 

"Wow Yujin, your company's really big." Minju uttered, clearly amazed.

 

"Well, my grandfather did work hard for it to become like this, so, I give him credit." the younger answered.

 

They arrived at the 17th floor where the office of the CEO is located. When the lift opened, Yujin took Minju's hand and guided her to the office.

 

"Everyone," she announced, "as you may all know, Mrs. Yang is on a maternity leave. So, I have brought in a temporary secretary to help me and you guys out for the meantime while Mrs. Yang is away."

 

Yujin signalled her to introduce herself and so she did.

 

"Hello. I'm Kim Minju, it's nice meeting all of you. I hope we get along pretty well."

 

The other members of the CEO's office greeted her back as they welcomed her openly.

 

"I'll head inside now." Yujin turned to one of then. "Ms. Jang? I will assign you to help Ms. Kim out with the basics and everything that she needs to know."

 

"Yes, Miss Ahn."

 

Yujin nodded and was about to turn away but stopped on her tracks. 

 

"And oh, I trust that everyone will take care of Ms. Kim, alright? Or else my cousin's gonna kill me."

 

She joked, leaving everyone to chuckle as she left to go to her office.

 

"Ms. Kim, is it true what Miss Ahn said? She picked you herself?"

 

Although confused, Minju nodded.

 

"Ah, yeah. She offered me a temporary job while I'm still waiting for any possible roles I could audition to."

 

"Oh, you're an actress?" a guy asked. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. I'm Jung Sungchan, nice to meet you, Ms. Kim."

 

"Nice to meet you, too."

 

"Come to think of it, it's a shocker that Miss Ahn brought you in herself, considering how picky she gets when it comes to her secretaries." a girl interrupted.

 

"Seriously guys, can you all please introduce yourselves first before gossiping? Clearly Ms. Kim over here doesn't know you all."

 

"I'm Baek Jiheon. Nice meeting you."

 

"Jung Sungchan, I wish you well on your first day."

 

"Kim Seungmin, team leader. It's nice meeting you."

 

"And I'm Lee Chaeryeong." the girl from earlier said.

 

"Yes, our resident gossip girl." Ms. Jang chuckled.

 

"Hey~" 

 

The taller turned to Minju. 

 

"I'm Jang Wonyoung, it's nice meeting you. And as per orders of Miss Ahn, I will teach you everything there is to learn around here."

 

Minju nodded and thanked all of them.

 

"So going back," Chaeryeong shrugged. "How did you and the CEO know each other?"

 

"Oh, her cousin is my high school best friend and roommate. We're friends too."

 

The others nodded, intrigued and wanted to know more but Seungmin had to get them back to work.

 

"Let's get back to work, everyone. Busy day today. And Wonyoung, please start training Ms. Kim as soon as possible."

 

"Copy that, Boss Kim."

 

-

Eunbi was peacefully going through some of the paperworks on her desk when she hears a smal knock before the door opened.

 

"So, Manager Kwon. I heard you've been busy these pass few days, want to unwind?" the girl in front looks at her with a cunning smile, and Eunbi immediately knows what it meant.

 

"No, Chaewon, I am now going to your blindates again."

 

"Oh but come on. I'm telling you, this person's the best! She's from the Finance Department and rumor has it that she's a close acquaintance of our boss."

 

Eunbi gave her a look before going back to the papers.

 

"Unnie please. Hasn't it been a while also when you and that nerdy ex boyfriend of yours broke up?"

 

"Well, yeah."

 

"Then go to this date! Unwind, let loose. Go nuts! And also, you can't not go, it took a while for my friend in the Finance Department to convince her so you really need to go."

 

"When is it?"

 

"Tomorrow. At ELEVEN's." the younger answered. "Just go please. It's near your place anyways."

 

"Aish, okay, okay! I'll go!"

 

"Thanks, unnie! Do let me know what happens."

 

The older nodded and went back to the papers she was busy with.

 

-

 

"So, uhm, Jihye-ssi?" Hyewon called out the woman standing next to her, arranging the freshly brought products.

 

"Oh?" 

 

"Are you free Saturday night?"

 

Jihye looks at her before turning back to the freezer.

 

"Uhm, I have my shift here."

 

Hyewon chuckled.

 

"I meant after that."

 

"Oh, then I'm free."

 

"Great." Hyewon muttered.

 

"Why?"

 

Hyewon took a deep breath before facing her. 

 

"I think you're gorgeous and I want to take you out for dinner. Would that be cool?"

 

Jihye chuckles, finding the sight of shy Hyewon amusing.

 

"Really? You want to take me out for dinner?"

 

"Uh, yeah? I mean, have you seen you? You're stunning."

 

Jihye shakes her head with a smile.

 

"So what do you say? Me and you, Saturday night?"

 

The woman turned around and was about to leave but not without whispering into Hyewon's ear.

 

"Sure, I'd love to."

 

-

 

"Minjeong." the guy sitting in front called. "Minjeong. Kim Minjeong."

 

Still no sign.

 

"Kim Minjeong!"

 

"Yes! Yes! Yes?" she snapped out of it and turned to the guy.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you? I've been calling for you since 5 minutes ago." Hamada Asahi, the producer, said.

 

"Sorry, sorry, just busy thinking about something."

 

"While staring at your phone?"

 

She stared back at her phone and saw another message appear.

 

"Is it her again?" Kim Jiwon, one of her friends in the company and also one of the singers, asked. 

 

Minjeong nodded.

 

"Goodness just break up with her. Weren't you supposed to break up with her a week ago? You told us that."

 

"What's new? She chickened out again." Choi Beomgyu, the director, said.

 

"Hey! It's not that simple okay!"

 

"Not that simple my face. Of course it is! You go up to her, tell her, "I'm sorry, this isn't working out anymore. Let's break up." Beomgyu said, like it was just that simple.

 

"Or just cut to the chase and say, "Let's break up, I can't do this anymore." There!" Jiwon applaud.

 

"Oh yeah, like it's that easy." she rolled her eyes.

 

"Whatever, man, just do it. Clearly this whole planning to break up with her has been bothering you for days."

 

Minjeong sighed.

 

"Fine, fine. I need to do it eventually."

 

They all nodded and went back to discussing the points of the new song.

 

-

 

"Jisu-ssi!" Jisu turned from her desk to the person that called her.

 

"Here, someone wanted to give this to you." the worker handed her the bouquet of flowers. Immediately, Jisu knew who it came from.

 

"Is she still there?" she asked.

 

"No, she just dropped this off and left immediately. She said she didn't want to disturb you?"

 

"Oh, is that so."

 

The employee nodded afterwards.

 

"I better go back to my desk now, Carl's doing an inspection."

 

Jisu thanked him for bringing it and saw the little note that came with the flower.

 

I'm sorry about last night, I didn't mean to freak you out like that. Forgive me, please.

 

The note read. Jisu sighed frustratingly before throwing it out, getting back to her work.

 

-

Yujin sat on her chair silently. Well, she did more than sitting. She was spinning the chair around, too bored to think of anything else to do.

 

She just finished the last of her paperworks and there is no meeting scheduled since she finished all of those too so right now she's just, too bored.

 

She buzzed the secretary's office outside and asked Minju to come in.

 

"Yes, Miss Ahn? You called for me?" Minju asked formally, and Yujin ended up laughing.

 

"Wow, you're so formal now, Ms. Kim."

 

"Of course I am, we're at work and you're my boss." she rolled her eyes at the younger.

 

"Anyways, Ms. Kim, could you please bring me coffee?"

 

"Of course. Would that be all?"

 

"How about a bacon sandwich, too?"

 

Minju furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"Bacon sandwich? But you don't eat bacon."

 

"Uh, did I say it was for me? It's for you, silly." she shook her head.

 

"Oh, uhm, yeah, sure." Minju nodded. "I'll make your coffee now."

 

"Cool. Thanks."

 

Minju waved her hand and went out.

 

"Cool." she muttered while staring at the door.