the first one.

A 'Lil Bit of Chaos

You see, most people would think that living in an apartment complex would be- well, let's say peaceful, but that isn't the case for rooms 20 and 19.

 

"For the last time, Eun, I did not take your precious frying pan. Why would I do that when I have my own one." Kang Hyewon, the chef of the group argued.

 

"Then where is it then? It's not here. I don't know, am I supposed to blame the other people from this floor?" Kwon Eunbi, the Marketing Manager of the group at some company argued back.

 

"Ah, yeah. Do that nex time." Hyewon sarcastically answered.

 

The two were about to step up when Kim Minjeong, the singer and songwriter of the group interferred.

 

"Okay, uhm, that was me. I took it." she admitted.

 

"What?" Eunbi looks at her questioningly, making her scratch the back of her head.

 

"You see I was doing this sandwich experiment I saw on the internet and Hyewon was using all the pans for her new recipe- thing. So yeah, I decided to borrow yours." 

 

"Okay? So where is it now?"

 

Minjeong makes a face of uneasiness before answering again.

 

"About that..."

 

Eunbi frustratingly sighs with the kind of look Minjeong is giving her.

 

"My little sandwich experiment kinda failed and your pan kinda...got ruined."

 

The Marketing manager raises an eyebrow at her.

 

"Color 29, page 15, Fall Catalogue number seven." she stated.

 

Minjeong immediately nods and smiles cheekily.

 

"Expected in 3 weeks."

 

The door to the apartment suddenly opened revealing Choi Jisu, Head of Fashion Department at ICY's and also considered as the singer in the group (she and Minjeong often does duets together).

 

"Well hello, my favorite people." she happily greeted the other three.

 

"Hey, Jisu."

 

Hyewon greeted.

 

"What's with y'alls faces? Something died in here?"

 

"Oh nothing, just a whole missing frying pan situation." Minjeong shrugged.

 

"Okay.."

 

You see, they're just weird like that so Jisu just chooses to shrug it off.

 

"Hey, everyone!" Ahn Yujin, the youngest of the group and also known as the youngest CEO to ever be named came entering the apartment with a beaming smile and maxed energy- like the usual.

 

"Eyo, giant pup!" Minjeong greeted the younger.

 

"So, Yujin, what's gotten you so happy?" Eunbi asked the younger.

 

"Nothing much, just sealed another deal with foreign investors."

 

The others gathered to circle her around, celebrating another achievement for her.

 

"That's great, Yujin!"

 

"We're proud of you like always!"

 

"Thank you, everyone." she smiled. "Now why don't I treat you all later? How about coffee?"

 

"Sure"

 

They all agreed.

 

"Where?" Kang Hyewon asked, making the others roll their eyes. Of course, there's only one place where they get coffee.

 

-

 

Later that day when they were all done with their respective work, they gather around ELEVEN's to celebrate Yujin's achievement. Though they are still waiting for her to arrive.

 

Currently. they're all sharing their stories of how their day at work went.

 

"I'm telling you, that lady from work was so gorgeous. I even caught her checking me out one time." Hyewon told them, but the other three just collectively scoffed and rolled their eyes at her.

 

"Oh please." Jisu commented.

 

"What? It's true! I'm telling you, she was  totally checking me out." she defended.

 

"Okay? So approach her then. Tell her she's gorgeous. Ask her out. Man, what's the worst that could happen."

 

Hyewon looks at Minjeong pointedly. "She could hear me."

 

The singer songwriter facepalmed herself at her friend's silliness.

 

The door to the coffeehouse opened as Yujin entered, accidentally bumping on the person who also entered the same moment as she did.

 

"I'm sorry about that."

 

​​​​​​She apologized quickly, not sparing a glance at the stranger and immediately went to her friends.

 

"Hey, guys!" Yujin happily greeted her friends and sat in between Minjeong and Eunbi on the couch.

 

"Here she is! Miss Hotshot! Youngest CEO." Hyewon joked.

​​​​​​

"Come on, now y'all are making it a big deal." the younger chuckled.

 

"Just proud of you."

 

They were taking when a lady approached Eunbi from behind the couch, interrupting their conversation.

 

"Yes?- Oh my gosh? Kim Minju from IZ U? Minju-ya, is that really you?"

 

"Unnie? Eunbi unnie?" Minju sighed in relief. "Unnie it really is you."

 

"Yes, Minju." the older nodded with a smiled and turned to the other four. "This is Minjeong, and Jisu, and Hyewon, and my cousin Yujin."

 

"It's nice to meet you guys."

 

The others greeted her back. Minju then turned her attention back to the older.

 

"I went to your apartment but you weren't there. Then this guy with a huge hammer told me you'd be here and you are." 

 

"Okay, okay, why don't you take a seat first? You seem tired."

 

They made space on the couch and sat beside Yujin. That's when the younger realized that the lady beside her is the same lady whom she had bumbed into earlier.

 

"So, uhm, what happened?"

 

"I don't exactly remember what happened, all I know is that I was tired of getting my life planned out for me, so I ran away from my engagement party."

 

"Cool, real rebel." Yujin jokingly commented to ease the atmosphere but the others just gave her a look, Eunbi glaring at her. She just looked down.

 

"Ah, I know you and I had kind of drifted apart but you were the only one I knew who lived in the city."

 

"Who wasn't invited to the party."

 

"I was kind of hoping that wouldn't be an issue." she closed her eyes in anticipation.

 

They all decided to go back to the apartment and spend the rest of their time there, also for Minju to rest up a bit.

 

-

 

They were now focused on the movie they were watching with Minju talking to the phone with her father.

 

"No, Dad, I'm not gonna do it." she says with all her might while talking to the other line. 

 

"I don't wanna marry him, Dad. I barely even know him." she stresses out her point. "What? 2 months? That's not long enough to be engaged to someone." 

 

The rest of the friends turned their attention towards her as she was busy conversing with her father through the phone.

 

"Dad, please, come on, I really don't want to. I want to be an actress, not just someone's wife." she sighed frustratingly. "Fine then, I won't anymore."

 

They all heard her answer.

 

"Well maybe I'll just stay here with Eunbi unnie."

 

The other 4 turned to the eldest in the room.

 

"I guess we've all established who's staying here with Eunbi unnie." she commented.

 

The phone call with Minju's father ended as she heaved a deep sigh, sitting on one of the chairs in the dinning room. The others then immediately went to comfort her.

 

"Hey, you gonna be alright?" Jisu asked in concern.

 

Minju gives them a reassuring smile. "Don't worry everyone, I'll be fine."

 

"Hey, if you ever need someone to talk to, me and Hyewon's apartment is just right across the hall. She's away pretty often." Minjeong said, the rest were able to catch her flirtatious intentions.

 

"Minjeong! You're hitting on her? It's the day of her engagement party."

 

"Oh like there's a rule for that or something." the singer scrunched her face and head straight to the fridge to get chocolate.

 

"On the other hand, welcome to the real world. It , you're going to love it."

 

Minju smiles and hopes for nothing but the best. She has doubts on this decision of hers. The whole living independently thing. But seeing the people she's surrounded with, her friends, she's certain she made the right choice.