The Call

STARDUST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] The Call:  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

DeerYoong [10.12]: Yuri? 👀

MickeyYul [10.14]: Oh Yoona, you are finally here!

DeerYoong [10.14]: Wait! Just wanna make sure, are you Kwon Yuri? The author of 'Chasing the Stars?"

MickeyYul [10.14]: Hahaha.. dork! I am the real Kwon Yuri 

DeerYoong [10.15]: That's brilliant! 

DeerYoong [10.15]: Finally we are chatting here 😏

MickeyYul [10.16]: I guess so 🤭

DeerYoong [10.17]: What are you doing?

MickeyYul [10.18]: Oh you don't wanna know.

MickeyYul [10.18] : It's boring.

DeerYoong [10.19]: I do wanna know.

DeerYoong [10.19]: there is nothing about you that could bore me

MickeyYul [10.19]: I'm helping out at my mom's boutique 

DeerYoong [10.20]: How come its boring? 😯

MickeyYul [10.22]: It is, when the order are mounting and you need to be the one to pack the orders, ONE BY ONE with hand ...

DeerYoong [10.23]: Awww bless your hand 😘

MickeyYul [10.23]: 🙄

DeerYoong [10.23]: Do you want me to give your hand a massage? 

MickeyYul [10.23]: are you good at massaging?

DeerYoong [10.23]: I am quite good with my hand

MickeyYul [10.23]: uh.. it sounds a bit inappropriate for me

DeerYoong [10.23]: OMO YURI! You are Byun!

MickeyYul [10.23]: HAHAHA Yoona I'm just kidding

MickeyYul [10.23]: Anyway what are you doing?

DeerYoong [10.24]: I'm sitting inside my car. Listening to music. I'm on my 15 mins break 

MickeyYul [10.24]: Hmmm.. What is your profession Yoona?

MickeyYul [10.24]: If you don't mind me asking ofc.

DeerYoong [10.25]: My profession is very ordinary, you might get bored.

MickeyYul [10.25]: there is nothing about you that could bore me

DeerYoong [10.25]: Copycat!

MickeyYul [10.26]: So? What is it?

DeerYoong [10.26]: I'm just a merchandiser at one of shopping center here 

MickeyYul [10.29]: You must be so good at decorating 

DeerYoong [10.30]: You can say like that 😏 

MickeyYul [10.32]: I envy you. Coz i never good at designing or decorating.

DeerYoong [10.33]: That's just one of very few things I am good at

MickeyYul [10.33]: You are being too humble. 

MickeyYul [10.34]: You are good at lot of things i believe 

DeerYoong [10.34]: Why do you say so?

MickeyYul [10.34]: Coz you are good at making me happy 😄

DeerYoong [10.35]: so smooth Kwon!

 

Yoona typed, couldn't help but smile as she leaned into her car seat. Her earphone was still stuck on her ears, when suddenly someone jumped just right outside her car and a head pooped out to her glass window.

"Unnie!" Irene gave her the best smile of the day 

"Geez, you started me!" Yoona snapped, removing her earphones and looked at the hyper girl.

"Hehe.. may I get in?" Irene asked, still jumping around. Yoona was talking to Yuri, and to be honest she'd rather be alone than have a companion now, but she opened the door anyway and let Irene climb into the passenger seat.

"Unnie look what I bring?" Irene called as soon as she jumped into the car, waving a piece of paper in front of Yoona.

"What is this?" Yoona took the paper Irene handed out and read it.

"This is a ticket for an audition unnie!" informed Irene, beaming with pride. "There's a singing audition in town this weekend!"

Yoona stared at her dumbfounded. "And?"

"And I applied it for you!" exclaimed Irene as if it were obvious things to do.

Yoona turned around and gave Irene a perplexed expression."You what?"

"Oh yeah you are welcome." Irene waved her hand confidently.

"The audition's location was a bit far away from here. It needs like a 5 or 6 hour ride." Yoona said as she read the leaflet Irene gave her.

"I can accompany you if you want."

Yoona looked up, surprised. "You will?"

"Yes unnie! I'm your number one fan, you forget?"

The determination in Irene's voice made Yoona smile sincerely. "Thanks but I'm not sure I can go."

"Oh come on, why?"

Why? That's a good question.

"That was a really long ride, we surely can't drive back and forth in a day. We need to stay at least a night there." Yoona giving out excuses.

"There were few decent guest houses around the area," Irene replied casually as if that solved all problems. But Yoona still doesn't look convinced. Is it the right thing to do?

"Unnie, I know you want this. I know your dream is to be a singer, and you deserve the chance to show what you got," Irene pushed, her voice was so sincere it move Yoona's heart.

Yoona wants this. Yes, indeed. But this dream had long been buried in the back of her head along with the pain and disappointment about her family.

"Do you think I should give it a shoot?" Yoona asked, seeking another encouragement.

"Yes. Too many of us are not achieving our dreams because we are stucks with our doubts. Don't be one of them!"

Irene is not a girl who usually speaks wisely but today she looks wiser than Yoona. 

"Okay let's try."

 

 

The first thing to greet Yoona once she comes home is a mess. There is a lot of mess in the house, except this time the atmosphere around the house was cheerful.

Her sister was going back and forth inside her bedroom, the door open wide, and a suitcase lay open on her bed.

"Oh you're home!" She greeted Yoona with a big smile when Yoona crossed her room.

"Where are you guys going?" Yoona asked, standing on the door frame.

"Your brother in law will take us for a staycation tomorrow. Please take care of the house while we are away," she chatted happily as she put more clothes on the suitcase.

"Can you get my towel over there?" She asked Yoona, pointing to the yellow coloured towel draped next to the door.

Yoona took it and entered the room, and helped her sister fold it.

"Thank You," mounted her sister, smiling. She is definitely in a good mood right now.

"Auntie! We're going on vacation!" Daehan was running inside the room with Boram. Daehan was putting on his sunglasses while Boram was having her bucket hat, both had the biggest smile on their faces.

"Just for few days," her sister tried to calm her kids.

"It's still a vacation!" Daehan said, now running around the room happily. His little sister followed.

Yooan felt her stomach churning. "Unnie, there's actually something I want to tell you..." she trailed off, unsure how to form a word. 

Her sister looked up from her suit, looking at her expectantly. "I, I actually want to ask permission to stay at my friend's house this weekend," Yoona lied.

"Does it have to be this week? No one will be home but you this weekend," her sister said, and added with a voice full of authority, "Tell your friends to swap your party for next week."

"I'm not going to party," Yoona said defensively. "Actually...I want to go to audition."

"Audition?"

"Yeah. I was thinking about joining singing audition this weekend but it's quite a distance, so I might not be able to drive home at night-"

"Yoongie," her sister cut off. She closed her suit and looked Yoona in the eyes. She looked serious right now.

"Yes?"

"You know h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter