Stalking the Beauty

STARDUST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Stalking the Beauty  [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Yoona wiped away beads of sweat from her forehead. It was a hot day, the sun soaring proudly above their head. She, along with two of her co-workers, had just finished unloading boxes from the truck for their upcoming sale event.

"For you," a girl handed a coke can to Yoona politely.

"Thank you, Seo," Yoona replied, taking the can, opening it and drinking it in one gulp.

She and Seohyun were trying to keep pace with Irene, who had been walking so fast towards the locker room.

"They don't tell me to unload the box in broad daylight anymore!" Irene, a pale flawless skin girl shouted as she slumped down onto the empty bench inside the locker room.

Yoona and Seohyun followed her to the room and sat down next to her. They were on their 15 minute break from work.

Irene and Seohyun are few of her co-workers who she can consider as friends. The three of them immediately became friends the first time Yoona worked over here. And thanks to them she was able to survive and adapt well the first time she came to this foreign city.

"We can't complain if we were asked again," Seohyun responded wisely, while taking a towel out of her locker and wiping her sweaty face. She was always the calmest amongst them.

"This is a very bad day!" shouted Irene in frustration as she threw her hand to the air, unaware that they weren't the only ones in the room.

At the far end of the room, someone seemed to be immersed with her own activity.

Kang Seulgi, she is their senior but they barely talk to each other. Seulgi is not a talkative person, she is much more like a loner. Even at break times, she was always alone, leaning against her locker cabinet, her headphones plugging in her ears is the only best friend she has, and just like that she was always drowning in a world of her own.

Some workers called her weirdos but Yoona didn't pay much attention to what people said. There are always these kinds of rumors going around the society we live in, it depends on us how we react to it. And as someone who isn't popular or into loud crowds either, Yoona could relate to Seulgi. After all, she prefers to keep quality over quantity.

"Unnie, why don't you entertain us?" Irene said, trying to look at Yoona with her adorable eyes.

"What do you mean?" Yoona asked, dragging her gaze back to her friends.

"Sing for us, you have a beautiful voice!" Irene said excitedly. She was looking at Yoona like a child wanting an ice cream.

"No," Yoona refused, stealing another glance at Seulgi. She had never sung in front of anyone else other than Irene and Seohyun. Besides, they only heard her sing once and it happened on Seohyun's birthday. Irene forced her to sing the birthday song and she just sang it out of respect to Seohyun.

"Oh come on, unnie, save our day!" said Irene, now whining like a child.

"Yeah, one song won't hurt," now Seohyun joined in, smiling hopefully at Yoona who gave up eventually. Singing has always been her remedy. Besides, for a moment Seulgi seems to be sleeping , and she's wearing headphones so it's unlikely she will notice.

"Okay, but only a few parts," Yoona gave in, making Irene clap her hand cheerfully. The girl took a wooden chair from the corner of the room and dragged it to the center, and motioned for Yoona to climb onto it.

"This is your stage," Irene hyped and Yoona could only sigh. This child does have extraordinary energy and her mood could change drastically in span of few minutes.

Climbing onto the wooden bench, Yoona cleared , she felt the same peaceful moment rose within her before starting to sing:

Amazing Grace! how sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost, but now am found

Was blind but now I see
 

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear

And grace my fears relieved

How precious did that grace appear

The hour I first believed

Irene clapped loudly, jumping up and down while holding what appeared to be a banner she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter