A Part of Us, Still Living in the Past

STARDUST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] A Part of Us, Still Living in the Past:  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

The sun was rising rapidly through the horizon line of the east, the golden ray penetrated through the glass windows of the house.

In the small kitchen, Yuri hummed lightly, as she mashed ripe avocado and put it on top of the toast before putting poached eggs on top of it.

She admired her works, smiling.

"You looked so happy today," Yuri's mom entered the kitchen and got straight to the cupboard to pull out a cup.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" Yuri answered as she arranged the breakfast she made into Siwon's lunchbox.

The fact that someone reads her story gives her a lot of joy. In fact, several people left encouraging comments, but there is no greater feeling when someone says they love your story. And that person says it with such energy it melts Yuri's heart so much. Im Yoona...the girl is funny too!

"Are you done?" Yuri's mother woke Yuri from her thoughts.

"Yes? Almost done," she said, now putting a few fruits to the lunchbox as well.

"Good, because we have to start to sort the orders I get," her mother said, stirring the coffee she just made. "I'll be waiting for you in my store room" she said before walking out of the room, carrying a cup of coffee with her.

Yuri's shoulders slumped. Of course she couldn't have one joyful day.

 

 

Yoona parked her car in the garage, feeling exhausted after a long day of work. The chilling midnight breeze hit her as she walked out of the car, nuzzling deeper inside the shelters of her thin jacket.

They are doing inventory today so she has to work longer hours. And there's nothing she wants more than to snuggle to her pillow right now, she thought as she opened the front door and entered her sister's house, where she also lived.

Deafening silence greeted her as she stepped in, making her feel slightly uncomfortable. With two toddlers full of cheerfulness, this house is unusually quiet today.

Glancing at her watch, the clock showed 10.00 pm. The children usually go to bed at 10.30 pm.

Stepping inside the living room, a distant sound of sobbing came from Daehan's room confirming her uneasiness. Seems like he had a fight with Boram because Yoona could hear Boram's cry from a distance too, followed by her sister's thundering voice.

Yoona sighed. This is the situation she would do anything to avoid because her sister's temper always flared up and it always affected anyone around the house.

Moving quietly, she slipped into the kitchen, maybe she'd just grab a glass of water and sneak into her room...

"Where have you been?" Her sister rounded on her as she entered the kitchen. Yoona has to skid her step in order to not crash into her sister. "I..I just got home from work." 

"This late?" Ask her sister skeptically. A look upon her face showed how stressful she has been.

"Yeah, we do inventory-."

"Whatever…" dismissed her sister, walking to the refrigerator and getting cold water. "The kids are fighting again," she said as she rubbed her head in distress. "It's hard when they don't wanna listen to me."

'If only you know how to win their heart.' Yonna bit back the retort.

"Anyway, there are a lot of dirty dishes on the sink, please wash it before going to bed," ordered the older girl before walking out of the kitchen, leaving Yoona rooted to her place.

Tears were treating to spill from the brink of her eyes, when she walked further to the kitchen and saw a stack of dirty dishes on the sink.

This felt like a reality check for her, a shattering reminder that she was far from living her dream.

 

It took an hour before Yoona found herself lying down on her bed. Her legs were numb, she felt exhausted, she wanted to succumb into a soft mattress and was lulled into a sweet dream, a temporary paradise, a place to escape from the reality of her life, even just for a while. But her eyes betrayed her, in contradiction to her weary body, she found her eyes wide awake.

Sighed in defeat, Yoona looked up at the blue paint ceiling in her small room, and remembered something. She grabbed her phone and started typing;

DeerYoong [00.17]: Author nim~ 

MickeyYul [00.19]: It's Yuri.

DeerYoong [00.19]: Oh right! Yuri-nim~

MickeyYul [00.20]: Just call me Yuri please :(

DeerYoong [00.20]: Aw okay… sorry Yuri. Dont gimme sad face please 🙈

MickeyYul [00.21]: Anything I can help Yoona?

DeerYoong [00.21]: I just wonder if you will post another story 

MickeyYul [00.21]: Don't tell me someone is waiting for my story...

DeerYoong [00.22]: Yes I am! I need it badly… 🥺🥺

MickeyYul [00.23]: Awww… I don't know if i will post another story...

DeerYoong [00.25]: Please consider it.. pretty please 🥺

MickeyYul [00.25]: What with those sad eyes now?

DeerYoong [00.26]: I'm trying to be cute, can't you tell?

MickeyYul [00.27]: You're dorky Yoona

DeerYoong [00.27]: I'll take it as a yes! Kekekeke <3

MickeyYul [00.28]: I will consider it. Only for you..

DeerYoong [00.28]: I'm flattered 

MickeyYul [00.28]: Anyway, there is something about you that make me wonder

DeerYoong [00.30]: Oh shoot! You are welcome to ask 

MickeyYul [00.30]: You say you're from Paris. But your name is Im Yoona…

DeerYoong [00.32]: Oh.. I'm living in Paris but I am Korean.

MickeyYul [00.33]: Wow.. where did you live in Korea?

DeerYoong [00.34]: My family is based in Seoul. What about you Yuri?

MickeyYul [00.34]: I lived at Jinhae

DeerYoong [00.34]: Hmm… Beautiful city of cherry blossoms 🌸 

MickeyYul [00.35]: Do you like cherry blossoms?

DeerYoong [00.35]: I love it ❤

MickeyYul [00.36]: You should visit one day...

DeerYoong [00.36]: One day seems like uncertainty wrapped in false hope…

MickeyYul [00.36]: It could be reality if you make it come true...

DeerYoong [00.37]: is it the way you say you wanna meet me?

MickeyYul [00.37]: I wouldn't say no ✌

DeerYoong [00.37]: I need to work hard to visit but I will.. only for my favorite author ❤

DeerYoong [00.38]: Anyway I gotta sleep. I have work tomorrow…

MickeyYul [00.38]: Oh my bad, i forget about difference time zone again 

DeerYoong [00.38]: Yeah it's midnight he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter