First Encounter

STARDUST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] First Encounter:  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

A thin puff of smoke steaming from the kitchen chimney, a delicious scent wafts around the room, tempting every empty tummy around the house to come closer and have a taste.

Yuri put the last dish on the dining table, trying to neatly arrange everything to make it look more appealing. Apart from writing, cooking is just another hobby she had.

She just finished putting soup on the table when the doorbell rang and a man walked in.

"I'm home," a tall, handsome man with slicked back hair took off his coat and propped it on the wooden coat hanger before walking into where Yuri stood.

"Welcome home," Yuri wrapped her arms around the man, giving him a peck on his cheek.

Siwon responded by lightly her hair. 

Yuri smiled, he rarely kissed her back, but that was what she liked most about her husband, the way he her hair tenderly, always made her feel at peace.

"Dinner will be ready in a minute," she said before returning her attention back to the dinner table.

 

 

"How is business nowadays?" a fifty years old man opened a conversation at the dining table.

There were five people sitting around a square, wooden dining table,and several dishes for dinner were served in front of them.

Being raised in a family that upholds old traditions, Yuri's father makes sure they know the importance of eating together at dinner. 

Her father was sitting at the far end of the table. Yuri's mother and a younger version of Yuri, Yura , sat on the right side while Siwon and Yuri sat across from them.

Even though she is married for a year, Yuri decides to stay with her parents, considering that her parents are getting old now. And even though they were annoying sometimes, Yuri just loved them so much and she couldn't bear the thought of leaving them behind.

Fortunately, her husband, Siwon doesn't mind the addition of a family member in their house.

"Busy as always," Siwon replied, sipping a soup Yuri made for him. "We are planning to launch the latest model of our sports car and market it overseas."

Yuri's father nodded appreciatively.

"Anyway Yul," called her mother while cutting a steak for her husband. "Mom's boutique will be closing orders this week. I'll need a helping hand because there are a lot of orders getting in. I was too old to do it all on my own now."

Yuri nodded solemnly.

"You shouldn't be doing that job anymore." Yuri's father spoke sternly, setting down his knife and fork at last.

"You should leave your business to Yuri now." 

"Well, if only she wanted to. You know your daughter doesn't want to inherit my business."

"Are you still thinking about your dream of becoming a writer?" Now his attention turned to Yuri, who bit her tongue in response. Talking back to her mother was one thing, but she knew very well to not test her father's temper.

"Now that you're married, you should only focus on being a good wife to your husband."

"I don't mind Yuri having a dream," Siwon interjected casually.

Yuri looked up to Siwon. He didn't look back, but he was looking straight at Yuri's father, a respectful smile formed on his lips,making his dimple more visible than ever.

He had never said he supported Yuri's dream, he never even asked about it or interest in it but knowing that he didn't mind Yuri having a dream was more than enough! This is one of the reasons she agreed to marry Siwon. He didn't usually speak sweet words, he wasn't romantic at all, he never supported or encouraged Yuri's dreams yet he never talked ill about her. He respected her enough to give her space. He didn't put any pressure on Yuri's shoulder. And that sounds like 'I love you' for Yuri.

 

 

Yuri was tossing around her bed, careful not to wake Siwon who was fast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter