Prologue

STARDUST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Prologue:  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Universe is a homeland

For the relentless heart and soul

Seeking a consolation,

in the wide space of night sky

Where the moon so bright

Shining, splendidly-

Breathtakingly

As clear as crystal ball

Yet this heart is yearning for different twinkle,

a star…

Those tiny little sparks,

Scattered all around the floor of blackness canvas of sky

Wild and free

And that's where my heart wants to be

-chasing the stars

 

Yuri

A ray of sunlight peeking through the clouds of the naval town of Jinhae. The glittering ray dancing through the blue sky, silently witnessing the noise of the crowded city bellowed them.

In a small cafe hidden in a line of shabby shops, a slender girl with long black hair sits alone, watching people passing by in front of her, immersed with their own activities. 

It was a strikingly warm spring day. A faint scent of cherry blossoms hit the air, the petals of heavenly blush whirled around in the breeze,while butterflies danced to the soft harmonies of the swaying pine trees, whispering an assurance about a beautiful day ahead. Yet the girl never felt more discouraged.

Sipping the last straw from her cappuccino cup, she let the warmth of the liquid give her a shred of comfort as she couldn't help but to reminisce about her misfortune.

"Sorry but we can't publish your book," HeeChul smiled bitterly, leaning back on his soft cushion chair. 

"But last month you told me that there was a possibility to publish my story this month," Yuri looked at him with a hopeful face. She hated how her voice sounded so desperate, almost like pleading, but she would never give up without fighting. 

HeeChul took a deep breath, didn't even bother to glance at the scattered paper in front of him.

They were sitting inside his office room. A line of oak shelves filled with neatly arranged books on the wall, accomplishing the luxuriousness of their surroundings. Yuri never felt so out of place.

"Yuri, I know you're my friend," Leeteuk started in a very sweet voice but Yuri didn't respond. They never really became friends in the first place. They just happened to attend the same high school and now Heechul claimed that they are friends.

"But your book is not interesting. It's too simple," HeeChul said, fixing the tagged name 'Publisher Kim' in front of his desk, trying to show his impatience to end the conversation without being rude.

"A story doesn't have to be complicated," Yuri disagreed even though she knew whatever she said wouldn't change his mind. "Even a simple story can be beautiful."

"But yours is not even beautiful," HeeChul replied, glancing at his watch now. "Let's try again next month, shall we?" he said aloud, ending their conversation before walking to the door and opening it for Yuri. 

Yuri looked at the motionless script in front of her. The title, Chasing the Stars, was written neatly in front of the cover. She sighed and the same feeling of helplessness resounded her heart. Every month she tried to submit her story to the publisher, with a hope she would publish her book, yet every month she received the same painful re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter