One ☕

Stay by my side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning, a day in the city of Incheon, car honking, people walking with own destinations wearing corporate and casual. There is also people jogging and holding their pet, another busy day it is. Three hours before the opening, a lady plastered impassive expression on her face the trench coat is she wearing didn’t give enough warm in the chilly weather. She arrived earlier as usual at the commercial building wherein her shop is located, renting the most spacious floor at the lower part. Her three staffs are already working in their perspective areas after exchanging greetings, while walking she inspect the every corner she even slide her forefinger in the surface of the entire table she passed. Satisfied it is she turned left.

Dangling keychains and the tiny plushies attached at the group of keys she’s holding, she inserted and turned the door knob of her office which is in the corner of the shop. A sighed escaped from her tiny mouth, knitted eyebrows and pouting her lips after opening the door, the first thing she laid her eyes at the thing that she hate just yesterday, because of the conspiracy article that she read stated it brings a bad luck in a business. She can’t help to believe and it bothers her mind.

“Hangyeol-ssi!”

The young man who is wiping the window sills immediately jogged where his boss is.

“Yes? Sajangnim.”

She pointed at the potted cactus in her table.

Hangyeol slowly lifted his right hand and scratched his left eyebrow. He remembered the last word she bid to him yesterday.

“I forgot sorry.”

“You are too young to forget what I said multiple times just yesterday. Just take it home later okay?” she handed the potted cactus to him.

The young man nodded and her boss tapped his shoulder and went to her table and seat on her chair, she started to open the folders that are neatly stacked in the wooden table.

Her boss looked up to him and raised her eyebrow to him.

“What?”

“Mr. Kim. I think, will visit later I heard the owner of the salon in the upper floor talking from another day. I’m sorry I forgot to say to you last night. Sajangnim sorry!” after releasing his long speech Hangyeol salute and quickly bowed to her boss. And swiftly he made his exit. He knew, he just pushes the button in the morning of her lovely boss.

“Min Hangyeol!”

--

At the strike of the hand of clock hanging at the wall in her office, exactly nine o’clock she leave her office bringing her laptop, small iPad, notebook containing records and her phone. In her usual spot in the dining area she watched her two staffs that are busily assisting the piled line up of customers. Her eyes diverted to the people occupying the other tables, mentally counting per head and calculating the normal amount of customers in a usual day in their shop and it is a bit different than the last three months.

Establishing a business is always taking a risk. However establishing a business in a foreign country with different environment and different culture is taking a big risk and very difficult. But then she and her two best friends didn’t stop and discouraged the fact of the problems they will struggle and face aiming for their business venture. Graduated with a degree and have a additional degree in business management and also already managed to have two branch in their own country, boost themselves to go further. But it’s not enough.

 

In the first two years of their business which is a coffee shop restaurant runs. At the first month the sales didn’t even reach the 50 percent from their capital yet she and her friends still hope and said it is just the beginning. Truly it is as time passed they gained customers, some are locals and some became loyal customers. Out of the three business partners, she is the only one who stayed in South Korea while her two best friends stayed in their country managing their other two branch businesses.

 

Upon sitting down at her place, Hangyeol immediately placed a newly brewed coffee at her table with a sliced carrot cake. The young man leaves as well after placing the food.

Stabbing the sliced cake, the piece of cake went to .

Did he think I will forget that he forgot to tell me that Mr. Kim is visiting today?!

She is frustrated because of the information that is very important to her and that her staff failed to deliver to her immediately.

After munching her sweet treat she is blowing the hot coffee and about to sip when her laptop started ringing and an application notification replaced the spreadsheet of the last three months sales of the coffee shop that she earlier continuously eyeing and pondering, what is even happening.

She quickly taps the answer to end the annoying ring tone. Image of two women squishing themselves in one frame from the look of their background they are outside learning the internet situation in their country they are struggling. One is have brown hair in bob cut and have single eyelid and the latter have a straight black hair and have round eyes.

“Lady Boss is she so busy in the morning?” black haired lady started the conversation.

“It’s Sajangnim! She might not understand you anymore.”

Rolling her eyes she put down the mug and pointed her attention to the two persons in her front.

“Hey you two, are you the one are so busy?” she said emphasizing the word you.

It’s been a week since the last conversation they have and their last topic she remembered is the current situation about the shop.

“You know the life's here, there are so many happening here.” Brown haired lady blabbered at her.

“How about there?” The black haired lady asked her that made her quiet and also the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter