Kiss Cam

Pleasant Imagines, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"UNNNIIEEEE!" Yujin shouted through the hallway the moment Yena walks out of her class. She starts running, unintentionally bumping into some people but she couldn't care less.

Classes are over and it's the weekends. 

"Yah, yah. Don't run." The younger girl crashes into Yena who made her stand properly.

"Why are you so happy?"

"You agreed to watch minions with me. Of course I'm happy." Yujin smiled from ear to ear. That smile could probably even light up the darkest room on earth.

Yena hisses and scratches her head. "How do I put this..." she mumbles. "Yujin-ah."

"Hm?"

"They don't play it at the movies anymore."

The younger girl's expression drops instantly. "What do you mean? I've been waiting for you to watch it. You told me we'll go see it today."

"I know, I know. I went to check earlier but the movie wasn't playing in cinemas anymore." Yena pats her shoulder, seeing that smile turn into a symbol of sadness.

"How..." Yujin couldn't find the words to say, looking at Yuri who came out of the class too. "Oh? Why are you here? Minju told me she was meeting you today."

"M-Minju unnie? Why?"

"I don't know. She said something about a baseball game."

Yena claps. "Right, I totally forgot." she then looks at Yujin.

"To make you feel better, I passed Minju some baseball tickets my brother gave me last week. You can go watch it with her."

Yujin raised her eyebrow. "Why?"

"I've asked the others and they can't make it. You're free tomorrow, right?"

"You're asking me now? What if I say no?"

"You would say no? Then Minju would be so lonely." Yena looked into thin air. "I guess I can just try asking Chaewon ag--"

"I'll go." Yujin interrupts.

"Okay, that makes my life easier. Dealing with Chaewon is tiring." Yena sighs. "Can't believe I see her 24 hours a day." she shakes her head.

"Can we go home now?" Yuri complains, back aching from her one-tonne school bag.

Yena nods but Yujin stops them. "Where do I meet Minju unnie?"

Yuri hums. "The last time I saw her she was in the club room." She looks at her phone. "She should be done now, probably waiting for you."

"Right, I told her I'll tell you to meet her at the club room." Yena suddenly remembers. Yuri smacks her head. "Why are you so slow when you're the one starting all this in the first place?"

Yujin watched them head down the hallway while she goes the opposite direction.

Baseball game? I've never been to one. The girl let out a little frown, turning around the corner.

She looks afar to see a girl standing along the corridor, fumbling with her phone. Yujin swallows and quickly walks to her.

"Unnie."

Minju lifts her head and picks up her guitar from the floor. "You're here."

Yujin hums and stops in front of her. The girl slips her phone into her pocket. "You heard from Yena unnie, right?"

Yujin nods, seeing her take out two tickets from her bag. Before Minju gave one to her, she retracts her hand, confusing Yujin.

"Have you finished your homework?"

The younger girl gave her a look of disbelief. "Unnie, who do you think I am? I'm first in the cohort."

Minju snickers. "Fair enough. I would have to go with Chaewon unnie if you didn't." she handed one ticket to Yujin.

The girl raised her eyebrow. "Yena unnie said no one could make it."

"I told her I'll bring you along."

Yujin blinks in confusion. She's the last person Minju would ask for anything. As a matter of fact, these two aren't as close as compared to the others in their little friend group.

"You've never been to a baseball game, have you?" Yujin shook her head. Ah, so that's why she wanted me to go with her. What was I even thinking...being her first choice?

Minju carries her bag properly. "You're done with school? Wanna walk home together?"

Yujin hesitated a nod. They do live a few streets away from each other.

"Stop being so awkward." The older girl slaps her arm before walking.

"When was I?" Yujin glances at the ticket in her hand.

Minju shakes her head. "Recently."

They headed out of the building with Yujin holding the door for the older girl.

The younger girl glances at her while they walked along the path leading out of the school. Things were quiet with nothing but the sound of wind blowing through the heaps of leaves gathered on the floor.

Autumn.

A prime time for seeking comfort in the midst of dropping temperatures.

"Unnie, you're not cold?" Yujin asks when she notices how Minju wasn't wearing an outer layer.

The girl shook her head. "It's still okay." she kicks the leaves as a little smile appears on the corner of her lips.

With this weather comes the thought of having a warm cup of coffee by the windows in a serene cafe.

It's Minju's favourite season.

Yujin reaches for her guitar, taking it from her. "Continue kicking the leaves," she told Minju, worried that the guitar might be an obstruction to that smile if she ever falls because of it.

"Do you want to eat?" Yujin suggested, not wanting to seem awkward as to what Minju said earlier.

She gestured at the sky. "The weather's great for steamboat."

They do have a group that frequently goes for steamboats. "Unless you have work to do."

Minju didn't seem to hate that idea. "Just the two of us?"

"I know Chaewon and Yena unnie's not here, but we can go." Yujin tilts her head, waiting for her answer.

"Okay."

...

Yujin settled Minju's guitar right at the corner, making sure it wouldn't fall. "Why did Yena unnie suddenly have tickets to a baseball game?" she asks, looking at Minju while she sits down opposite her.

"Seungmin oppa's company gave them to him and he had extra." Minju passes her some chopsticks.

Yujin nods, reaching for the sauce plate.

While mixing the sauces they always have on these little outings at the steamboat place, Minju asks, "Isn't this the first time we're out together? Alone."

The younger girl lifts the soy sauce, putting it aside. She thought and nodded. They'll always go out with the others, never just the two of them.

"I like it," Minju said, sipping on the complementary cold water. "Just us two alone."

Yujin looks down as she continues stirring the sauce with her chopsticks with an apparent smile on her lips.

She glances up to see Minju looking at her with narrowed eyes. Yujin chuckles, finding her amusing.

"Why are you laughing?"

The younger girl shook her head. "What I meant was, Yena unnie's always so loud. Chaewon unnie does nothing but tease me with anything possible." Minju explained, putting the cup down.

"Being with you is relaxing." she looks at Yujin who pushes the sauce plate to her.

"Is it?"

Minju hums. "At least I can say anything and not be afraid of judgement." she dips her chopstick into the sauce, tasting it.

The moment her eyes widen, Yujin knew she did a great job.

"Unnie, can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

Yujin puts her utensils down, clearing . "What kind of person do you like?"

"Suddenly?" Minju raises her eyebrow.

"I just wanted to know."

"Why, is there someone you like?" The older girl started wiggling her eyebrows. "You want to know who they like through me?"

"No." Yujin frowns. "I just—okay." she gave in.

"I'm only telling this to you."

Minju was all ears. If she could go to the other side of the table, she probably would have.

"I have this friend. She likes someone." Yujin started.

"This is about your friend?" Minju sat back down.

"Just listen." The older girl nodded. "She likes someone, but she doesn't know if it'll be a good idea to tell them. She's worried if she does, they'll stop being friends."

"Aye...I've heard this many times before. Just tell them."

"You'll be okay with that?" Yujin's sudden question made Minju keep quiet for a second.

"Me?"

Yujin realised. "I mean, they'll be okay with that?"

Minju hums. "Who knows?" she rests her chin on her palm. "It varies from person to person. Some may distance themselves while others will like that they share that kind of information with them. At least there'll be no secrets. Is your friend close to that person?"

Yujin nods. "They've been friends for a long time."

"Personally, if I were that person, I'd want them to tell me. That's just me." Minju shrugs. "It's better than being all awkward, don't you think?"

Yujin stares at her, about to say something but got interrupted by the waitress.

"Thank you." Minju smiles at the waitress who seemed to be awestruck by her beauty.

The lady bows, letting them have some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter