Enemy's Burial

Yang Yoseob; Finding You

Yoseob slightly curved his lips, satisfied as he saw a small change in the expression of the intruder. He knew it would be hard to force this enemy to say a word but that was not what Yoseob wanted to achieve. He was sincere when he told the enemy of the princess's plan.

"We will give you a chance to see your friend for the last time," Yoseob continued as he hoped to see more response from this man.

Junho frowned and averted his eyes away from the small figure's look. He felt as if the imp could read him if their eyes met. Junho was confused, too confused. A burial? For an enemy? A burial? For a mere slave? He himself had never attended a burial because it was only done for the riches and free commoner but never for the slaves. Slaves were either burned or thrown in the sea. Even if the slaves’ body were buried, no burial ceremony will be done.

"Too bad if you don't want to go. The princess has picked a really nice tuxedo for him," Yoseob pouted, trying to use his specialty to fish the enemy.

Junho bit his lower lips out of frustration. A part of him wanted to trust this young man but another half was telling him that this was just a trap. What if it was not a trap? He could see Wooyoung again, giving him a proper goodbye. Wooyoung's worry came true and he felt bad that the smaller guy was shot instead of him. If only they listen to him and his hesitation.

"You won't lose anything if you go but you will lose a chance if you don't," Yoseob spoke as he seriously glared at the enemy. "We don't need anything from you anyway. I have my own way to find out who send you here," the little guy gave a sharp and confident look. It was nothing but the truth. He didn't really need this hard-headed man at all. At first he thought of giving this guy a second chance. If this stubborn guy gave information regarding his superior, Yoseob would provide him a comfortable life somewhere since now, he had the privilege. However, this stupid man was stupidly rejected his offer. Thus, he gave him the last chance to be at least a human instead of a mere slave.

Junho let out a heavy sigh. After listening to Yoseob words, the part where the imp said that he could use another method to find out about his boss, Junho made a very hard decision, a decision that he might or might not regret later. "Okay," he finally voiced out.

***************************************

The burial was done not far from the Lee's mansion, or should it now called as Yoseob's mansion. It was made at a top of a yellow-brownish grassy hill. There was a large oak tree where all the leaves were still intact and yet had turned brownish-orange. The wind was blowing softly, making the long grass waved gently, as if they understood that it was a farewell ceremony.

 Junho was given a black suit, a request from Jieun. He stood right beside Wooyoung opened-coffin as it was not yet shut, allowing him to have the chance to see the smaller man for the last time.

Wooyoung didn't look as if he was in pain. He looked so calm and peaceful. Junho smiled; at least the pain of the world left him. Junho didn't have faith in any religion thus, for him, if someone died, the person was vanished. However, seeing Wooyoung lying in the coffin peacefully made him wanted to believe that there was a life after death, that Wooyoung was now happy.

At the other side of the coffin, a grave hole was already dug neatly and a gasket lowering device was prepared on it to ease the process of lowering the coffin.  

 Doojoon and Hyunseung were standing a bit further behind the grieve man, giving space to Junho to properly grieve his lost.

"I don't see the rational of doing this," Doojoon spoke to himself. In his opinion, there was no advantage of treating enemies kindly. Enemies were supposed to be killed and destroyed before they did us first. Instead of doing this, they should start strategizing of their next move or at least find out who was the mastermind behind the attack that day.

"It's princess's demand. There's nothing we can do about it," Hyunseung replied as he heard Doojoon monologue, while his eyes were still focusing on Junho. He didn't want to lose their captive knowing how hard it would be to detain him once again.

"That imp could have just rejected her demand. I thought he would," Doojoon complaint as he huffed grumpily.

Hyunseung chuckled inertly as he thought how childish Doojoon was.

"But," Doojoon suddenly said in a serious tone. "I do hope he already has a plan," His eyes were glaring at their captive who was now burying the coffin of his mate.

Hyunseung immediately turned to Doojoon and saw the stern expression he emitted. Hyunseung quickly turned back to their captive, remembering his duty to ensure the captive stayed captivated. "I am sure he does,"

***************************************

Yoseob eyes were tightly closed as he sneezed while he was shooting. Still, the bullet was right at the centre of the target.  He then wiped his runny nose with the back of him palm which was still holding his gun.

"Gosh, I hope it's not a sign of winter," He huffed, blowing away his anxiety regarding the change of season.

The phone in his pants pocket vibrated for a second. Yoseob, the assassin always put his phone in a silent and short vibrate mode even for a call. He didn't want the noise to disturb him when he was focusing of doing what he do best, assassinating. Yoseob tucked his gun in his waist holster and took out the goggle from his head.

Yoseob inhaled with his half-blocked red nose as he took out the phone from his pants pocket. A large font of 'Dongni' was written on the screen. It was a nickname he gave to Dongwoon, a guy who was an expert in digging up information especially confidential information.

"Finally," Yoseob blurt as he picked up the call.

"Yo, lil bro. What took you so long?" Yoseob's eyebrows rose as he was slightly happy when the other person on the line contacted him.

"I am sorry, hyung. I was busy," Dongwoon sighed.

"Owh, really? I assume I am no longer your priority," Yoseob said with his poker face. His other hand was holding his waist.

"Hyung, please,” Dongwoon looked around, hoping his girlfriend was not nearby. “She might listen..." he whispered and could not finish his sentence as he feared that the girl could listen to him.

Yoseob chuckled, enjoying the funny reaction from the younger guy. "Well, you keep telling me about her and her neediness every time we meet. Can't blame me if I start to imitate her,"

"And I regret telling you," the voice sounded disappointed.

"Any news?" Yoseob asked, starting to be serious.

Dongwoon nodded automatically though he knew Yoseob could not see him. "I have searched. The weapons are not manufactured here which is weird. They are either self-made or..." Dongwoon paused, hesitated. “Made in the North,”

Yoseob eyebrows curled as he frowned. He found the situation strange. The border between the North and Central Korea was untouched as the land structure was not suitable for any development. There were lots of hills and high mountains. The forest was deep and fatally dangerous. It was where the scientists dumped all their failed experiments and chemicals decades ago, causing extreme mutation of flora and fauna of the forest. They became aggressive and monstrous. The clouds in that area were too thick and heavy which was why it was impossible for airplane to go through it.  

“Hyung, you know it’s not impossible,” Dongwoon suggested as Yoseob was silent for quite a while.

“I am sure they are manufactured. I saw the serial numbers,” Yoseob slightly squeezed his eyes, trying to focus in his thought, ignoring Dongwoon’s suggestion.

“Then, they are from the North,” Dongwoon emphasized his idea.

“It’s impossible,” Yoseob responded. “You can’t get out of there without any injury,”

“I hate to say this but you know I have no access to any information from the underworld,” Dongwoon sighed as he felt as if he had lost a battle. “You have to meet her,”

“It’s a him and you know I hate meeting him,” Yoseob stressed the word ‘him’. He already felt irritated. If only he had another option. Heechul or also called as Heemi was not a bad person but the way he treated Yoseob made him felt uncomfortable.

“Can’t you do it for me?” Yoseob pleaded.

“You know she will kill me if I go there,” Dongwoon whispered, hiding his voice.

Yoseob sighed. “When will you break up with this needy girl?”

“I don’t know, Hyung. I still love her anyway. You won’t understand, Hyung. Maybe you would if you start dating,”

“Not an option,” Yoseob quickly turned around as he heard a sound. He slightly smiled when he saw Doojoon was standing at the entrance of the shooting range. He’ll be a good distraction. He thought.

“I have things to do now. I’ll call you again” Yoseob quickly shut the call and shove the phone into his pants pocket as he made his way to Doojoon.

“Ok…” Dongwoon paused when he heard the beep, signaling him the call had ended. He sighed as he looked at his phone. “He didn’t even wait for my reply,” he pouted.

“You don’t have to end the call. I will signal you if it’s important,” Doojoon stated as he stood still like an army waiting for his superior’s instruction. Yet, his eyes softly gazed at Yoseob.

Yoseob shook his head. “It’s okay. I have an important task for you now,”

The little guy smirked causing the taller guy to frown in confused.