Interrogating the intruder

Yang Yoseob; Finding You

The light was switched on, revealing the true look of the luxurious English-concept room. It still had the same visual as before but a part of it was spoiled.

Jieun instantly notice the laying man on the pool of red crimson liquid beside the broken window. The blood not only on the floor but also splattered at the cream-coloured wall and thick classy curtain. It was not a sight that she wanted to see. It made her felt terrified. No matter how many bloodcurdling scenes she had seen in her illusion, the sight that she saw right now still gave her the strain feeling.

Gikwang realized how Jieun was looking at the dead guy at the end of the room. Her eyes were shaking and teary. Her breathing became slightly different. It was the first time she saw such scene in the reality. Gikwang didn’t sure what to do. Should he hold her like he always did? But this time, it was not illusion, even if he did, it won’t lost as an illusion would. Gikwang’s arm slowly moved to touch her but before he could feel a glimpse touch of her clothes, she was pulled away.

He was left dumbfound as he saw Yoseob was taking her hand and pulled her to the next room through the connecting door. Unexpectedly, it created a spark of fire in him.

Jieun tears instantly fell when she felt the warm hold in her hand. She was puzzled when the person took her away from the horrified sight. She was too blurred to question even in her own mind. Unknowingly, her feet followed the person willingly.

Yoseob swiftly stopped and turned to Jieun as they arrived the next room.

“Are you okay?” he concernedly asked as his eyes anxiously looked at Jieun teary expression.

Then, the connecting door was opened, revealing Gikwang who was holding the knob of the door. He paused, looking at Yoseob and Jieun scene. He looked uncomfortable with the situation but he still stood there.

Yoseob noticed Gikwang existent in the room and quickly instructed. “Kiki, can you take care of her? I want to help Seungie and Doojoon with the intruder,”

Gikwang nodded his head and walked into the room, closing the door.

However, before Yoseob could make a step to the door, a small cold hand approached his hand. Instantly, Yoseob turned to the owner of the hand, unconsciously looked into her teary eyes.

“What will happen to the dead person?” Jieun asked with her shaking and cracked voice.

“We may bury him somewhere,” Yoseob answered honestly, not knowing the intention of the girl who was still holding his hand.

“Without an actual burial event?” Jieun asked although she was quite sure with the answer.

Yoseob just nodded his head, frowning as he was curious with the princess’s questions.

“Can we do a burial ceremony for him? Just a simple one,” Jieun requested as her eyes kept looking in Yoseob’s round eyes.

Yoseob kept silent, not knowing what to answer. Her eyes were still shaking, most probably she was still trauma with the incident before but at the same time, those eyes showed determination. They showed that she was sincere with her words just now. A small burial ceremony would not harm him or anyone. As long as it soothed her, he didn’t mind.

“Can’t we?” Jieun asked again with a lower tone, showing her sadness towards Yoseob unresponsiveness.

Yoseob smiled and nodded. Carefully, he held Jieun cold hand which still locked with his and released her hold towards him. Then, he turned away from Jieun as he thought about the intruder that they captured before.

“Wait,” Jieun called.

Yoseob stopped but he didn’t turn his sight to Jieun. He just waited for what the princess wanted to say.

“You kill people, right? Could you stop it because most people scared of death?” she asked. No more sign of shaking in her voice. It sounded like an order instead of a request.

Yoseob was shocked with what he heard. Killing people was what he had done for years. There was no way he would stop doing that. He would not stop until he felt the world was a safe place. He would not stop until he found another way to protect others without killing.

Yoseob sighed. “I’m sorry,” with that, he walked out of the room to the detention area.

Gikwang just watched all the scenes happened with a burdened heart. He was not sure how to react, how to support the princess. This was the first time, the princess ever asked for something. This was the first time he heard the princess spoke out her mind. She was always timid and introvert. Was it because of Yoseob that she changed? Had Yoseob’s attitude influenced her?

*********

Yoseob reached the detention room and saw Hyunseung was sitting, looking through the glass where Doojoon and the intruder were in. Hyunseung was so concentrated that he didn’t notice Yoseob was entering the room.

“How’s it?” Yoseob broke the silent.

Hyunseung was a bit startled when he heard the voice. However, the feeling slowly disappeared when he saw Yoseob was standing beside him. His sight then turned back to Doojoon and the intruder before he answered simply. “It looks like he won’t say anything,”

“Then, don’t waste our time on asking him,” Yoseob replied calmly. “Hey, can I talk to him?” Yoseob suddenly excited.

Hyunseung was surprised with the sudden cheerfulness of Yoseob but he adapted to him fast. Hyunseung smiled and nodded. “Sure, let me call Doojoon first,” 

Two knock and paused. Then, another three knock to the glass. With that, Doojoon quickly stopped what he was doing and turned to Hyunseung although he could not see them. He sighed as he understood the meaning of the knocks and turned to the only entry of the white cubicle and walked out of it.

“What is…” Doojoon stopped as he noticed the presence of Yoseob. “Owh,” He reacted, still looking at Yoseob with his calm expression.  

“Can I talk to him for a minute? I promise, it just for a while,” Yoseob begged with his pouting face and his round puppy eyes.

Doojoon just nodded his head. It was his right as their boss after all. He didn’t even need to use the aegyo to ask for such things.

“Thanks, Doojoonie,” Yoseob replied joyfully before he disappeared through the ‘non-entry’ door.

Doojoon sighed. “Is it his habit to add –ie syllable after every name?”

Hyunseung chuckled, listening to Doojoon complaint. “Maybe,” and he continued with his small laugh.

Yoseob entered the white cubicle room. Even the room was surrounded with white concrete wall, it still looked small and cramp. There was a large white table with nothing on it. There was two black stainless steel chair, arranged opposite to each other as the intruder was chain to one of the chair.

Yoseob calmly sat opposite to the intruder. He leaned his back to the chair and tilted his head, looking at the intruder with the round curious eyes of him.

Junho just watched every of Yoseob movement with his sharp hateful looking eyes. He was ready for anything. He didn’t mind if he was killed. It was better than he spoke out a word.

“Hhmm?” he sounded as he noticed there was no response from the intruder except for the scary and sharp stare.

Junho frowned as he saw the childish attitude of Yoseob. Was this child trying to play with him? He smirked, if it was a game, he won’t lose.

Yoseob eyes rounded as he saw the slight curve at the intruder lips. He smiled. “You finally response,”

Hyunseung instantly bumped his head to the wall as he heard that while Doojoon just laughed loudly. He was not sure whether that guy was acting innocent or he was actually naïve for this part.

“Anyway, I just want to tell you something. You know, the princess, the girl that you wanted to kill before want to do a mini burial ceremony for your friend.” Yoseob paused, waiting for any reaction.

Junho serious expression changed to confuse. Was it for real? Or they just wanted to bait him to open his mouth.

 

 


I update.... Which I think, my explanation is a bit better this time.. :) Hope you enjoy reding it. Thanks for the comments and subscribe.