Nice to meet you

My idol wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next day with a small headache from the drinking yesterday as well as numbness in my hands from the wounds on my knuckles. I looked to my right and saw Seonghwa sleeping peacefully. All of the pain that I had felt before was gone now by the sight of him. I always wondered how it is possible for your child to erase all of your sadness and fatigue like how other people say, but having my own child I got to know the special power your child has. I caressed his stomach while continuing to stare at him while he kept sleeping. Even though Chaehyun has left me and left me in pain, she still left me with some happiness. I just stared at Seonghwa mindlessly until I noticed him already awake.

Seonghwa: Mommy.

Jahoon: You awake? Good morning, my dear. Did you sleep well?

I sat up in bed as Seonghwa crawled over to me and sat on my lap, facing me. He smiled widely at me and nodded. I chuckled at him and kissed him on his forehead. He looked at me and grabbed my hand to look at my bandaged hand.

Seonghwa: Mommy? Hurt?

He turned to look at me with a sad expression on his face. I looked at him a bit shocked at his question. He was more mature personality-wise than I had expected. I smiled at him and shook my head.

Jahoon: Mommy is alright. Mommy isn't hurting much. Don’t worry, mommy will be fine.

I reassured him but he still looked at me sadly and then suddenly leaned down to kiss on top of my bandaged hand and did the same to my other hand. I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to cry at his sentinel gesture. I hugged him and pulled him close to me, placing my chin on top of his head. I felt him trying to hug me too with his short arms. I chuckled at him.

Jahoon: I’m so proud of you for being this mature already for your age but can you stop for a bit? I don’t want you to grow up so fast.

I placed a kiss on his head. I then stood up with him in my arms and walked to the bathroom to get him ready for his daycare as well as get myself ready since I had a meeting with a customer later today. After we were done in the bathroom, we went into the kitchen to get some food. After finishing up, we got to the daycare where I said goodbye to him for the day and then quickly went to the café that was planned for the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: I have been sitting here for a while now and it is already past our meeting time! Where are they?!

I sat down at one of the tables in the café with my head in my hand in frustration. The meeting time was at 10 a.m which isn't that early in the morning but they still managed to arrive late. Here I have been sitting for more than half an hour. I was beginning to wonder if I should just go home instead of waiting any longer for them. They were the ones who reached out to me with an offer, not the other way around, so if they really are that desperate for a collaboration between their company and mine, then they better have arrived on time. I was about to pack my stuff and leave when a woman came running inside the café. She walked over to me, clearly out of breath as she had just run a whole mile.

Woman: Excuse me but are you Park Jahoon?

Jahoon: Yes, I am and who are you if I may ask?

Woman: My name is Kim Minjeong. I was the one who reached out to you about our company having a collaboration together. I’m very sorry for my late arrival. There was some heavy traffic and on top of that, I couldn’t find a parking spot anywhere!

Jahoon: I see…

I looked at her up and down discreetly. She looked legit enough and she also knew the content of why I was here. Still, I was a bit upset over her late arrival, maybe I could use it as my leverage? I smiled at her and pointed towards the chair opposite of me with my hand.

Jahoon: It is alright. It could happen for the best. Why don't you take a seat and rest a bit first? You must be tired from running. Is there anything you want to eat or drink? My treat.

Minjeong: Thank you so much. You are so sweet and nice but I think I should be the one treating you. After all, I arrived late.

Jahoon: Don't think about it. It is against my ethics to let a beautiful girl like you pay for a first meeting like this.

Minjeong: Much charming too, I see. Alright if that is what you want. Then I will get an iced americano with a slice of chocolate cake.

Jahoon: Coming right up for you.

I walked over to the counter and ordered for the both of us, paid, and walked back to the table with our orders. We sat there chatting for a while about the project that we initially were meeting about but soon after it kind of turned into a date. We began chatting about every kind of stuff that had nothing to do with the project. Who were we, what about our family, what do we like to do in our spare time, and so on. At first, I found it weird since I'm pretty much to the point person and only to the point but soon after it was kind of nice? In fact, I felt quite comfortable with her and she kind of gave me the impression that I could do and say anything I wanted to without any worries. We sat there for a while just comfortably talking to each other and before we knew it two hours had already passed by.

Minjeong: It is really fun to talk with you and I really want to get to know you more but unfortunately I have to go now.

Jahoon: It is alright. You must have some other things to do. Why don’t I walk you outside to your car?

Minjeong: That would be very nice but actually I have someone coming and fetching me up here soon but you can still wait with me.

I nodded. We both packed our stuff and headed outside to wait in front of the cafe. Minjeong looked from left to right, kind of looking for somebody or something. She then grabbed her phone to look at it.

Minjeong: She should already have been here but I don’t see her anywhere.

Jahoon: Why don’t you try and text her?

Minjeong: You are right! What a good idea!

Minjeong began texting but soon after the bright expression on her face turned into a worried one.

Minjeong: She is caught in a meeting and didn’t have time to find anyone else to pick me up. Seems like I have to take a taxi then.

Jahoon: I can drive you home if you want to.

Minjeong: No no! It is fine. I don’t want to bother you anymore. You probably have somewhere to go.

Jahoon: It is alright. I actually have some free time right now, so there will be no problems unless you don't want me to and I will respect your wishes.

Minjeong: Is that so? Then I will take you up on your offer. Maybe you can tell me more about yourself doing the ride?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter