Chapter 2

The Blood Moon

“Keon Hee! You should have called when you got here, we would have come down and helped you with him!” Geon Hak exclaims when the younger vampire manages to get into the apartment 15 minutes later with Hwan Woong still unconscious on his shoulder.

“It’s no big deal.” Keon Hee huffs, sweat beading on his brow, his sandy blonde hair limp against his forehead.

Geon Hak takes Hwan Woong from him. “Go take a shower and come to the nest. Young Jo hyung is in there with Seo Ho hyung and Dong Ju. I’m going to take Woongie for a quick bath before we go to the nest.”

“Are you sure? They gave him a tranquilizing stabilizer in the ambulance, I don’t know how long he’ll be out…” Keon Hee sighs.

Hwan Woong starts to stir in Geon Hak’s arms. “MM….Hakkie hyung….bacon…” He mumbles sleepily as he winds his arms around the older human and snuggles his head up against Geon Hak’s neck to scent him.

Geon Hak goes rigid as he feels Hwan Woong’s lips press against his neck. “Ye..yeah I’m sure.” He stutters out.

Keon Hee laughs. “Alright. No biting Woongie until you are in the nest. House rules.”

“Mmm not gonna bite him. Smells good.” Hwan Woong grumbles against Geon Hak’s neck, even though Keon Hee can see the younger’s tongue up against the elder’s neck.

Geon Hak visibly swallows, his Adam’s apple bobbing as he tries not to react to Hwan Woong’s affections to his neck. The slight scent of honey and bacon starts to fill the air as Hwan Woong activates Geon Hak’s scent gland. “Ook, I’m out.” Keon Hee flees the entry way towards his room. “I’ll see you in the nest. Don’t mark him too much Woongie!”

“Who’s marking who?” Young Jo’s voice calls out from the left, their nesting room. “Hwan Woong, stop molesting Geon Hak’s neck and go take a shower. We can smell you scenting him in here.”

“NO fun.” Hwan Woong pouts and pulls away from Geon Hak’s neck.

“Can you stand?” Geon Hak’s voice is low and a bit hoarse.

“hmm….nope.” Hwan Woong shakes his head and half yawns and giggles at the same time.

“What does tranquilizing stabilizers do to vampires hyung?” Geon Hak calls out to Young Jo as he shifts Hwan Woong in his arms.

Young Jo comes out of the nesting room, takes one look at Hwan Woong, palms over his face and laughs. “I know the situation isn’t supposed to be funny, and to answer your question....they are supposed to knock vampires out, make us sleep for several hours, but they must have given Woong a very low dose to calm him till he got here.” Young Jo walks up to Geon Hak and pets Hwan Woong on the head, trying not to laugh as the younger nuzzles into his hand. “Basically, he’s blood drunk right now. You’ve never seen it before because this only really happens during Blood moon week when the moon is at her peak.”

“We won’t see it this year because of our turning, right?” Geon Hak asks, as Hwan Woong sighs, snuggling up against Geon Hak again, but just laying his nose against the elder’s neck this time. Geon Hak relaxes, though the tightness in his pants is making him uncomfortable. He’s always enjoyed being scented by his future mates and he doubts that will change once he’s turned.

“No, you and Dong Ju will be in the middle of your turning when the moon is at her peak, and we will be surrounding you but not in this state. The turning ritual is quite different during a Blood moon.” Young Jo replies.

“Hyungie…I need you.” Hwan Woong whines suddenly and Young Jo finds himself full Hwan Woong as the younger twists in Geon Hak’s arms to launch himself at the eldest of their group.

“Whoa, slow down there, tough guy.” Young Jo soothes. “You need to go with Geon Hak, and take a quick shower, get the smell of blood of you and then you can come cuddle with me and the others in the nest, ok?” as Young Jo talks, his voice takes on a soft baby tone.

Hwan Woong sniffs and nods. “Ok Hyungie.” He relaxes back in Geon Hak’s arms. “I’ll be good for Hakkie hyung.”

“Is he always this submissive when blood drunk?” Geon Hak asks, eyes wide.

Young Jo frowns. “No, but if I remember correctly, he’s never had a tranquilizer before, so none of us have seen him like this.” He looks at the younger. “Go quickly while he’s in this state. I think Keon Hee’s almost done with his shower, so he’ll be here soon to help with Seo Ho, and I’ll come help you.”

Geon Hak nods, his dark grey hair falling into his eyes. “Ok hyung.”

Young Jo stops him from turning, reaching up to tenderly brush the hair from Geon Hak’s eyes, tracing his cheek softly. No other words are spoken before Geon Hak moves down the hall effortlessly with Hwan Woong snuggled up to his neck again, a faint trail of honey and bacon left in their wake.

“How’s Seo Ho hyung holding up?” Keon Hee asks as he steps from his room back towards Young Jo a moment later.

“He’s calm now. Sleeping. Dong Ju is watching over him.” Young Jo responds, turning towards Keon Hee, taking in the youngers posture. “How are you holding up?”

Keon Hee sighs. “Wait until we get into the nest. Then I can let go.” He says and Young Jo can tell it’s taking all of Keon Hee’s mental will power not to break down and cry right there.

Young Jo walks up to Keon Hee, reaching up to caress his cheek with a hand, tracing a faint scar that was left from something Keon Hee swears was from his childhood. “Go to the nest, stay with Seo Ho and Dong Ju. I’m going to go help Geon Hak with Hwan Woong. He’s blood drunk off the tranquilizer right now and in a very submissive head space.”

“And Geon Hak hyung has no experience with it.”  Keon Hee catches on right away. “Got it. I’ll stay with Seo Ho hyung and Dong Ju. I…I don’t know what state of mind I’ll be in when you get back hyung.” He catches Young Jo’s hand and presses a soft kiss into the palm of his hand.

“I’ll take care of you all, don’t worry.” Young Jo promises.

“We will take care of each other, hyungs.” Dong Ju’s voice is raspy from the doorway to the nest, startling them both. The maknae’s long blonde hair is loose, hanging off his shoulders, signaling he’d been laying down. Normally he keeps it up in a ponytail of some sort, rarely leaving it down when he’s awake unless it’s needed for aesthetic purposes.

Keon Hee nods, pats Young Jo on the shoulders and heads towards Dong Ju. Young Jo turns, gazing at his mates, a softness in his dark eyes as he watches Dong Ju gather Keon Hee up, ushering their tallest member into the nesting room. Dong Ju looks at him, worry in his eyes. Young Jo nods once and turns to head towards Hwan Woong’s shared room.

Getting Hwan Woong cleaned up is not an easy feat. Between Gun Hak and Young Jo, they manage to get the scent of blood off him and dried off enough that he won’t trigger Seo Ho into another panic attack. The longer Hwan Woong is awake, the quicker the tranquilizing stabilizer is starting to wear off, and Young Jo notices that he’s starting to come out of the submissive headspace he’s in when he stops trying to scent Geon Hak.

“Can you stand on your own now Woongie?” Geon Hak asks Hwan Woong tugs down the shirt placed over his head.

Hwan Woong hums a moment. “I can try.” He finally replies. Young Jo and Geon Hak stand on either side of him as Hwan Woong sighs, pushing off the bed and wobbles dangerously forward before rocking back on his feet a few times. “I’m…gonna need support hyungs, but I think I can walk on my own.”

They manage slowly, Geon Hak letting Hwan Woong hold onto him and Young Jo behind him in case Hwan Woong falters. They make it to the nesting room, and Young Jo lets out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in when Hwan Woong lets out a tiny sob of relief when he crawls up into the large bed made for all 6 of them, snuggling up into the pile of bodies that comprises of Seo Ho and Keon Hee’s sleeping forms. Dong Ju’s laying with them, but he’s awake. “Blood delivery was made while you were helping.” He tells Young Jo as Geon Hak settles down behind Seo Ho.

“Thank you.” Young Jo reaches out and squeezes one of Dong Ju’s legs. “Does it need to be put away or?”

“I took care of it.” Dong Ju shakes his head. “Other than groceries for me and Geon Hak hyung for the week, we shouldn’t have to go out, but I think I can ask my twin to bring us some if he’s not pledged to his group this moon yet.”  Dong Ju’s unique in that he has a twin brother named Dong Myeong who was in a band in college called ONEWE who also happened to be a mixed group of supernaturals of vampires and fae. When Dong Ju and Seo Ho had met at college the semester before, Dong Myeong hadn’t known ONEWE was a supernatural group and had just auditioned for the band to be their keyboardist as the previous one had left due to graduating.

Ironically it had been Dong Myeong that had outed Seo Ho to Dong Ju one day on the college green while they were enjoying a bit of the warm weather, having come to tell his twin brother he was going to be joining the band permanently and becoming a vampire on the next Blood moon.

Young Jo nods. “We should all sleep some, then talk about things when we are all awake and fresh.” He suggests when he sees Dong Ju fighting back a yawn.

Pretty soon everyone but Young Jo is asleep, and he finds sleep elusive as he lays next to his mates. He sighs softly, eyes closed as he thinks about his mates, thoughts drifting from one to another. How Keon Hee shifts in his sleep to accommodate Hwan Woong snuggling up to him, Dong Ju snoring softly in his sleep, even Seo Ho whining a little as he shifts to nuzzle into Geon Hak’s neck as everyone slowly shifts and moves around on the bed.

Their world is not kind to those who are innocent and Young Jo desperately wants to protect his precious mates. He’d been the first of their group to break away from his parent group, coming to college to become a music producer. He’d met Seo Ho randomly at a mixer for vampires looking for a random hook up but not a group during his sophomore year, and they’d hit it off a lot easier than expected considering Young Jo tends to throw people off with his often-realistic personality. After several hook ups, Seo Ho had asked if he wanted to form their own little group and Young Jo had realize he’d fallen for the little squirrel of a vampire with his squishy little cheeks and giggly laugh and bright eyes.

After several months of just the two of them, Seo Ho had come home to their first apartment with Hwan Woong in tow, the younger vampire still fresh from separating from his parent group. Hwan Woong came with Keon Hee, and they’d gone from a group of 2 to 4 within a year of Young Jo starting his junior year of college. Life was quiet, until Geon Hak had literally stumbled upon them out at the park one mid-summer eve, on a rare night they all were feeling a bit blood drunk and not caring that they were scaring away humans from their spot. Hwan Woong had just gotten accepted into the intern program with the special forces unit and they had gone out to celebrate. They’d just settled down into their favorite moon watching spot in the park when Hwan Woong had yelped and a then blonde-haired Geon Hak had tumbled into the middle of their pile, a surprised look of embarrassment on his face and apologies bubbling up out of his mouth as soon as the shock wore off. After dusting him off, they’d invited him to hang out after finding out his night vision wasn’t the greatest and soon, he’d become a regular visitor to their home, and their nest.

It hadn’t been much later that Dong Ju had met Seo Ho since they were in the same degree program together, and then 2 months later that Dong Ju had found out about Seo Ho being a vampire.

Young Jo smiles, thinking back on his memories. How Geon Hak has just a semester left of his Early Childhood Education degree before he can go become a teacher, and Hwan Woong has a year left before he becomes a full member of the special forces. How Dong Ju and Seo Ho are still deep in the middle of their degrees for Performing Arts. Keon Hee is about to graduate and how he just finished up his latest demo for the newest project of the record label he’s now working for. With these thoughts in mind, Young Jo finally falls off into a fitful slumber.

**

Dong Ju’s woken up an hour after falling asleep by a throaty growl and being crushed against a muscular chest. “Geon Hak hyung.” He gasps.

“Oh not again.” He hears Hwan Woong sigh from off to his right as he struggles to free himself from Geon Hak’s vice like grip around his chest.

“Yah! Geon Hak! Let Dong Ju go! You’re crushing him again!” Seo Ho’s voice is off to his left, and Dong Ju can feel hands prying Geon Hak’s arms off his chest.

“MINE.” Geon Hak’s sleepy voice snarls in his ear and Dong Ju winces in pain, letting out a whimper as the elder bites down on the back of his neck.

“It’s like he’s a damn wolf this close to the moon.” Seo Ho grumbles.

“Pull more towards you, hyung.” Hwan Woong’s voice is strained.

“We should DNA test him, I swear to god.” Keon Hee grumbles.

“Not. Helping.” Dong Ju gasps.

The vampires double their efforts to loosen Geon Hak’s arms enough that Dong Ju can slip out from them. Geon Hak snarls in his sleep as Young Jo slips a thick pillow in Dong Ju’s place, scented with a light sedative to calm the older human down.

Dong Ju in a deep lungful of air and turns to his future group mates. “Thank you hyungs.” He rubs at his neck where Geon Hak bit him and winces at the sting, biting his lip when his hand comes back with a streak of red in it.

“Did he draw blood this time?!” Keon Hee’s voice raises an octave as he grabs Dong Ju’s hand and inspects it.

Seo Ho’s at his back, peering at his neck. “Yep, and I see some slight teeth imprints too. Either he’s getting stronger, or the repeated biting on the back of the neck this last week is starting to leave a permanent mark.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea that you sleep next to him until after the turning.” Young Jo groggily suggests, blinking sleep from his eyes.

“Do we want to wake Geon Hak hyung up for the group talk?” Keon Hee asks as he looks over at the muscular human, who’s still sleeping, arms tightly hugging the pillow.

“We should. Delaying it means wasted time we could be preparing on how to handle staying home the rest of the week.” Dong Ju points out. “I’ll text Dong Myeong about helping us out with stuff or if he knows anyone that can help us out if he’s unavailable while you wake wolf boy over there up.” Dong Ju leaves the room. They don’t keep their phones in the nesting room as a rule of thumb to reduce distractions from time with each other.

Keon Hee sighs, looking over at Geon Hak. “It’s so bizarre that Geon Hak hyung is displaying werewolf tendencies this close to the moon and he swears up and down there are no werewolves in his family line.”

“No use worrying about it until after the turning.” Seo Ho shrugs. “If he does have werewolf DNA, we’ll know then. I’ve never detected anything unusual in his blood when he lets us have some.”

Hwan Woong looks over at Young Jo. “It doesn’t matter if he does or not. He’s still going to become part of our group. As long as things don’t go wrong during the turning.”

Young Jo nods. “I’ll make sure we’re prepared for the possibility that he has werewolf DNA in his history. Best to be safe than sorry.”

“What kind of prep does that entail?” Seo Ho asks. He’d come from a small parental group and didn’t know much about rituals, so he was always curious about them.

“Just means we need freshly killed meat after he’s drained of blood and needs to feed.” Young Jo shrugs. “Alright, let’s wake the muscle boy up while Dong Ju is out.”

It takes a few minutes, Geon Hak accidentally placing a kick to Keon Hee’s side in his sleep and smothering Geon Hak’s face in kisses by Seo Ho, who was more than happy to comply, to get Geon Hak to wake up.

“Why do I feel like I bit something in my mouth?” Geon Hak grimaces as they move to the living room.

Hwan Woong and Seo Ho exchange glances. “Uh.” Seo Ho coughs and stares at his phone.

“I’m going to go get some water.” Hwan Woong darts for the kitchen. “Anyone else want some?”

“Yes please!” Keon Hee chimes.

Young Jo sighs. “You bit Dong Ju on the back of the neck in your sleep while you crushed him to your chest and snarled ‘mine.’ And would not let him go easily.” He hates having to be the bad guy. “Until you two are turned, no sleeping next to each other in the nest.”

Geon Hak frowns. “Is he ok? Is that why he’s not here?”

“I’m fine, just a scratch.” Dong Ju grumbles, coming into the room from his share room. “Myeong won’t be able to help us, he’s set to turn as well during Blood moon.”

Young Jo sighs again. “It may be for the best. Fraternal twin or not, you two do sound alike and from the back look a lot alike so if someone is targeting our group, they may mistake him for you and attack him.”

“That’s what I told him, so he’s going to stay low with ONEWE and not go out until after he’s turned.” Dong Ju goes over to Seo Ho and sits down beside him, watching the older vampire as he plays some game on his phone.

“Well, I suppose we should get this talk over with.” Young Jo sighs, glancing over at Hwan Woong, whose staring at one of his hands, which was sporting a lovely bruise. It was rare that they bruised, but the tiny vampire had been beat up pretty good by whomever had assaulted him. “Woong, you wanna start?”

Hwan Woong takes a deep breath. “I suppose.” He wipes his hands on his thighs and looks up at each one of his mates and future mates for a moment, making sure the eye contact lasts several seconds before moving on to the next member. “Keon Hee and I left to go to the store to pick up groceries when I was assaulted in the alley next to the grocery store. Keon Hee’s quick thinking and calling the special forces saved my life.” He swallows. “When the medics patched me up, they said I had a concussion, a fractured ankle and some internal bleeding from being thrown up against the wall several times by my assailant. I….I remember fighting against him as he tried to force my head to the side, I’m assuming to drain me of blood. I don’t know if he knew I was a vampire at first, but when he got close to my neck, he realized it.” Hwan Woong felt Keon Hee’s hand rubbing at his shoulders as he spoke, and it bolstered him to continue.

“As soon as the assailant realized I was a vampire, he dropped me and fled.” Hwan Woong continued. “At the same time, I heard noises down the alley and then Jimin and RM hyungs from the special forces were flying down the alley and rescued me.”

Everyone was quiet as Hwan Woong was speaking, and once he finished, Young Jo looks over at Seo Ho. “You want to go next Little Squirrel?”

Seo Ho looks at him and nods. “So, after my first class was over, I was going to meet Dong Ju at the square before our shared class when I felt a pair of eyes on me.” He shudders as he remembers the eyes on him. “I…I’ve been stalked before, when I was really little.” He admits, picking at a fingernail. “My mom says it was a bad fae looking for an innocent vampire child to do some bad things with, but all I can remember then was the feeling of being watched and so this time was the same. When looking around to see if someone was trying to catch my attention, I noticed a pair of men ducking around the corner of one of the campus buildings. So I called Dong Ju and ran into one of the lockable buildings and stayed there. I don’t remember anything after that until Dong Ju came and only bits and pieces after that until we were back in the nesting room.”

“Thank god I wasn’t far away.” Dong Ju says. “Hyung was already in a panic mode when I got there, and so I stayed with him and called Young Jo hyung to come get us. I didn’t see anything suspicious, but I don’t have the same senses you guys do yet.”

“So what happens next?”

“RM and Jimin sunbaenims have asked us to lay low for now.” Hwan Woong says. “They are investigating both incidents and will let us know if they are related or not.”

“Oh, I’m sure they are related. How can they not?” Keon Hee snorts. “They both happened around the same time, on the same day?”

“Does someone have a grudge on any one of us?” Geon Hak asks, steering the conversation away from the what ifs. “Anyone that’s mad at Dong Ju and I for pledging and not being accepted before us?”

“Anyone who hates your parent groups?” Dong Ju pipes up, “We shouldn’t leave anything to speculation.”

“No one else has wanted to join our group before you two.” Young Jo says, frowning. “We’ve never had anyone approach us before.”

“And out of all of us here, I’m the only one who’s had a parent group disbanded because of the Vampire council.” Keon Hee adds. “No one is left of my parent group. Most of them committed suicide or were trialed and executed after being found guilty of treason against the Council.”

“Even you’re sires?” Dong Ju was shocked.

Keon Hee nods. “Even my sires.” He shrugs. “I’ve no love for the ones lost to their own greed or insanity. They raised me to be a puppet prince for them. If it hadn’t been for Woongie here, I would have never survived on my own.” He nudged Hwan Woong, smiling brightly at the shorter vampire who snorted and pushed back.

“You learned well enough on your own after I taught you the basics.” Hwan Woong mumbles, face turning red as he looks away from Keon Hee.

“Anyway, back to the topic at hand. We need to go out as a group, well, minus Dong Ju and Geon Hak, maybe.” Young Jo muses, one hand tapping at his chin in concentration. “IF we need to go out at all. We have enough blood to last us the week, including the ritual for turning for both. Our biggest need is food though.”

“We have enough groceries to last us if we eat minimally throughout the week.” Geon Hak offers.

“But to get you two ready for the turning, we need you both well fed and sated 2 days before the Blood moon, which means we don’t have enough food.” Seo Ho points out.

“That’s 3 full meals a day.” Dong Ju points out, frowning. “How much food do we have to make it without you 4 eating food and just taking in blood?”

“Not enough of either to do so, I’m afraid.” Young Jo shakes his head. “Even if we feed off each other and the blood in the fridge, it won’t be quite enough to take the edge off.”

“But what about…?” Geon Hak points at himself and Dong Ju.

“After tonight we’re not allowed to touch either of you for any sips until the rituals start.” Keon Hee says, getting what Geon Hak is implying.  

“So we can’t go out unless we leave our human mates behind, but we need groceries.” Seo Ho grumbles. “And Dong Ju’s twin is out because he’s also turning this Blood moon, and therefore we have no one to get us things, but we’re being targeted for some stupid reason?” He stands up. “This is stupid. We have no proof.” He looks at each of them. “And until we have proof, I’m going to classes like normal. Nothing can stop me.”

A ping from Hwan Woong’s phone sounds loudly in the silence that follows Seo Ho’s outburst. He pulls it up, reads it and exhales loudly. “RM and Jimin want to have a group meeting.” He says. “They found something at the alley that may provide proof.”


I got done with this chapter earlier than expected. I enjoyed writing blood drunk Hwanwoong, and I hope you all enjoyed it too. (Blood drunk Hwanwoong may or may not show back up later on in another chapter). Also Geonhak getting flustered by Hwanwoong was also a part I loved writing NGL.

Next chapter is currently in progress, and I have a 3 day weekend coming up so I'm going to try to get a few chapters ahead as I have a couple of conventions coming up to attend (one is a local one, the other is Colorado Anime Fest in Denver Colorado in a few weeks) and I doubt I'll have time to write during COAF, the local convention does cater to writers so I may have time to write there. Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter, leave me a Kudos or a comment! I thrive on feedback, so please let me know what you think!!