bedsheet

just a thought

unedited. don't ask too much from me.

 

----

 

"why don't you move in with me?"

 

seungwan turned away from leaning into her best friend, seulgi, to look at her with a furrowed eyebrows hearing what her the girl just suggested.

 

“what?”

 

“i said you should just move in with me,” the girl repeated, stretching lazily on the couch where they were cuddling on, “you just said you wanted to move out from your parents’ house, right?”

 

“yes,” she answered, “but why would i want to live with you?” she asked, “also, isn’t that a little weird?”

 

this time, it was seulgi who looked at her with a furrowed eyebrows, “why would that be weird?” she asked, “we’re best friends! you're practically living here ever since i moved in here, two months ago anyways,”

 

“that’s not true, i haven’t even slept here overnight,”

 

seulgi rolled her eyes, “details, details,” she said waving her hand carelessly, “you’re here in the morning bringing breakfast; you’re here after you get off work to eat dinner; and you’re here on the weekend just to bum around or play with me.” she enumerated raising one finger for each point.

 

“okay,” seungwan started, sitting straight up, “number one: you’re a baby and your mom asked me to make sure you’ll have breakfast before coming to work; number two: you’re hopeless and i just know you won’t eat anything and just hibernate after work and; number three: you’re the shameless one always asking me to do something in the weekend,” she said, “be it to ‘help’ you cook where i end up cooking everything or to help you clean up only to be pulling me to watch movies instead. you are the one being a bum every weekend.”

 

rolling her eyes playfully, seulgi nudged her best friend, “as if you don’t enjoy that,” she said, “so what do you say?”

 

“no.”

 

clear, quick and simple rejection made seulgi blink. “no?”

 

“no,” seungwan repeated.

 

seungwan had been friends with seulgi for a long time to easily recognize when a foreign look on passed through the latter’s face. but before she could place it to what that was, the look was gone.

 

“why not?” seulgi asked, in that half aegyo voice that usually makes seugwan cringe but since it seulgi, she can only roll her eyes fondly.

 

“yah, don’t be ridiculous, kang seulgi, we just finished college and now you’re asking me to move in with you? what happens when i get a boyfriend? what if you get a boyfriend?”

 

like a light switch, seulgi’s aura of playfulness rolled off and gave her another look.

 

now, everybody knows that seungwan finds it amazing seeing ‘gap king kang seulgi’ when her best friend is on stage performing but seeing it in this context felt a little off for her. there’s a gnawing feeling that she did something wrong.

 

before seungwan could process the change though, seulgi gave a blinding smile saying, “you’d really hate to move in with me, don’t you?” in her natural teasing voice that would make anyone think that everything is fine.

 

..but seungwan is not anyone.

 

seungwan is kang seulgi’s best friend and as much as she need not to say anything for her to be read by seulgi, she easily can say the same.

 

before seungwan could dig into it deeper, seulgi turned her attention back to the movie they were watching and made a casual comment about it like nothing is wrong. maybe nothing is wrong so she tried to brush off the feeling and went on with the usual hangout.

 

*

 

it’s now eleven in the evening and seulgi is still wide awake laying on her bed. it's been hours since seungwan went home. normally she would be passed out on her bed by now after all the goofing around they do on the weekends but tonight feels different. she doesn’t know why.

 

seulgi sighed, who is she kidding? she knows exactly why she’s so..bothered.

 

it wasn’t like her best friend was obligated to say yes to moving in her. in fact, it was just a thought that she half-intentionally blurted out and seulgi was only half serious about the offer anyways, so why is she so bothered with the rejection?

 

tossing on her bed, seulgi lied to her side.

 

“it’s not like having a roommate is such a drag when she did have a boyfriend,” seulgi muttered to herself, “if she will have a boyfriend,” she paused, “why does she want a boyfriend anyways?!” she said, frustrated as she tossed to lie on her back.

 

*

 

it's two in the morning and seungwan still haven’t had a wink of sleep.

 

her day in seulgi’s apartment went as it always does when the two of them spend time on the weekends. usually, she’d just passed out satisfied and feel refreshed for another work week but for some reason, seungwan has this gnawing feeling about today’s events.

 

it was not like she can’t say ‘no’ to her best friend. in fact, she had told seulgi ‘no’ many times than any other average person can do to the very adorable kang seulgi.

 

the kangs always gives whatever their ‘princess’ asks for, even her brother who teases her to no end can’t seem to say no to her idiot sister. their friends isn’t immune to seulgi looking a kicked puppy when they say no to her so they eventually give in. it’s always seungwan who had to be the bad cop.

 

well, given that seulgi only ask for few things for herself, she supposed it was a fair trade.

 

seungwan never had a problem saying ‘no’ to seulgi so why for the love of god is it an issue for her now?

 

it wasn’t like she didn’t want to live with seulgi it’s just that she pictured her independent life as an adult as..

 

“damn it,” seungwan exclaimed to her empty room as she suddenly rose from her bed, running a hand through her hair. “what the heck,” she whispered to herself, feeling her heart beating too rapidly.

 

then she found herself getting her phone from the bedside table and typing:

 

okay fine, you win. i'll move in with you BUT that shrekcore uglyass bedsheet MUST go.

 

she sent it before she even thought much about it. seulgi will probably see it in the morning and she didn’t care, she just wanted to rid herself of the burden so she could sleep peacefully. so she was a bit surprised hearing her phone vibrate as she was trying to find another position to sleep.

 

i was gonna give you the spare room but since you insist on sleeping with me, my favorite super comfy and fluffy bedsheet will be scrapped by tomorrow :D

 

feeling the heat in her face, seungwan refused to respond to that. not even to correct seulgi's wording about sleeping arrangements.

 

she blames it on the vision she saw when she tried to picture her ‘independent life as an adult’ only to be seeing..

 

seulgi failing to cook something.

seulgi trying to massage her shoulders after a long day at work.

seulgi smiling at her with her face messy as eats another baking experiment she did.

seulgi moving some furniture looking sweaty.

seulgi beside her as they snuggle on the couch watching a movie.

seulgi’s face when she open her eyes in the morning.

seulgi, seulgi, seulgi..

 

seungwan thinks she’s ed.