Special Chapter 2

Basta Angkas Rider, Sweet Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I saw this mysterious girl. Kakapasok niya lang sa room. I am early kasi time is gold. Not that I am being nerdy ha, but I like to see everything kasi. No one's here pa but her. She's wearing hoodie na navy with printed na maliit na bear sa left part. Black haired and medyo singkit. She's not European based on her looks. Asian maybe?

 

"Hi." I greeted but she didn't even bother to look at me. What's wrong with her? Then isa isa ng nagdatingan yung mga classmates namin. This is an art class na short course lang naman so medyo diverse yung mga students. Mostly are interested lang sa arts or gusto lang matuto ng another skill.

 

While the professor is teaching us something, I tried to look at her once more. I can see that the boys at the back are annoying her too. It's not unusual naman here when they see weird girl or boy, they usually do that, to make fun lang. I used to be a part of that kind of group kasi but after college graduation, I guess maturity hits hard and I sort of have a change in my attitude.

 

The next day, I go to my usual routine, and I saw her again, same as her routine yesterday. She's wearing tee now, but same bear printed in her tee. She likes bear, I guess. She looks like one actually. I didn't make an attempt na to greet her baka mareject nanaman ako. That routine became our habit, na pumasok then aantayin ko siya na sumunod.

 

After a week, our professor calls us to present our art. She wants us to know where we are na kasi when it comes to drawing and such so, she can identify the groups she plans to make for our activity. She shows this abstract na hindi ko maintindiham but there's something in it. Our professor compliments her and she explains what’s that abstract is all about. It's about the society we live in.

 

 

Unfortunately, hindi kami naging magkagroup kasi I am more into fashion, and she is more into abstract na drawing talaga

 

"Hey weirdo." I heard one of the boys at the back calling her. Our professor is absent kasi. Ofcourse she didn't answer back. It's her usual doings. She mastered the art of not talking na ata kaya mas naaasar yung mga boys at the back cause she doesn't look bothered at all.

 

………….

 

 

As I am passing to the rest room before I go home, I heard noises.

 

"Come on just let me taste you once then my group will not bother you anymore." It's one of the boys at the class with my bear seatmate look alike.

 

"I'd rather let the girl beside me touch me than you." I was flusterred. Is she talking about me? She knows me? She's not fighting back though. Good thing na may dumaan na janitor kaya she was able to escape.

 

The next day, she didn't attend our class. Ano kaya nangyare dun? The discussion became a bit boring because a certain presence is absent.

 

…………

 

 

"Hi Ms. Sungit." I dont know if she can understand my word, if not so be it. I am surprised when she looks at me wearing that questionable look. She just looks at me though.

 

"Ms Sungit." I again called her.

 

"Hm?."

 

I heard her. The first word she said to me is a moan. How awesome.

 

"You want to go grab some lunch?"

 

"Do I know you?" She asks with confuse look na as if hindi talaga niya ako kilala. Medyo nakakahurt ng ego.

 

"I am Sunmi but just call me Miya."

 

"Glad to know. Thanks." She didn't accept my hand. Ms. Sungit is indeed Ms. Sungit.

 

 

And after that I always ask her anything under the sun na pwede kong itanong mapansin niya lang ako. I don’t know maybe a word from her everyday kahit wala sa kanya means something, a lot more to me. I ask her like what color does she wants, or where she lives, or even her embarrassing moments. Sometimes she answered me back naman if it is petty, or mababaw yung question but if it’s too personal, she will just look for a second then looks away na. I thought I just wanted to know her, what I didn’t know that everyday pala, what I am doing led to a deeper connection. Then after a month, I decided to really make the biggest move. I discovered kasi from our professor na she will have her birthday. She became the teacher's favorite kaya mas gusto siya bullyhin. I gave her this book. My favorite book. I ask her out in the simplest way. I waited days so I didn’t expect anything na she will return it pa until one day.

 

"Does it mean we are friends now?"

 

"Wag ka masyadong ngumiti, hindi bagay."

 

"Noted on that Bear."

 

"Bear?"

 

"Cause you look like one. My bear."

 

 

She's quiet but adorable. She's so much in pain as I can see on how she looks at people. Ever since naging magkaibigan kami, I warn everyone to never ever lay a finger on her or else I will remove that finger.

 

I introduce her to my friends, Joy and Wendy. To my surprise nagclick yung ugali nila ni Joy. Joy is one of the hardest to please, but she was able to be Joy's favorite friend. Each day, nakikita ko kung paano yung pain in her eyes turns to a more comfortable one with happiness. Can I say that I contributed to that happiness? We talk and talk and talk, the time became too fast for us na sana hindi na namin need matulog kasi laging bitin. I know that this is wrong, but I can’t help it. I can’t help being near to her.

 

"I am craving for ice cream." Sinabi ko sa kanya over the phone. Then after a couple of minutes, may nagdoorbell.

 

"Bear! Why did you... oh ice cream."

 

 

I didn’t notice the time that I want her more. Na hindi nalang to pagpapapansin sa kanya.

 

 

"Hey Bear, pick me up please."

 

"Oo naman malakas ka sa akin eh."

 

 

I crave for her attention, not just in a friendly way. I crave for her eyes to look at me not just because we are friends, but I want her to look at me as if I am the only person she wants in this world.

 

"Bili tayo. Parehas ng design oh. Bear necklace."

 

 

I want her and I dont know how to think anymore everytime na maaalaala kong hindi naman ito pangmatagalan.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter