❄️ chapter 7: a farewell party

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter soundtrack:
you - dj regard, tate mcrae, and troye sivan

 

❄️ 

 

Joo Gyeokchan, the only son of Joo family, heir of J Corp— one of the biggest South Korea's media groups which runs mass media enterprises such as television, radio, motion pictures, and online media channels. 

Everyone at Korea National College of Arts knew him. The chaebol, the star from KNCA school of music, department of Instrumental Music. Some would want to be his friends so they could get the exposure into entertainment industry and be those cool people at campus. But Gyeokchan was picky, and so there he was... 3 years at college, and he had been spending most of his times with 2 closest friends of his— Oh Byeongtae and Oh Gwangtae. The twin brothers from dance major who were known as the social butterflies at the campus.

Thanks to Byeongtae and Gwangtae, Gyeokchan knew a lot of people at the college and the most updated gossips without having to look for them by his own. It would be such a hassle for him.

And that night, thanks to the Oh twins, Gyeokchan's house which was usually quiet, suddenly became a club for the night with a crowd of people.

"You guys initiated this. I don't remember agreeing to this idea at all." Gyeokchan grinned as he sipped his whiskey at the bar— actually it was the kitchen island at his house, but the twins managed to magically decorated and made it into a mini bar. 

Gwangtae, who was scratching his head shouted to Gyeokchan, making sure his voice was heard while the upbeat music was playing loudly at the background. "Yeah, I did! But you let me do this anyway! And this is already like what— the fourth time we did this? It's actually fun!" He paused. "But damn, I think tonight some of these people invited some friends into the party without letting us know. This party was supposed to be exclusive... I need to talk with the men who guide the door for tonight. I think they're slacking. We might run out of the beverages before the party ends!"

Byeongtae, the other twin came in a rush. "Hey! The delivery man just came with another batch of our additional orders." He handed Gyeokchan a black card— some people would say eomma's card, but the Oh twins always called it hyungnim's card. "Thanks for paying, man! You're cool!"

Gyeokchan took the card from his friend and put it inside his jeans pocket. He took another sip of his whiskey, and his eyes wandered around the room.

His house, indeed, was really crowded that night, although the place was really spacious. His parents got this house for Gyeokchan when he entered college. The house was just one of the properties his parents owned, though. After finishing high school, he requested to move in and live alone so he could live freely, and his parents let him choose a place to stay— and the man chose Gangnam. You could see it as one of the elite area in Seoul. 

"Hey," Gyeokchan called Gwangtae who were busy chekcing the guest list. "Relax, Gwangtae. It's fine. Everyone can fit in here. The more the merrier."

Upon hearing that, Gwangtae laughed out loud. "I know you like my idea."

The Oh twins were the Gods of party. They could magically turn Gyeokchan's living space into a whole dance floor, and they hired one of the famous DJ in Seoul. No wonder, this talent could be something they got as the children of South Korea's biggest concert promoter.

When the upbeat music got louder, the crowd turned crazier. Some of them showed off their best moves on the dance floor, some even had some mini dance off on the other side. Gyeokchan chuckled as he saw one of the guys who tried to show off their move to the girls failed. 

Byeongtae who sat next to him on the bar stool nudged Gyeokchan. "Hey, you don't want to dance? I spent a lot of money for those lightings on the floor. It really gives off a night club vibe, huh?"

Gyeokchan smirked, "I'm not in the mood. The alcohol isn't kicking in yet."

Gwangtae joined the chat, "You really should try to mingle tonight, though. I invited a bunch of famous pretty girls at our campus. Let me see..." his eyes scanned the room, and his index finger pointed towards a woman with curly hair who was playing a game of beer pong. Next to her, a shorter girl with big eyes was standing nervously. "There she is, that's Hyeryeong."

Gyeokchan's eyes followed the direction of Gwangtae's, and saw the woman named Hyeryeong. He knew her. She's the youngest daughter of a beauty product company. The company had a crisis last month and the PR team paid a high valued money and compensation to J Corp so they could cover the issues on media. 

"Hyeryeong... she really has the look of 90s beauty. Isn't that your type, Byeongtae?" Gyeokchan teased his friend, and Byeongtae blushed slightly.

"Yeah, she's pretty. But from what I know, she is a bad temperred person." Byeongtae stated. "I follow her on Instagram... she looks happy and all smiley everytime. But I actually followed her personal second account, and damn... dude... you should know how much tea I got from her daily stories. She's always mad and gossiping about some girls at the campus."

He paused. 

"Oh, but actually, Hyeryeong has pretty friends as well, but I guess her closest friends aren't into party like this." He explained. "One of them is so small and too shy, the other one is too busy with works and studies, and the other one... Oh. The other one is super pretty. I swear to God she looks like a goddess but I forget her name..."

"Are you still following her on Instagram? 'Cause I want to see it too. Do you mind if you share?" Gwangtae asked. 

"Nah, she caught me. I was using a fake acc and she blocked me after that." He answered. "Thank God she didn't rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter