❄️ chapter 5: first visit to the palace

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every early morning at the royal palace, all the staff and maids were always busy with their chores, making sure everything is done and ready by the time the monarchs start the day. Some would clean every corner of the rooms, make sure everything is on its place, change yesterday's flowers with fresh ones, prepare breakfast, and for sure, prepare the royal family's outfit for the day. Yes, they have their very own stylist who prepare everything they wear each day.

Kangmoo, was not the exception. He woke up early as well and got to the Crown Prince mansion with the other staff. His responsibility every morning was more into monitoring stuff, but sometimes he would give a hand to some staff who needs help.

"Oh. Oh slowly there, I got you." The man rushed to one of the maid who was filling one of the mansion's old vase with flowers and her hands slipped, making the vase wobbly. "Be careful, we don't want any of these ancient stuff to ruin, aren't we." He huffed as he secured the position of the vase.

The maid bowed several times to Kangmoo and thanked him before she continued her morning tasks.

The royal family would start their days at 8 AM in the morning where they had breakfast at their own mansion. They would take a bath an hour before and get themselves ready for the day. But Crown Prince Sooho had his own habit.

It was a couple minutes before 6 AM in the morning and the Crown Prince was standing there, with his sports fit.

"Good morning, Your Highness." Kangmoo greeted Sooho as he arrived at the Crown Prince's room. He bowed curtly, one of his hand holding an iPad.

Sooho nodded upon seeing Kangmoo bowed at him. "Morning," he said.

Im Sooho had always been a morning person. No matter how late he sleeps, he would always wake up early, latest at 6 AM. 

Last night, Kangmoo noticed that Sooho's reading room's lights were still on at 2 AM in the morning, and based on the mansion's guards information, the Crown Prince slept at 3AM last night. That was not something new, but he was always amazed by the way Sooho never looked like he had lack of sleeps– instead, he always looked so focused all of the time.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?" Kangmoo asked. "I heard from your mansion guards that you stayed awake until 3 AM in the morning."

Sooho hummed as he zipped his windbreaker jacket.

"You remember what the doctor said on the latest medical check up, don't you? Lack of sleep would impact your health." The older man explained. "Those paperworks could wait, and you even could ask me for help. You know that."

Kangmoo stared at Sooho with a grim look on his face. He had always known that Sooho had problems with his sleep. And whenever he couldn't sleep, he would make himself busy with works or other things instead. It had happened since a long time ago, though. The royal palace doctor had given several therapies and medicine to help him with his sleeping disorder, but it seemed like they didn't work that much.

The Crown Prince didn't response, he's taking a seat and picked his running shoes. 

"If I catch you staying awake up until early morning again tonight, I'll come here and make sure you take the medicine from the doctor. I'll even sing you lullabies if you want me to." Kangmoo clicked his tongue as he saw Sooho grinning at him.

Kangmoo's fingers unlocked the iPad screen and opened the calendar app to give Sooho a brief run through of the day's schedule.

"Crown Prince Im Sooho, right after your daily morning exercise, you will have to prepare yourself at 7 AM. The maids will prepare your bath and Stylist Kim had also prepared some set of outfits you can choose for the day. Breakfast will be ready by 8 AM at your mansion's dining room. At 9.30 AM, you will have another session of Asia Pacific bilateral relations learning sessions. Please make sure you have read the pre-read sent to you 2 days ago prior to the session." Kangmoo paused, taking a long breath. "At 12 PM, you will have lunch at the main palace dining hall—"

Sooho, who was making sure his running shoes were tied properly froze. "What's with the sudden agenda?" He raised his eyebrow at Kangmoo. Usually, breakfast and lunch would be done at their own mansion, but what's special that day? As far as Sooho knew, there's no special occassion that day. 

Kangmoo cleared his throat, repeating his previous lines. "At 12 PM, you will have lunch at the main palace dining hall with the Queen, the Queen Dowager, and the daughter of Eun family who had the royal engagement ring. Your bride to be, soon." Kangmoo moved his eyes away from the iPad screen and gave Sooho a look. "Last night, after midnight, Secretary Gong requested us to secure a schedule for a private meeting between the royal family and the woman. Lucky we have the Queen, the Queen Dowager, and you, free during lunch time. So we arranged a lunch together. However, the King wouldn't be there since he has another meeting for a whole day with the Ministry of Finance. "

It's getting real, isn't it? Sooho himself couldn't believe he's really getting married with a stranger.

"You know that we had found the family who owns the royal engagement ring yesterday morning, right? But you didn't ask me anything about it." Kangmoo said, anticipating the Crown Prince's respond.

Sooho left out a long exhale, standing up from his seat. "It's not polite if I didn't try to get to know her at all, isn't it?" He said to Kangmoo, "Send me the woman's profile this morning, I'll check it while I'm having breakfast later."

Kangmoo nodded curtly.

The Crown Prince proceed to stroll out of his room, his right hand man following behind him while resuming the day's schedule breakdown. "At 2 PM you will have a fencing practice session, and by 3 PM you will need to attend the discussion with..."

Kangmoo's voice faded away as Sooho's mind was flying elsewhere. He could feel his chest and shoulder getting heavier at the thoughts of the royal marriage scenario that would happen soon. Somewhere inside his heart, he was really against this idea and he wanted to break free. 

But he couldn't, right? It's his duty anyway.

 

 

 

"Is this... necessary?"

Youngro nervously asked Secretary Gong who was standing behind her with a young, good-looking woman next to him. She looked stunning, and her outfit looked so expensive, Youngro bet the price would be way more expensive than her tuition fee.

Secretary Gong gave Youngro a comforting smile, he looked like a father who's comforting his 5 years old kid. "It's okay, Miss Youngro. We just need to make sure you are well prepared and look proper before you meet the royal family."

"You said... it would be a private meeting, right?"

"It is," Secretary Gong nodded. "But of course, you must look your best when you meet the royal family. Moreover, this would be the first impression, right?"

Youngro bit her lip. He's right. This would be the first impression, and she would want to look her best. At least, she would look heavenly and proper when she asked the royal family for her personal request. God, Youngro felt nervous so much, she kept on fidgeting her fingers.

"Okay then, I'll leave you with Maeng. You're in good hands. She's one of our royal family experienced stylist. Maeng, please kindly help our Miss Youngro to look beautiful today." He showed Maeng his big smile, and left the dressing room.

They were currently at the famous exclusive salon and boutique in Gangnam. Secretary Gong booked a session specially for Youngro so the girl could prepare herself properly. The place was quiet as there were only a few people there. Some staff were curiously staring at Youngro, wondering how an ordinary looking girl came in with royal palace staff, and booked Maeng— the most professional and highest priced stylist there.

"Lift up your chin for me, Miss Youngro." Maeng said, her hands resting on Youngro's shoulder. 

Youngro left out an awkward smile as her eyes caught Maeng's stare on the enormous mirror in front of them. Maeng looked like a woman in her late 30s, she looked like a professional indeed and she looked so stylish. Youngro really adored the way Maeng put on a simple makeup on her face, but it made her looks elegantly beautiful in a very natural way. 

The professional stylist spent some seconds to st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter