❄️ chapter 1: eun youngro

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter soundtrack:
lovely - park jung eun

  
 

❄️ 

 

"Pardon?"

"Yes, you heard it right. There will be additional fee if you want to join this program next month."

Eun Youngro left out a silent sigh as the administration staff handed out a piece of brochure. It seems like it's freshly printed out since they have it piled so high and neatly on the desk. Once she received it, her eyes scanned the brochure paper and found the pricing information on the very lower part of the brochure. Her eyes rounded as she saw the numbers.

"B-but, from what I heard, this program is free? My friends from my major are applying for this program as well. Do they know about this too?" Youngro raised her eyebrows, questioning the middle aged woman in front of her. 

"Yes, all of them who applied for this program received the very same email we sent out to you last week and they have paid for the program admission rightaway. The due date is within this week, so that's why we're reaching out to you once more through your phone - because we haven't received payment yet up until today." The woman explained calmly, but Youngro believed she's actually grumbling inside. It's lunch time and Youngro is there, holding her behind her desk.

Of course they paid right away... with all those money...

"But... is there any way I can join the program without having to pay? I... I have a decent portfolio and I can send out some of my music demo to the company. I believe they would like to consider me joining the program. Because—"

"Sorry, we can't." The woman cut her, shaking her head. "This program is an exclusive collaboration between our college and YG Entertainment. One of the biggest music company in South Korea that runs globally. Moreover, this program just kicked off this year, the company finally accepted our proposal after we pitched our program several times with them."

Yes, that's why I can't miss this opportunity.

The woman took some seconds to stare at Youngro's face that is now looking down back at the brochure. "If you can't join the program this year," she exhaled. "You can try to join the program next year."

Next year? I need to focus on my final project... Youngro folded the brochure and pushed it through into her red sling bag. "Got it, Miss Yoo." She smiled to the woman and bowed her head. "I will try to consider that. Thank you for the help and have a good lunch time!" She bowed once more before walking out from her campus administration office.

 

❄️ 

 

Her long legs brought her to the campus open space, where all the students of Korea National College of Arts gathered to get their lunch, spend their free times, hang out, or even just laying down on the green grass during summer time. But they wouldn't do that during winter time– it's freezing cold now. Youngro dipped her fingers into her thick jacket to get her phone, checking on the current weather. 

"Good Lord. It's even more freezing than yesterday." She left out a long exhale, leaving a soft fog out of . "Better go get into the indoor cafeteria. Aigoo, I'm starving!" 

She picked up her pace and rushed into the campus cafeteria. Once she got in, her face was welcomed by the warmth inside the cafeteria. The space inside was quiet big, since it's the only cafeteria in the campus for students from all department. During lunch time like this, the place was quiet crowded and Youngro needed to tiptoed and lifted her head higher to find her friends. They must be here already, have they finished their lunch without me?

Don't think that this campus has a lot of students, though. Each year, Korea National College of Arts only accepting few students from all over South Korea (mostly Seoul) and the other nations. Beside of its high quality, it's also known for its exclusivity where public sees the campus as if it's the place for rich talented people only. 

Youngro was one of the lucky one to be accepted with scholarship. She is one of 10 students that year who got this opportunity, after beating out to almost 10,000 admissions that year— not only from South Korea, but also from the countries abroad. She's quiet talented— and lucky.

 

❄️ 

 

"Eun Youngro! Youngro, over here!"

That's Hyeryeong's voice. It was so loud, she's indeed a Vocal Music student. Youngro could notice the voice anywhere, that loud voice that always made Youngro grinning from ear to ear.

"Hyeryeong Unnie!" Youngro hurriedly joined Hyeryeong on her table, where some of her friends also seated there. "Have you guys eaten your lunch?" Youngro scanned the table and only found one plate of chicken salad which was Seolhui's. That small girl from Acting Department was eating slowly with her wide eyes staring at Youngro.

"They all have finished their lunch." Seolhui answered with a small pout, her fingers playing with her fork. "Why do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter