fin.

The Signature of Surprise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The busy streets of Seoul was normal, especially in a mid-year weekdays where everything just moved so fast and you cannot just stop them. 

 

Other than that, Im Nayeon's incredible increase of fans also cannot be stopped as she held her largest crowd in am arena where K-pop groups and award shows usually holds their concert and performances. 

 

The line was incredible, it's like a concert itself except that it's only Im Nayeon's event where she can talk and engage with her fans in a casually formal manner. Some even started to camp last night and some already squealed when her car arrived at the back portion of the building. 

 

All of that did not faze Kim Dahyun who never missed any of Nayeon's fanmeets. The huge crowd just meant that her favorite celebrity is gaining the recognition she oh so well deserved and Dahyun, couldn't be happier with the amount of support Im Nayeon is getting.

 

"I hope I can smile like you while waiting in queue." Someone said from behind her. 

 

Kim Dahyun turned around and saw someone her age, lining for the meet and greet, fanning herself. 

 

"I'm just really happy." Dahyun replied. 

 

"Of course we are. It's been quite a while since Im Nayeon gathered a crowd like this." The fan said. 

 

Dahyun blinked and looked at the crowd again, "I heard she's going to hold a concert soon?" 

 

The fan widened her eyes and gasped, "Woah! Really?!" 

 

Then upon realizing something, the fan dropped her expression and pouted, "Yah! Don't spread fake news like that!" 

 

Dahyun chuckled and waved her hands, "No, no. I'm sorry about that. I was just stating some rumors." 

 

'That was a close one' Dahyun thought at the back of her head. 

 

They talked a bit more after that and after half an hour of waiting, they were already nearing the entrance when a group of 5 guys passed by and accidentally pushed Dahyun to the side, dropping all her Im Nayeon merched (to be signed) on the ground. 

 

"Sor—Oh?" 

 

One of the guys noticed a red glittery card on the ground and picked it up. 

 

"What's this? You're going to invite Im Nayeon in some fancy date?" When the guy the picked up the card said that, all his companions laughed. 

 

"Can you please return the card to me? It's quite important." Dahyun asked nicely. 

 

The guy in front of her snorted, "As if Ms. Im would go out with the likes of you." 

 

"As if she'd entertain the likes of you either." Dahyun muttered not so slickly. 

 

"What did you say?" The guy started to step forward, trying to intimidate her with his height and body. 

 

"Hey! What's that commotion all about?!" 

 

Fortunately for Dahyun, her newly found friend from earlier had already called a security the moment those group of male species decided to pick up on her. 

 

Though there was a small problem along the way, Dahyun was still able to join the fanmeet and engage with the crowd's energy as they start off the fanmeet. 

 

Dahyun's wide smile was so evident especially when she saw Im Nayeon walking out from the back stage with all of her glorious aura in place. 

 

It's really hard to find an Im Nayeon in this world. Dahyun thinks no one can duplicate her, she's just that one of a kind. 

 

"217!" 

 

After quite a while of waiting for her turn, Dahyun excitedly jumped off of her chair as soon as the host yelled for her number. 

 

Dahyun's knees started to wiggle when she saw Nayeon's astounding visual up close. It's not her first time to be in front of her but it just shows how whipped she has become for the older girl. 

 

"Name?" 

 

"Dahyun." She replied ever so smiling, gaze never leaving Im Nayeon's eyes. 

 

When Nayeon looked up from signing the previous one's magazine, she sighed and closed her eyes before turning her head back to the empty note Dahyun placed and wrote her first name. 

 

"What's your last name?" 

 

Dahyun's forehead creased and scratched her chin, "Is it really necessary?" 

 

"So, Is-it-really-necessary Dahyun. Are you here again to engage me with such petty banters again?" 

 

Dahyun immediately raised her hands, "I come in peace! It's not my fault you got mad because I was right when I said that Spongebob and Sandy really got married." 

 

"How would they—!" Nayeon stopped and subtly massaged the bridge of her nose with a smile as to not wory the fans. 

 

"You know what? Forget it. Who knows, maybe next time I'll learn that the secret ingredient to Krabby Patty is crab meat!" Nayeon said through gritted teeth. 

 

Dahyun gasped at that and looked around before leaning in, "How'd you know that?" 

 

At this point Nayeon couldn't hold in a groan of frustration before not-so-subtly narrowing her gaze at the person in front of her. 

 

"Hey! People might think you have a bad temper, which you usually don't so, what's up?" 

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "Why are you here? Are you even an avid fan?" 

 

Dahyun faked a gasp and feigned a hurt expression as she clutched her chest playfully.

 

"That's offensive! I did not worked hard to be the president of your fansclub just for you to say that." 

 

Nayeon fought the urge to roll her eyes again.

 

"Then why are you here? You're clearly not here to meet and greet me, you're just here to annoy—"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter