the one where yujin gets hurt

Delicate.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 10th, 2025

Wonyoung doesn't remember how everything came down to this, her mind had been hazy since morning. But she tried to snap herself out of it after looking at the condition of the older girl in the hospital bed, unconscious with her chest raising every now and then for an attempt to breath. She rubbed the unconscious girl's hand for warmth, knowing that she won't be able to feel it anyways as she thought back to today's hectic events.

It started at 6 AM in the morning, Wonyoung was awaken rudely (not rudely- the girl just temporarily hated whoever disturbed her beauty sleep. Except Yujin.) by none other than Nayeon telling her that she had a sudden schedule through a phone call.

She felt irritated, she preferred knowing about schedules from beforehand so she can mentally prepare herself for them. And she was not mentally prepared to travel to Busan all of a sudden from Seoul for another Pocari Sweat photoshoot that abruptly came up due to conflicting schedules between her and some other model for Pocari Sweat. Yes, she still gets nervous despite being in the industry for years (Since 2016 as a twelve year old, to be exact) if she doesn't have mental preparation.

She remembers the company's staff pulling her up from sleep and hastily leading her to stand outside her apartment in the cold to wait for the car. She wanted to wait inside and enjoy the warmth, but apparently there wasn't much time and they couldn't waste a single second. To enter Wonyoung's apartment building, you had to get through a garden after reaching the large entrance gate. There was a small coffee shop for takeaway attached beside the garden. Yujin, of course, noticed Wonyoung's tired state and quickly whispered to her with a smile and told her that she would grab an Americano for the younger girl. (She never had to tell the brown hair girl that her favorite was Americano, she just figured out somehow.)

Wonyoung nodded, mumbling "thank you" under her breath multiple times. She was still sleepy so her voice wasn't in it's normal state.

As Wonyoung and the group of staff already reached the entrance gate, they didn't realize Yujin wasn't back yet. The car hadn't arrived yet either, so they waited for the two to arrive. Of course, a tall girl completely covered in a mask and black clothes with a group of people following behind her would cause a commotion. The few people walking around the road found it a rare sight, squinted their eyes for a better look and realized that it was the Jang Wonyoung standing in all her (sleepy) glory. Wonyoung guesses one of those people must be a reporter or journalist from a news company considering the short amount of time it took for Daily News for Yu (ran by two of the richest women in South Korea, Yu Jimin and her co-partner Kim Minjeong) arrived with their cameras and staff, slowly other news companies joined in too to report about Jang Wonyoung's whereabouts at ing 6 AM in the morning.

And before Wonyoung knew it, she found herself in the middle of a mob.

Wow, first, an abrupt schedule that ruined the girl's beauty sleep and irritated her to no end. Now, a mob out of nowhere and the worst thing was that Ahn Yujin was not beside her, to protect her.

It was tough, the pushing and pulling. One reporter even stepped on Wonyoung's toe while the staff was trying to get her away to a safe place. Then all of a sudden, Wonyoung turned to see the back of a huge and heavy camera right near her face as the cameraman was stumbling backwards towards the girl in the heavy crowd. Wonyoung predicted the camera to hit her pretty face harshly, then she would stumble back on one of her staff's back and then fall to the ground and pray for her life to end. Except that never happened, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a arm roughly push the camera forward, away from Wonyoung. The girl would recognize that arm anywhere.

Finally, Yujin had arrived.

Although she was a young girl in her twenties, she was experienced in taekwondo as a black belt. She had other kinds of self defense and offensive training by a relative of hers. Obviously, she wouldn't have been Wonyoung's bodyguard if she wasn't capable enough.

As Yujin distracted the crowd by not letting them get anywhere near Wonyoung to the point where she started slightly pushing the other reporters, the company staff lead the younger girl back inside the garden of the building. Wonyoung's hazy mind still hadn't worn off after all that commotion but she couldn't help moving her body slightly to peek over the gate that they were far away from right now, worried about Yujin who was still trying to stop the crowd from entering the building all on her own.

Next thing she knew, she had entered the black car through the back door of the building which she didn't even know existed and travelled to Busan without Yujin. There, during one of the breaks, Wonyoung was informed by a worried Nayeon who had also just received the news that apparently Yujin had fallen harshly on the ground during the mob and hit her head, it may be a concussion but they didn't know yet, and that she was at the hospital at the moment, some of the staff back there waiting for her to wake up.

And now, at 5 PM in the afternoon, Wonyoung was sitting in front of the unconscious girl with a pout. When will she wake up? Why was she making Wonyoung worry so much? The girl huffed while staring at the brown hair girl's face, "How did you even become my bodyguard, you're so clumsy.." she muttered. She can't help but admit how peaceful Yujin looked while sleeping (or being unconscious), a drastic contrast from her usual puppy face that lit up at the smallest of things, her eyes turning into crescents and her dimples poking out. Wonyoung let her thoughts run around for a while, maybe it was finally time to admit that,

Wonyoung had been in love with Yujin for god knows how long. She remembers barely being able to hide her starstruck self the first time she met her. (Unlike Yujin), there wasn't a specific moment where she found herself falling for the older girl. She guesses it was the little things.

How Yujin had figured out that her favorite coffee was just pure Americano without even having to tell her. Because the older girl paid a lot of attention to everything Wonyoung did.

That was one thing the girl always craved from her loved ones, she worked hard in her shooting sets and photoshoots so her mom can tell her she did well and her dad would lift her in his arms and give her a kiss. It never happened though. Until, Yujin entered her life of course.

One thing she also liked about Yujin were her dimples. Those dimples that will jump out everywhere she would show her killer smile. Wonyoung feels her breath hitch every time she sees it in person, so she tries to distract the older girl from noticing the pink tint on her cheeks by teasing her, telling her that she looked like a puppy when she smiled. That slowly lead Yujin's nickname and her name in Wonyoung's phone to be saved as DaengDaeng. (She remembers dramatically gasping and being offended that she was only saved as Wonyoung from ENOZI in Yujin's phone. 50% to tease the older girl, 50% because she was actually a bit hurt.)

She also liked Yujin's physique and her proportions, Wonyoung had rarely ever met someone that competed against her in terms of height. Both of them were similar in terms of their physique but the two had difference's in their movements. Wonyoung moved more elegantly, calculated at all times, who knows when someone is filming her from far away and she doesn't appear gentle like her nickname "Nation's Granddaughter," suggests. On the other hand, Yujin moved carelessly. She walked around without a care in the world about her tall limbs, she was too clumsy. And in some strange way, Wonyoung admired that part of Yujin too. She aspired to be as carefree as her someday.

The next on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter