One

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 1

The beginning

 

 

 

It’s rain cats and dogs with lighting and thunder rumbling. It’s so windy until they can hear the wind whistling through the small gap of window and door. The day is so dark like night time. In the queen’s room, Queen Song Hyun Mi strangle with the labor pain. Royal medical team and 2 of her trusted maid, Maid Choi and Mrs. Hwang help her by her side. King Lee Hwal always remains close with his wife, never leave the room. Everyone in this room is anxious, nervous and scare. Anything could happen tonight.

General Jung and his royal guard stay outside the room. Prepare for the worse. Tonight they all pray that miracle could happen or maybe could end the curse surrounding the royal blood.

After in labor for 8 hours, finally Queen Hyun Mi gives birth to a baby girl. She cried and Queen Hyun Mi hugs her tight in her arms, thankful that her baby is normal and healthy just likes any children. King Hwal take a deep breath relieve that everything is goes well and safe. He looks at the little girl in his wife arms. It’s so tiny and fragile.

Soon after the girl born, they hear loud noise at outside.

General Jung and his royal guard were ambushed by the unknown. One by one the royal guard fall down and died. The blood come out from their mouth and nose as they cough blood and died. General Jung looks around but can’t see anything.

“What happen out there?” King Hwal asked from outside the room.

“We’ve been attacked.”

“Who and how many?”

“I can’t see.” General Jung answer makes King Hwal confused. King Hwal looks at his new born child then to his wife. Queen Hyun Mi shakes her head slowly with teary eyes. She could read what is in her husband mind.

“I have to go and see. I will protect you and our child.” Queen Hyun Mi can understand why King Hwal wants to go but her heart could not accept it. It’s difficult to let her loved one to go. She know what is wait for them.

“I love you.” King Hwal said and kiss Queen Hyun Mi forehead.

“Come back to us.”

“I will.” King Hwal goes out joins General Jung.

“Where?” King Hwal asked as he looks around looking for their attacker.

“I don’t know.” General Jung said with his gun pointing to the open air in front of them, ready to shoot the attacker at sight. King Hwal draws his gun out from his holster strap at his waist. He carefully looks around and saw someone standing on the big tree at yard.

“There!” King Hwal said. It camouflage among the tree leave but King Hwal can see it silhouette. General Jung and royal guard that survive the attack begin to shoot at the tree. It’s jump down from the tree.

It’s reveal itself. It’s a woman. She had a long red colour hair, her skin is pale like no blood on her at all and her face is beautiful but somehow it feels wrong about her. She wear a black robe outside and it look like an old Hanbok style inside.

“Stop!” King Hwal command but she give him a smirk likes he just telling him a joke.She had no fear but her eyes fill with madness. She takes a step and General Jung shoot her on her body. She’s bleed but it did not stop her at all. After General Jung shoot and the other royal guard start to shoot too. She walks fast past the royal guard. She waves her hand and the royal guard fall on their feet. She did not kill them but badly injured.

In the blink of an eye, she held King Hwal on his throat. She smile and reveal her sharp teeth.

“She’s mine.” She said refer to King Hwal’s new born daughter.

“You can’t touch her.” King Hwal said and she tightens her grip on his throat with a mocking smile.

“You can’t stop me.” King Hwal could smell her scent when she is close. She smell likes a floral sweet. If she is not a demon, she looks so perfect as a human.

“I will stop you. I will protect her from you.” She laughed hysterically. It’s sound high pitch until their ears feel hurt.

“I will let you live so you can witness it.” She said and throws him out from the way. King Hwal knock on his head and he pass out. Royal guard that still alive try to stop her from coming in but she’s just wave her both hand to knock them out from her way. General Jung grab her feet but she calmly look down with smile on her face. She’s excited to meet the new born child.

“Witness it, how weak you are to protect the royal family. You can’t even stop me.” She told General Jung then kicks him. He flew a few feet away from the door. He saw the demon push open the door before he lost conscious.

Queen Hyun Mi saw the demon stand near her bed. She still feels weak and pain. No one could help her now. Maid Choi and Mrs. Hwang fall on the floor, unconscious. The royal medical team run out from the room out of fear.

“STOP!” Queen Hyun Mi demand but she just smile while her eyes fix on the new born child in Queen Hyun Mi arms.

She closed in and grabs the child from Queen Hyun Mi hands like a doll. Queen Hyun Mi screaming and hold her hand.

“NO!” Annoying with Queen Hyun Mi, the demon hold tight. If she wants she could snap her neck like a twig. As she looks at Queen Hyun Mi’s throat, she could hear the blood rush under her skin making she feel thirsty.

“You smell so sweet.” She said and sunk her teeth on Queen Hyun Mi’s throat.

“I will sacrifice myself for my child life. You can’t touch her because I believe she will end the curse surround the royal family.” Queen Hyun Mi vows. The demon looks at her with big round eyes. Can’t believe what she heard.

“No.....” The demon put her hand down, she let the child go and Queen Hyun Mi grabs the child before she could land on the floor. In breathless, Queen Hyun Mi smile relieve that her child is safe in her hand again.

“I name you Lee Si An. And you are the Curse Child that we looking for.” Queen Hyun Mi said weakly in her death breath she vows as she looks at her child.

“No....” The demon said as she looks at the child. She did not see how different she is from other child. She is just an ordinary new born child. Nothing feels special about her. After Queen Hyun Mi breath out her last breathe something happen to the child.

She begins to glow as bright as sun. Her eyes change colour from dark brown to golden yellow. The demon just staring at her and feel pain all over her body. She can’t move or run. Slowly she feels something moving up from her feet. Lee Si An did not cried at all. She did not feel hurt at all.

“Is this your power?” The demon asked to the child but she can’t even understand or talking. She’s just a new born child. Slowly the demon gone with the wind likes dusk.

****10 YEARS LATER****

Lee Si An running at the hallway with laughter. Jung Jaehyun runs after her. They play tag. Maid Choi and Mrs. Hwang run after them.

“Princess!! Please don’t run.” Them called after Si An and Jaehyun. Si An feel funny when she look over her shoulder. She runs from whom actually. Si An did not look where she run and she run into the King’s office room.

She bumps into someone when she busy looking behind her.

“I’m sorry.” Si An apologizes as she looks up.

“Princess Si An, do you know where you are?” General Jung asked as he look at Si An and Jaehyun. Maid Choi and Mrs. Hwang stop running. General Jung always looks stiff and unfriendly person. He follows rules and law very strictly. It’s hard to see him smiling, but he is not a bad person. He takes his job very seriously and Si An feel safe and she could trust him.

“Thank you, General Jung. We will take over from here.” Maid Choi said makes Si An pouting. She knows what waits for her. Jaehyun stand straight when he saw his father.

“Jung Jaehyun, do you forget what I told you?” General Jung’s voice is full with authority.

“No, sir.” Jaehyun answered.

“Good. Do your duty properly.” General Jung said.

“Yes, sir.”

Maid Choi holding Si An’s hand tight, Jaehyun and Mrs. Hwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter