On One Knee

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dress she wore felt so tight, the crowding inside the hall feel suffocating and her eyes were almost teary. He was standing in front of her looking dazzling in that blue navy suit. She recognized it well because that suit was being hand-picked by herself.

 

 

"Nayeon, you are here."

 

 

His velvety voice makes her turn her head. Her forehead almost wrinkles when she hears that voice this time. Kim Nayeon was having herself anxious and discomfort. Damn herself for being such a before. She was so proud to brag to her best friend that she could make it through this Gala dinner. Her best friend was right. She would cry the moment she saw him face to face like this. Nayeon had seen the face that has make her heartbroken. It was her ex-boyfriend.

 

 

"Nayeon are you okay? You look pale."

 

 

He said as he tried to get closer. Nayeon however was taking a step back. She doesn't want to be in touch with that dirty hands who might have fun with so many girls behind her. Seeing that, he smiled bitterly. The smile that was supposed to be sweet had always made Nayeon feel like on cloud nine. His voice once again comes out.

 

 

"Nayeon, you always hiding away like that. Come here. We need to talk." He said but Nayeon doesn't want to. She doesn't want to talk to him.

 

"Go away, Kai."

 

"No. Not when you go to your best friend instead of me when we have a problem going on."

 

 

He knows. Her ex-boyfriend named Kai knows what exactly going on between them. Nayeon frowning. Kai had always hated Baekhyun since they ever met in the coffee shop when Nayeon introduced them at first. Baekhyun was not exactly warm to Kai as he keeps provoking the latter with countless jokes like Kai looks like a walking hazard and why he spoke like a gentleman in the 80s. Kai on the other hand thought Baekhyun was a weirdo. Who in the hell appears in a coffee shop looking like a wreck with a motorcycle? Not only that, but Baekhyun had also spilled some coffee on Kai with his nonchalant face saying he accidentally steps on his foot. Their encounter was not the pleasant one even for Nayeon.

 

"He... isn't my best friend. He is my fiancée, Kai."

 

Nayeon makes up a lie in the heat of the moment. She doesn't want Kai to keep insulting her friend and to make Kai go away and stop disturbing her. Kai laughs and it was not the one Nayeon found funny. She was slightly flustered over it. Kai knows her well as he looks at her after that.

 

"Baekhyun as your fiancée? Not in this lifetime, Nayeon. If you ever love him, you guys would have been married a long time ago."

 

Kai was too confident. Nayeon bit her lips trying to not cause much more drama here. Oh, how her hands were itchy to slap him. Her thoughts were going like how did she even date him before? They both were in this tense silence when suddenly that voice.

The one who had always comforted her with his words even if it was pissing people sometimes greeting her.

Nayeon doesn't know why but it brings temporary comfort to her. Kai was looking at Nayeon's back. Everyone's eyes had turned to that person behind her. She wonders. What is going on right now?

 

"Na... "

 

 

 

Nayeon turns her head as she saw Baekhyun's face. He was walking to her while she was standing in the middle of the hall. Kai also had his eyes on that person. Baekhyun was wearing a black suit his hair being undercut. His suit was not suitable for public view (at least that's what Nayeon thinks). It was slightly open between his chest and Nayeon couldn't even breath as Baekhyun stands in front of her with that smug face of his. How did Baekhyun know where she is? She didn't tell him about this Gala dinner. Nayeon looks around as if eyes were on them but Baekhyun seems to not give a about it. He never did. Instead, he playfully shows his smile as his fang-like tooth showing. Nayeon looked at Baekhyun as she was still shocked by his appearance. She partially forgot about Kai who was standing near her. Baekhyun had his eyes on Nayeon before looking at Kai. The bastard was looking at Baekhyun with a roll of his eyes. Baekhyun chuckles. He holds Nayeon's hands tightly as his voice comes out slowly.

 

"What my dear fiancée doing here? You should have stayed by my side."

 

"Oh, look at that acting."

 

 

 

Kai's voice comes out as he watches the scene unfold. Baekhyun and Nayeon both look at him as they feel annoyed with Kai's presence. This man is the joy killer for a party. Baekhyun then smirks. He tightened his hand on Nayeon. Since Kai called it acting, Baekhyun would like to play the drama until the end.

 

"Na.. remember that time when you ask me about it?"

 

"Uh... ask what?"

 

"Oh, my baby Nayeon."

 

Baekhyun sounds like a freaking diva as he laughs. He then put his hand on Nayeon's cheeks as Kai's eyes turn wide. He smirks. The show must go on. Nayeon suddenly remembers about it. It's not what she thinks right?

 

"Baek..."

 

Baekhyun was silent. He lows his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter