Chapter 4

The Thing about Jennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The thing about Jennie is that she has the biggest heart to love. When she loves someone, even if she’s uncomfortable, unsure, or hurting, she’ll find ways to give her whole heart to that person. She’ll make things happen or find ways to make the impossible possible.

 

“Jen, why don’t you sleep first? You just got here and that was a long flight.” Jisoo asked her girlfriend over the phone.

 

“Chu, we’re in Paris. I’m not going to waste my time just sleeping. And I had a long sleep in the plane.” 

 

“I’ll be out for a Dior dinner meeting and might finish late. Why don’t you just go here tomorrow morning, love? I don’t want you to wait up too long for me, Jendeuk.” Jisoo tried her best to convince her stubborn mandu.

 

“No… I want to sleep beside you already…” Jennie whined.

 

“I’m moving hotels soon also so why not wait for that?” Jisoo tried again.

 

“No, I miss you already…”

 

“Jendeuk…”

 

“Baby…”  Jisoo could already imagine the tears in her girlfriend’s eyes after hearing this one.

 

“You’ll ask manager oppa to bring you here?” She finally asked.

 

“Yes…”

 

“And you don’t want to sleep first?”

 

“No, because I might oversleep and you won’t let me go to you anymore…” 

 

Jisoo sighed and knew that she lost this battle. Jennie Kim wins. 

 

“Alright, alright. I’ll see you tonight here, okay? I’ll ask my manager to hand your keycard to your manager so you can just enter anytime. But what will you do to stay up? I really might finish late since it’s a dinner meeting too.” Jisoo asked with worry.

 

“I’ll meet my friends here for dinner. I can ask them to bring me around first. And then before that… I’ll probably finish some of the bracelets I’ve been working on.” 

 

“But promise me you’ll sleep if you feel the need to sleep?”

 

“I will, Chu!” Jennie answered happily. Jennie Kim always wins.

 

Around 1:30 am, Jennie finally entered Jisoo’s suite with a sleepy smile. 

 

“Chu…” Jennie buried herself in Jisoo’s arms and inhaled deeply.

 

Jisoo hugged her girlfriend tightly and brought her to bed before she falls asleep standing up.

 

“I told you to come here tomorrow instead. Pabo.” Jisoo said affectionately while kissing her forehead.

 

“I mished you. Gib me kish.” The sleepy girl mumbled on her neck.

 

Jisoo just laughed lightly and gave her a sweet kiss.

 

“Sleep, Jendeuk. Let’s greet each other tomorrow properly. Okay?”

 

“Okay, Chu. If you say so…” 

 

Jisoo could only look at her girl fondly and hugged her closer.

 

 

“Unnie, I’m telling you. Jisoo unnie is upset with you.” Chaeng told her with worry.

 

“But what did I do?” Jennie whined.

 

"All your pictures here in LA… maybe they're very, hmmmmm, y?” The blonde tried to explain.

 

“Eh?!? But Jisoo likes seeing me y. Remember when she saw my CK pictures, she couldn’t wait to get her hands on….” 

 

“Nooooo, please do not finish that sentence!!!” 

 

“But it’s true!” Jennie pouted while thinking of the reason why Jisoo was upset with her.

 

“Well, remember your Halloween outfit?” 

 

Jennie looked at Rosé and waited for her to continue as she really was clueless on why her girlfriend would feel that since they’ve been talking everyday and she never mentioned feeling upset over anything.

 

“Well, it was really nice, right? Very y, very alluring, very true to the character you were going for.” Chaeng tried to explain and wished that the girl would finally understand what she’s going for.

 

“Uh huh, I know. I showed that outfit to Chu and she liked it very much also. We had a very memorable video call after she saw that fit and…” Jennie tried to share with her.

 

“Okay! Okay! I don’t need to hear it. Anyway, well, she saw some pictures of the party and I guess she didn’t like how some people were.. Uhmm.. too close to you?” 

 

“Ahhhhh… I get it.” Jennie finally realized. “Is she upset because she’s actually jealous?”

 

“Yes, there! Because she was sulking to Lisa and I the whole time after seeing some pictures. She kept pouting and muttering. When we asked her what was wrong, she said it was nothing. But Lisa saw her phone and saw that she was looking at some of your party pictures. Lisa thinks she was just grumpy because she misses you but I was thinking maybe she was actually jealous.” 

 

“I see. Thank you for telling me this, hubby!” Jennie smiled and went to get her phone.

 

“You didn’t hear it from me, unnie!” The younger girl left Jennie’s room to message Lisa about what happened.

 

Jennie quickly dialed Jisoo’s number and waited for her to pick up which she knows she will. Even if there’s a big time difference, both of them promised that they could call each other anytime. No questions asked. Especially if one is missing the other.

 

“Jendeuk? Are you okay?” Jisoo answered with her voice heavy with sleep, making it huskier than usual.

 

‘God, her voice is so y.’ Jennie smiled just hearing it.

 

“Hi, baby. I’m sorry for calling and waking you up. I know you’re asleep and have an early schedule later.” 

 

“No, no. It’s okay. Hi, are you okay?” Jisoo tried to sound more alert.

 

“Yeah… I just missed hearing your voice, babe.” Jennie bit her lips. She really did miss her Chu and she doesn’t want to get teary eyed because of it.

 

“Awwww, is my Jendeukie missing me so much again?” Jisoo laughed. “I miss you so much also, baby.”

 

“I’m missing even your laugh, Chu.” Jennie pouted.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t go to LA… I tried to haggle here for them to let me go there but it’s just not possible with my schedule because of some promo shoot.”

 

“I know… I’m sorry I’m being clingy again.” 

 

“You’re my Jendeukie. It won’t be you if you’re not clingy.” Jisoo smiled as she relaxed herself on the bed again.

 

“A few more days. I’ll be home to you soon.” 

 

“And I’ll be here waiting.” Jisoo whispered affectionately with her husky voice.

Jennie could only nod even if the older girl couldn't see her.

 

“Chichu?”

 

“Yes, Jendeuk?”

 

“Is it true? Are you feeling a bit jealous because of some pictures?” Jennie asked gently.

 

Jisoo coughed. Jennie smiled as she knows this is how Jisoo covers her real emotions.

 

“What? Where did you hear that?” Jisoo tried to scoff.

 

“Chu, just tell me. Were you?” Jennie gently coaxed.

 

“Pfft… No… Tsk… Okay, maybe. Just a little. Not so much.”

 

Jennie waits patiently as she knows her girlfriend will eventually tell her.

 

“Okay, I’m feeling maybe, sort of, not so much, but okay I really am.. Jealous.” Jisoo stuttered answering Jennie.

 

“But why, baby? Did I do anything that made you feel that?”

 

“No… not you. It’s just me… I just didn’t like how some of your LA friends are too close to you.” Jisoo muttered.

 

“What do you mean, love?”

 

“It’s because you’re so crazy y and they get to see it and stay close to you. They even get  to put their arms around you during pictures… and I’m not there to pull you away so you’ll be closer to me instead. So yeah… maybe I’m jealous… “ Jisoo mumbled the last part.

 

“Aww baby, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I made you feel that. But you know those are nothing, right?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“They’re just being playful and flirty for the pictures, baby. You know I won’t do anything either, right?” Jennie asked worriedly.

 

“I know… I’m just being miserable because I miss you and I miss your hugs and kisses.” Jisoo pouted.

 

“Awww, my baby. I’m sorry. I’ll be there soon, okay? I wish I could hug and kiss you too.” Jennie sighed.

 

“Mmmmmhmmmm, lots of hugs and kisses waiting for you here, babe.” Jisoo answered sleepily.

 

“Go to sleep, Chu. I just wanted to hear your voice really and tell you that I love you. So no need to be jealous, okay?” Jennie softly answered.

 

“I love you too, Jendeukie… I miss you. Call you later when I’m up?” Jisoo yawned.

 

Jennie giggled hearing her girlfriend fighting her sleep.

 

“Goodnight, my Chu.”

 

“Goodnight, Jendeuk.” Jisoo ended the call with a big smile on her face as she slept.

 

Come morning time in Korea, Jisoo received a bouquet of flowers every hour of the day from her Jendeuk. Each bouquet came with a note telling her how special she is and how badly the girl in LA is missing her. 

 

It was Jisoo’s turn to call her girlfriend to wake her up and tell her how much she was missing her as well.

 

 

“Did you have fun at your birthday celebration, babe?” Jisoo asked Jennie as they got home in their unit.

 

“Of course! I didn’t expect my mom to go all out with the food she prepared for everyone though. I bet she’s regretting having all those leftovers with her.” Jennie snickered.

 

“Well, she can always send us some of those extra food so we don’t have to keep cooking here.”

 

“Oh you mean, I don’t have to keep cooking?”Jennie teased as she wrapped her arms around her baby.

 

“Mmhmm, so we’ll have more time to do other things. Don’t you think so?” Jisoo smiled and leane

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter